• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Lagger / Splatt

Thank you psynapsurfa. The repercussions of this are bigger than I could have imagined. It's the first time I've been this close to something like this.

What this does to people is so extreme in a way it makes me more upset for those closest to them. Part of me gets a little angry now that he did this, that I'm never going to get a chance to catch up with him again. Yet in a weird, fucked up and I'll admit totally selfish way, I've been thankful that I've had a chance to reconnect with some mutual friends. Still, anyway of hooking up with old mates is better than this.

The repercussions of this are bigger than I could have imagined. It's the first time I've been this close to something like this.

I can't say I've know splatt, but from what I can tell he was an amazing guy. Seeing posts and threads like these can be so disheartening, and you're right: the effects of a suicide are so vast. every person who's ever been around them feels the blastwave of sorrow and sadness, and it takes a long time to heal.

i've had loved ones go down this road far too many times, and i'm sure it wont be the last.
but the only thing i can think to do is make those far reaching effects the best they can be. If only let the experience make you realize how precious life is, and how much you really need and love those around you. after my friends have done this the only thing i can do is be with everyone else in the same boat, and make sure as all hell that they know what they mean to me so no one i know will ever have to do that again.
not too sure if that makes much sense, kinda hard to put into words. I guess if i ever did feel like there was no choice but suicide, i wouldn't want everyone left behind to wallow in despair. I'd want them to go out and make sure that everyone they love knows that they have choices, support, and people to count on. Turnin a negative into a positive ya kno? sorry bit ranty, not used to being mushy, this threads' brought up a lot of memories....

country music helps too:
be a best friend, tell the truth
and overuse i love you
go to work, do your best
dont outsmart your common sense
never let your prayin' knees get lazy
and love like crazy

RIP splatt, you've clearly left an impression on those who knew you that will not fade, and for that your must've been a truly awesome bloke. may the pastures only get greener...

I hope that, in death, his soul finds serenity and that his family and friends are able to make peace with such a sad situation.

<3

I wish I'd made it. I was originally meant to be working today but ended up being too sick anyway. plus don't have a car. Really want to hear from those who went though, hope it was a good send off for him. :)

Seconded.

I feel like this thread should be moved into the Bluelight shrine in due course.

^ Will do, it was decided it would be best to leave it here for a couple of weeks first though as this was where he was most active and best known.

Seems like the every few and far time I log on, another person has left us.

RIP Splatt

RIP Splatt - the closest I got to you was sharing some space on some threads. I know you pissed off the mods on occasion but you always seemed pretty straight-up to me. May your memory live on strong in the hearts and minds of all your family and friends.

RIP splatt,

always sad to see another bluelighter go down :(

heart goes out friends and family