• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

scared of acid

People can go on and on about how harmless acid is but just look at people tripping face on acid. Something is very wrong in their heads, I hate even being around them now days. Also people preach about how acid and mushrooms are practically the same, from my observations this couldnt be further from the truth. I have witnessed alot of bad mushroom trips and while the tripers look really uncomfortable it is nothing compared to the violent outburst during and emotional disturbances lasting weeks after an acid trip. I have watched that shit turn several friends into spaced out crispy critters. I am personally terrified of acid and would never risk potential mental disaster for one day of fun.

And in reguards to people asking about comparisons to meth, coke, heroin, etc. its quite simple. Yes there is a remote chance of OD with those body drugs but no one shoots up and lives the rest of thier life with HPPD. Think twice before you drop.

Personally, I think acid is way less intimidating than mushrooms, but no one believes me either. "DUDE, you can like jump off a building on that shit..No shit, my mom knows someone who did it in high school and jumped off a building, thinking they could fly" is a typical response. I'm more anxious when I smoke weed than when I trip!

Acid's definitely not harmless. That's what the guy who gave me my first hit said and then when we all had a fucking nightmare trip I think he might have changed his mind. There's a difference between a "positive attitude" and thinking you're an invincible fun machine.

Yeah, I just don't buy the natural over synthetic thing. Most plants don't want to be eaten. Many plants have toxins. Psilocybin is technically a neurotoxin, not because it causes neural damage, but because it disrupts normal neurological functioning, much like paralyzing venoms and whatnot. The fungus just can't see the nature of the toxicity, which we happen to enjoy. :)

Um....heh....how do you know exactly that plants "don't want" to be eaten?

That's an anthropomorphosism used as semantic shorthand. Technically, those that have mechanisms against being eaten have higher fitness. I thought I could avoid having to explain all that.

Fruit is an exception, but that's just one small part of the plant. It doesn't kill the plant to eat the fruit, and you help it disperse its seeds. That's the advantage it gets.

Hold on though; many plants and animals benefit from being cultivated and eaten by humans. Why not magic mushrooms?

i think acid is the worst drug .i have taken a few drugs and i dont think doing lsd was worthwhile !!:\

Hardcore psychedelics (LSD, DMT, trypts, 2C-E, etc.) follow the same logic: they can give you the worst, and/or the best. You can get terror or bliss. And some persons enjoy trying to get the best every time they dose, and they're good at it.

LSD is a non-addictive psychedelic drug. Its high is (for my part) highly philosphical and visual. I also found it to enhance my senses of touch, hearing and tasting.

It gave me the worst, and it gave me the best, and I feel I've learned from it.

^ I agree with that. I don't like just getting high all the time and can never get round the feeling that I'm wasting my life if I smoke weed.
Acid might be dangerous, but I also ride a motorbike fairly fast and a lot of people die when they fuck that up.
Life is dangerous. I'm willing to take a risk with my mind because I don't want to get to the end all perfectly preserved but wishing I'd tried things. Maybe I will end up a bit deranged, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll go under a lorry on my way to work tomorrow, maybe I won't.
It's all a gamble whatever you do, so you might as well enjoy it.

You shouldn't be scared of living in case you die. You're probably going to go senile and you're definitely going to die, regardless.

In 40 years time I may wish I'd not done so much acid, but I'd rather risk wishing that than the other way round.

timely16 said:
Yeah, I just don't buy the natural over synthetic thing. Most plants don't want to be eaten. Many plants have toxins. Psilocybin is technically a neurotoxin, not because it causes neural damage, but because it disrupts normal neurological functioning, much like paralyzing venoms and whatnot. The fungus just can't see the nature of the toxicity, which we happen to enjoy. :)

lol!...stupid fungus

gloggawogga said:
The only thing you have to fear, on acid or on shrooms, is fear its self.

I couldn't agree more. Though I have not used LSD but shrooms and RC's quite a lot..and it all comes down to the fact that its about being afraid of being afraid. Once you get past that, its really quite easy to control yourself when the trip starts turning bad.

%) Posted by Blue)Dolphin
I am scared to take acid around people I don't know well, or who I do know well but don't like their vibe.
I am scared to take acid too late in the evening so I don't have a chance to sleep afterwards and might feel regret the next day or suffer through work or have to call in sick.
I am scared to take acid with other people who may not be able to handle thier acid and therefore might project a bad trip onto me.
I am scared to take acid in a place that I can't go outside or wander around freely.

Well maybe I'm not so scared of acid. But I do have enormous respect for it.
[/QUOTE]
^I agree with this so much. I've always tried to explain this caution to friends who have not taken acid as much as myself and they don't understand - I keep getting told "its all in your mind" :X

Still it wont stop me from taking acid tomorrow down at the beach with a group of mates I've tripped with heaps before and some that I don't know all that well and who have never tripped... :\

Like someone said though, nothing to fear on acid except fear itself

^ The above sounds like good set *& setting practice to me not fear!

i think people are scared because of the bad rep it's been given by the government.

Well... that's what scared me. Wasn't till i actually started living according to myself and i researched the effects and read some trip reports... realized that it's bed rep was just government propaganda.

I really think that it has a bad reputation that is caused by people who have either had bad trips from it that spreads to a reputation that it is such a dangerous drug. The other is that the name "acid" just scares just about everyone away who hasn't tried it and it not open minded because they think that it probubly destroyes your brain or makes you have Schizophrenia?