Site Upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fonts.. PLEASE

are the fonts every gonna be changed, or do you like only catering to people with 800x600 resolutions 8) i guess its a good way to make the site run faster

frizzantik: im getting to it, but right now im flooded with real life stuff, and other bluelight stuff. this is quite a way down in my list of things to do as you're the only one i know of with this problem (there must be more but there cant be many as im not hearing it elsewhere).

will get to it this week... just dont have any time on my hands at all atm... only got to sleep every second night last week as it was. :)

Is it just certain people, or are the number of posts not increasing once you post a message? I have posted .. and some other people too .. and the number aint increasing.

example can be viewed at europe/africa events forum

Kudos to whomever changed the threads from displaying "last" to the actual final few page numbers. Much appreciated :)

Jakoz said:
frizzantik: im getting to it, but right now im flooded with real life stuff, and other bluelight stuff. this is quite a way down in my list of things to do as you're the only one i know of with this problem (there must be more but there cant be many as im not hearing it elsewhere).

will get to it this week... just dont have any time on my hands at all atm... only got to sleep every second night last week as it was. :)

NO SLEEP. ONLY BLUELIGHT!! haha

sorry i was a bit bitchy up there. it would be cool to be able to set the fonts.. i see probably 4 or 5 people in this thread mentioning font issues, and bluelight does seem be have less traffic than before the switch.... fwiw

RE: font issues:

frizzantik: went to fix it today (font issues suck on this shitty replacement 14 inch monitor) and in doing do found a widespread bug that affects various areas of the site, and stops me letting any fonts accept mf and pf be relative. Is easy to fix, but takes time i dont have till the weekend.

I just quickly made the other two fonts relative as a quick fix so you can at least use the site, but if anyone reports anything wrong ill just put the old one back till the weekend.

nup... too difficult on this monitor, and i dont have the time to fix all the problems.

will be done on the weekend. :)

k should be fixed now.... the 3 font sizes are set to 7, 9 and 10 point... looks right to me... let me know if it looks horrible elsewhere.

im not sure if its intentional but the trailing numbers after a thrad title to indicate page numbers are now VERY small.

[edit: the top right navigation whre myBL, etc is, are illegible, so are some dropdown listboxes :( dunno if its opera fucking up]

[edit2: my bad... upon refresh, text seems to be displaying fine now]

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention that the day I logged on to discover the new format and the rockin' and life-saving "Getting Off Right" guide to injection drug use was entirely readable on BL, I had a 37 hour-long orgasm of the spirit. I have since gradually regained my abilities to speak, post, and annoy with excessive, sophmoric eloquence.

Excellent work!!

most of the site is definitely readable now thanks a lot

relative sizing is still the ideal solution though.. sux that it is so hard to set up..

did you know fixed font sizes is the #4 web design mistake of 2002? http://useit.com/alertbox/20021223.html

i love useit.com its like my web design bible hehe %)

big up the one like jakoz for his hard work

hey sweet i just found a feature in IE6 that disables the reading of font information.. if i want to i can define my own style sheets. i just might

nevermind jakoz change it all back lol

Kudos to the Bluelight team, this website has and will always be one of the finest drug related websites on the internet.

Keep up the excellent work :D

Search an individual thread is now installed

Since we upgraded I also installed "Search an individual thread" feature.

It can be found at the bottom of the page when viewing a thread opposite forum jump.

Chr1

Status
Not open for further replies.