• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Lagger / Splatt

^Thanks Kel, I was extremely close to splatt, and both myself and jakeperson were being talked to as he did this to himself by splatt.

We both believed it to be some kind of prank, because of the date... i went to sleep shrugged it off thinking, oh he'll be ok - it's splatt.. we've survived far worse than he's making out...

Sorry I can't stay quiet when I hear this shit. FUCK THAT SENTIMENT!

When people start thinking death would be a 'trip and a half' or 'all the doors are open', it may ease the pain for many of us who are left a little bit but it doesn't excuse the way it lessens the gravity of such an act. In a way this kind of perspective on suicide encourages it. There are a lot of people grieving over this and it hurts but I sure as hell don't want to loose anyone else especially this way!

If anyone is even considering such a thing please, please talk to someone face to face before you do something that'll hurt everyone you know just as much as it will hurt you. If you feel like the world and your friends would have an easier time without you, you are wrong. The world needs you.

Do I need to make myself clearer than this?

^ Dude chill. They're saying it retrospectively to help deal with it. It's like people saying "he's gone to a better place", it doesn't mean they think it would be a great idea for anyone to go kill themselves. You sound like one of those people who is against euthanasia because they think it means anyone feeling down will be able to get a doctor to off them. Everyone here knows how damaging suicide is to those around us. Nobody here is encouraging it.

If you want to preach to people contemplating suicide, head over to the dark side. Maybe you could help some people.

can someone of authority please change the title of this thread to RIP Splatt? the alias moniker as a tribute is impersonal and offensive to all that loved and cherished him.

rest in peace beautiful soul. may you find what it was you were searching for.

happy journeys ;)

<3 <3

...kytnism...:|

^ Jakeperson made the thread, it's up to him to change it. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here.

This is the first time I've posted on bluelight in almost 10 years but I thought id share something given how important he was to many here.

Mat was my oldest friend, having known him since we were 5 years old. I was with him for most of his journey through life and drugs and it was an extremely hard but rewarding friendship. He took risks and chased experiences few would dare and had more lives than most cats and he was trouble maker but he also did the right thing by those he cared about.

He was someone who wanted to teach what he knew and having been through more facets of drug experience, abuse and recovery than most people could endure so this he tried to turn into knowledge and give purpose. In the 23 years I knew him he never did wrong by me and was the most caring friend anyone could expect to have.

Last edited:
again a solid cheer for the resting soul of my beloved mate, only 6yrs we were friends, and in that six years what you have taught me, I could write a book on - the things we've done, the thing's we've accomplished - the syndicate we ran from our bedrooms - the admission of any guilt you faced would have made no better, you weren't ever at harm from the cops, or anyone for that matter.

It's sad that i spoke to you in the last few minutes, and there was nothing I could do.

Forever with my love,

Zaineaol!

P.S - i don't care if publicizing my banned moniker gets me banned... the world deserves to know - Splatt and Zaineaol were friends til the end, partners betrothed in a circle of bullshit that took so long to overcome, and unfortunately got the better of one of us - in your memory my friend, i will live, succeed - and be the man i should have always been, in respect of the person you were.

can someone of authority please change the title of this thread to RIP Splatt? the alias moniker as a tribute is impersonal and offensive to all that loved and cherished him.

rest in peace beautiful soul. may you find what it was you were searching for.

happy journeys ;)

<3 <3

...kytnism...:|

Done.

It's sad to think he is really gone, I remember reading his posts all those years ago and thinking what an interesting and knowledgable character he seemed to be. I was proven right years later when I was afforded the oppurtunity to chat with him on occassion, he would always manage to make me laugh with his crazy stories and opinions.

He was definately one of the most knowledgable and unquestionably one of the most experienced bluelighters and his passing is a real tradgedy and a loss to the Bluelight community. RIP buddy, I wish I had spent more time getting to know you while you were here...

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
— Hunter S. Thompson

Who here had bulbs with him?
He used to crack some many directly into his mouth and hold them in, like a box of them. I would be like use a balloon man and recycle.

He certainly was unique i mean who puts GBL directly into there mouth? Just recently after leaving him he went out having bulbs at 7am throwing the empties at cars, what a menace.
Its crazy that he did preach harm reduction when he was so loose with it himself. He once snorted like half a gram of caffeine at my house just to see what happens.

Splatt could push the boundries of all that is safe and reasonable as he didn't care about the side effects. You can be pretty reckless when you dont care if you live or die.

Last edited:
Ah the good doctor knows the score.
Man he even had a bird like Hunter S had, he would treat it just the same.

Tuna and turtles :( <3

Wish I had taken the time to talk to him more on MSN. Only just days ago he was online, sad news indeed.

RIP.

I was there when he first had a bulb.

If anyone has recent pics of Mat could you pm me. Not including horizontal on the couch after a 3ml charge pics.

Forever with my love,

Zaineaol!

P.S - i don't care if publicizing my banned moniker gets me banned... the world deserves to know - Splatt and Zaineaol were friends til the end, partners betrothed in a circle of bullshit that took so long to overcome, and unfortunately got the better of one of us - in your memory my friend, i will live, succeed - and be the man i should have always been, in respect of the person you were.

I wondered who you were..... :)

Now I recognise your posts even more.
With your behaviour on your more recent moniker, I see no reason why you should be banned.

In time you will heal, I hope you're doing ok.

Cheers

Rest in Peace, Lagger. I always found your posts interesting. I never realised how much darkness was under the surface :(

Is this the guy who had Grug as his avatar?

(This was like 3-4 years ago now)

^^^

Yep, Zoologist.

RIP Mate, I will miss out our weekly/fortnightly random chats in all strange hours of the day for the last several years.

I will always remember the times we hanged out when I was living in Brisbane. They were good old days mate.

Take Care Champ.