• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

scared of acid

I am scared of acid.

I am scared to take a 10-strip ever again, or probably more than 300ug I'd be a bit nervous.
I am scared to take acid around people I don't know well, or who I do know well but don't like their vibe.
I am scared to take acid too late in the evening so I don't have a chance to sleep afterwards and might feel regret the next day or suffer through work or have to call in sick.
I am scared to take acid with other people who may not be able to handle thier acid and therefore might project a bad trip onto me.
I am scared to take acid in a place that I can't go outside or wander around freely.

Well maybe I'm not so scared of acid. But I do have enormous respect for it.

If you think of LSD as though it were a video game that you're trying to win, then you shouldn't be scared of it. Fear is just an illusion of the mind, LSD taught me that recently!

^ Just treat LSD as you would a game, the only difference is the game is in the mind, and enjoy it. :)

Yes, it's true. All you need to do is play a game like Crash Bandicoot for the PS to know what LSD is like.

^ Haha I wonder what playing that game while on LSD will be like. Would be fucking mad. I might try that one day actually.

I have never taken Acid, or in fact any psychedelic before but am considering it. I have spoken to many of my friends who regularly use acid and/or mushrooms in regards to whether it would be better to take mushrooms first to prepare myself for acid. I got varying opinions from my friends and i'm still unsure what to do. Any suggestions?

Yes. Play Crash Bandicoot for Playstation One for six hours before dosing.

With music playing in the background, and incense burning, and revolving globes.

PUMA87 said:
IN MY OPINION:

How can anyone say shrooms are more intense than LSD...

Sure today LSD in general is weak and low in the ug range (as far as my network of friends is concerned), but think about the strength of them 10 years go let alone back in the days of 60-70's. People talk about taking 3 or 4 hits of the recent white on whites but seriously they couldnt have had more than 50 ug each (estimates from local veterens).

Acid ten years ago was weak, hell it was weak 30 years ago. Ever since the late sixties/early seventies it's taken several hits to get a good trip. That said it would be advisable to start small and work up with the dosage. Only problem with that is tolerance builds quickly so you need a fair bit of time between trips.

SpunkySkunk347 said:
Why are people scared of acid?
Propaganda of LSD in the 60's and 70's which is now built up even more through the media and movies. I can't stand all the rumors that float around.. "If you take acid 7 times you are legally insane." "You will have horrible flashbacks for the rest of your life." "You will become retarded and have schizofrania." All of them are bullshit.

Shrooms are way more scarier than acid. Just one bad shroom can kill you if you don't know what your doing. The only thing I think you really have to worry about with acid is having a bad trip.

i had a bad trip once and i still today get flashbacks and have things warp and change in my everyday life.

i've gotten used to it though.

(on shrooms!)
(ive never done acid...im scared to, hahaha)

The way this thread is going has reminded me of one of my favourite quotes from a book.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
--- Bene Gesserit

I think it pretty much covers my opinion. Fear is a normal part of you. Trying to block it just makes it stronger and in the context of acid, is going to cause a bad trip.

edit: just read that quote over and over again and I'm almost forming another opinion of what it means. Oh well.

whoever says shrooms can be more intense has to be fucking joking man....god...i have take a crazy amount of both,, and the only thing more intense on shrooms are the annoying side effects...lsd is much more of a clean high..for me anyway....everybody`s diff though..

i just did acid for the first time last weekend. and before that i was one of the people who was scared of it.

as it turns out.. acid is now my new favorite drug.

and from my personal experience, acid is way less intense than mushrooms. i've had a few horrible trips from mushrooms. mind-fuck, ego-loss... all in the worst way. but off acid everything was so funny, the colors were awesome. when i take shrooms i usually become very withdrawn and don't really want to socialize at all. but on acid it was completely opposite.

though, i'm sure if i continue to do acid i will eventually have a bad trip.

A lot of people tend to have a bias toward "natural" things, which they axiomatically assume to be healthier. So they prefer shrooms over acid.

When I used to do coke, stoners would criticize me for doing it, and I'd say, "Yeah, I do coke once a week, but you smoke weed five times a day. How is that better?"

"Because, weed is from the earth, man."

"Umm, cocaine is also from a plant."

"Yeah, but it's concentrated in an unnatural form."

"But the herb you're smoking has been cultivated to be many times more potent the natural strain. That's unnatural."

Not that a cared whether it was natural or not.

I personally prefer acid over shrooms because shrooms can be so emotional and so much of mindfuck sometimes.

I agree with you 100% timely16, except that I would say doing coke once a week is worse than doing weed five times a day, simply because of money, the toxicity, and possibility of getting addicted.

Pharaoh Sphinx said:
Its because tryptamines are too much.

I just finished a 72 hour PCP binge, and that was ALOT easier to handle than a 12 hour acid trip, mentally, emotionally, functionally, and physically.

You wanna talk about drugs with bad rep, toss the word PCP out into those conversations and see peoples reactions.

But to me, LSD, and all tryptamines including shrooms and RCs, are just too much 'bullshit' not enough 'goodshit'... as opposed to, narcotics for example, or as the OP brought up in regards to some lady, crack.

If you've never smoked crack, youd be suprised to find the high isnt hardcore at all its very 'basic', and very easy to handle... but LSD... THAT to me is what a HARDCORE high is.

I cant handle any tryptamines anymore, or even coke because that shits got too much negative serotonin effects. Gimme maryjane, opioids and PCP anyday, those are the three greatest drugs you'll ever find, if your judging with my criteria.

lol when i read the first part of your post i spit red wine all over my computer screen..

but anyway but to the person who started this thread i think you may be possibly a little nieve (spelling)? I have tripped more than a few times but not too excessively and it definitley changed my conciousness forever. I also think shrooms are a bit more bugged out that cid. But i remember like 2 years ago i had taken boomers like 3 times and someone i was chilling with convinced me to dose the first time, before that i always said i would never take cid, but i did and that opened me up to tripping more and on some other shit that didnt go over as well. Personally im happy i took lsd and my last trip in august or july was beautiful and eye opening so next spring ill probly dose again.

and altho i never smoked crack i have seen my fair share of friends and fam on it and to compare it to acid is ridiculous. coke is a pussy drug any coward will love, taking lsd requires a oneness with yourself and 100 percent honesty with your own ego

lol when i read the first part of your post i spit red wine all over my computer screen..

I learned a long time ago never to have anything in my mouth while reading bluelight.