Site Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ They all seem to be here as far as I can see!

So anyways, about pushing those individual post boxes back together again for a cleaner/shorter scroll and read... =D You KNOW you want to do it! Don't deny your true feelings! =D
Peace ~Katie

Could the "Search Forum" field be at the top of the page, especialy for the Drug Discussion forums, so it's easier for people to search before posting a thread.

vvumpscu7 said:
If I'm printing a thread, I want less pages, and big headers and footers waste that space. Maybe people could select a style sheet specifically for printing that would dump all the graphics.

You mean like the "Show Printable Version" button that at the bottom of every thread?

Nice! Very nice! At first when I came to the site, I thought I had mispelled bluelight or something

looking very nice.. good work guys. %)

i know this wont be a priority but those jump menus (the scrolling ones) seemed hard to use with the archives and all that interspersed.

I love the new colour scheme!

I don't like avatars in general, but if we MUST have them, please for the love of god allow them based on LENGTH OF MEMBERSHIP not numbers of post! I think 1 year is an excellent idea.

As was said, the current way encourages needless postwhoring, whereas time will not do this, and will encourage people instead to stick around.

VERY NICE

I'm pretty impressed with the new update... though it seems to load slower than it previously did...

question

will we eventually have the ability to link to individual replies within a post?

The new features are great, but the layout really isn't. I personally think to much room is taken by non-message data and images. It distracts a lot more and isn't as easy to read as before. Maybe you can make the layout a bit lighter and put the focus back on the messages.

Don't get me wrong, bluelight ownes! Just a point of critic on the new version ;)

/edit

And I would also vote *no* avatars.

Last edited:
The new site is WONDERFUL!!!! I actually had to go into the website twice cuz I thought I was in the wrong site!!

Just wanted to add my praise to the revamp, so far smooth sailing for me!!!

Hands down to those that did all the work!!!!=D

Chrissie... the link to a specific post function will be coming back shortly. :)

frizzantik said:
please, SOON! the post text too :D

I thought this was fixed? For most people it seems to not be an issue anymore.

they're still small and unchanching on my IE6 on XP

it doesnt seem like it's changed at all to me (i even emptied my cache to make sure)

:(

Last edited:
located the problem just for you... should upload a fix tonight if possible (flat out atm) :)

me like me like! i got a bit of a weird shock when i went to check bluelight and a purple screen came up.....damn all those poor souls! ALSO....what the hell is "falsch"??

try changing the appropriate code in BL.CSS to this and see how it works for ya

Code:
SELECT {
	FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
	FONT-SIZE: 90%;
	COLOR: #000000;
	BACKGROUND-COLOR: #CFCFCF
}
textarea, .bginput {
	FONT-SIZE: 100%;
	COLOR: #000000;
	BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFFFF;
                BORDER: 1px solid #7577A6;
}

.sf, .smallfont {
	FONT-SIZE: smaller;
}
.mf, .mainfont {
	FONT-SIZE: 100%;
}
.pf, .postfont, .lf, .largefont {
	FONT-SIZE: larger;
}
.navl, .navl A:link, .navl A:visited, .navl A:active {
	FONT-SIZE: smaller;
	color: #ffffff;
	font-weight: normal;
}

avoiding using pt or px when setting font sizes will make it easier for the user to set the font size to something that is easy for them to read :)

yep i know... just have to clear enough time to be able to do it then sit down for a couple of hours and wait for bug reports to roll in, plus time for fine tuning and further reports. :)

The file itself is already edited, but thanks for the help. :D

this vbb business sounds hard...i thought you just installed it like any app - select default, press 'next' a few times when prompted and then 'finish' and voila! it's done. Pity Microsoft didn't code this ey? :p

"Bluelight has encountered a fatal error and must close. Sorry about that long post you were typing...

Would you like to send microsoft your most personal details so that we can ignore the error but continue compiling our market research?"

Jakoz said:
yep i know... just have to clear enough time to be able to do it then sit down for a couple of hours and wait for bug reports to roll in, plus time for fine tuning and further reports. :)

The file itself is already edited, but thanks for the help. :D

if you need any beta testers sign me up

im really excited to not have to change my resolution everytime i come here.. i wanna see BL BIG hehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.