• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Lagger / Splatt

has anyone been able to find a link to an online obituary or anything similar by any chance?

Can't wait to party with you in whatever after life. You'll have the hookups by the time I get there brother.

He probably has it all going on already. ;)

If anyone travelling to the memorial needs a place to stay the night or anything and can get to Brisbane, hit me up.

U not gonna drive down for it?? spmeone with a car would be of great appreciation/

I'm not sure of the obituary, but i've spoken in depth with his mother.

Have known splatt for about 8 years now and saw him only about a month ago. This is a tough time, I certainly dont have to express how im feeling, as you all are feeling the same.
If anyone needs a lift on Monday I will be coming down from the Gold Coast.
Miss you mate. Proud to of shared my life with yours.

I enjoyed letting splatt run a muck on his monikers, he was definetly a fun guy.

My thoughts go out to all his dearest friends and family, espically you ibis. I only spoke IRL with splatt a few ocassions and met him only twice, but he was nice, careing, just confused.

It is very sad. *tear*

Let us hope something good can come from this, anything.

RIP Splatt, I will miss our late evening msn rantings, and in general miss someone like minded to talk to.

Peace out
<3 Sykik

^i'm with you 100% mate.

I'm not angry at him, i just wish there was something we could have done bro... fuck fuck fuck, i knew his address, i might have been able to get emergency services there. had i not known his tolerance to shit...

I've attempted, failed... and seen what it can cause a family and a brotherhood of friends. So sad - We'll party in the after-life, and we'll party for you.
<3 much love, Zain. your pal for life, and death.

There wasn't anything anyone could do for his health issues.

U not gonna drive down for it?? spmeone with a car would be of great appreciation/

I might try and drive, I'll have to see if I can borrow the car though as I don't have one. :\

If anyone could post up an obit that would be nice. :)

I still cant get my mind over this , that somoene who so clearly had all of us at disposal would feel the need to do such a thing.

Im really gonna miss him , his enlightning chats on msn have opened my eyes.

Oh fuck just read this.. what a shock. RIP Splatt and my thoughts are with all those that were close to him

i never spoke with him but i definantly knew the name, i remember looking through his posts/threads years ago. seemed like a rad guy... always had something interesting to say. i feel for his family and everyone who was close with him. its never easy, stay strong...

RIP Splatt

If any good comes of this, let it be this....no one knows what is anybody's minds at any time. I have had people close to me wanting to end it, one, had her reasons so well thought out that when explained to me, I was almost convinced that it was not exactly a good thing, but not a bad thing either. The thing that was missing was the impact that it would have on others.

Now for the person who decides to end it, thats not really important.
At least on the surface. I am sure Splatt would be overwhelmed with the outpouring that he would read on here, and maybe not have realised that if he had of known that such a vast group of people were to be affected, he may have rethought his actions.

I was going through my inbox a few days ago, and to my surprise, about 80% of my messages were to and from him either as Splatt or Lagger, from when I was going through some problems in 2007, and then as a follow up to a more recent post just weeks ago, when he was quite plainly asking for help and of his intentions. Sadly i didnt recognise that they were the same people.

So, I suppose i am trying to say, ....theres always a better option, and I just hope that if any good comes from this tragedy, is the realisation of this.

RIP Matt, and thanks for the advice you gave me when I was not in a good place.

If any good comes of this, let it be this....no one knows what is anybody's minds at any time. I have had people close to me wanting to end it, one, had her reasons so well thought out that when explained to me, I was almost convinced that it was not exactly a good thing, but not a bad thing either. The thing that was missing was the impact that it would have on others.

Now for the person who decides to end it, thats not really important.
At least on the surface. I am sure Splatt would be overwhelmed with the outpouring that he would read on here, and maybe not have realised that if he had of known that such a vast group of people were to be affected, he may have rethought his actions.

I was going through my inbox a few days ago, and to my surprise, about 80% of my messages were to and from him either as Splatt or Lagger, from when I was going through some problems in 2007, and then as a follow up to a more recent post just weeks ago, when he was quite plainly asking for help and of his intentions. Sadly i didnt recognise that they were the same people.

So, I suppose i am trying to say, ....theres always a better option, and I just hope that if any good comes from this tragedy, is the realisation of this.

RIP Matt, and thanks for the advice you gave me when I was not in a good place.

Trying to convince someone to live because you and others will miss them doesn't work. trust me

Trying to convince someone to live because you and others will miss them doesn't work. trust me

I disagree. Having being right on that edge a few times, the only thing that has ever been able to stop me is knowing how bad things would turn out to those closest to me, that or some drug.

I disagree. Having being right on that edge a few times, the only thing that has ever been able to stop me is knowing how bad things would turn out to those closest to me, that or some drug.

I've never been that on the edge but I've been the shoulder for some friends who have been. And like you Seith the one thing that kept them going was knowing that leaving their friends would hurt them forever.

I know it's cliche but love is a powerful thing, and love of friends and not wishing them pain is sometimes the one thing they can cling on to. Ultimately someone who has their mind up will go through with it, we can only support the ones around us. Not force them to do anything, it's ironically the same way alot of people view drug use. We advise and try to help people not to make descisions but at the end of the day, people make up their own mind.

^ Above two posts are completely right. Seeing what suicide has done to my friend's family last year... it breaks my heart.

after the suicide of his only son, richard ,aged 44, my grandfather never recovered... 5 years later he died of a broken heart. that is the only way i can say it, he died of a broken heart...
he just never recovered emotionally, or psychologically, and his body just slowly shut down... it was almost like he willed himself to death.. he could not suicide, as that would have destroyed his wife and other kids, so i think he willed himself to an early grave... at the time of richies death, pop ewas fit and strong and active. still played 18 holes off a tiny handicap, twice a week... still drove the tractor on his farm outta town.. still looked after the garden in the town home, still active in various groups, motoring, rotary etc... still travelled the world, and played the stock market... in other words was still zesty and full of life...

but.

that dreadfull day when richie jumped, was the end of all of that.. i would visit my grandparents and stay for a week or more at a time, to be there, help out, and try to bring a new energy to the place.. try to get pop out of bed, and get him to take me for a drive in his beloved lexus saloon car. or just sit and have a beer and watch the sunday footy, be it nrl or afl. sometimes i would detect a lightening of his aura, but in general, he was gone... his mind was faultering, and his soul was shrinking... his heart was broken.

my mother, she was close to her brother, even if they lived 1000kms apart and only saw each other once a year, they were close. in the few years before he jumped he had came and stayed with mum a few times, for a break and to try to get his head together... richie was very high up in the taxation dept in canberra... only 4 rungs from the top he used to say, and , as there were like hundreds of rungs, that was something... he was a high paid executive..
but money and status could not stand up to the onslaught of depression.

anyway, my mother, i dont think she ever recovered either... she was always a tippler... but it was just a tipple... after his jump, it become a waterfall, not a tipple, or a trickle... no, she was soaked thru... depression, menopause, and alcohol are not a good mix...
mum had a hi-paid executive position within the social services... and slowly she unravelled... she was able to hide it for a long time, the drinking at work and the long lunches, the hangovers, and the general decay of her standard of work... but eventually her peers could not lie to themselves about her condition any more, and basically could not , thru sympathy, or just kindness, continue to take her weight.. so, after 25 years of a wonderfull career, she was sacked.
she has yet to find herself another position... well, to start with, she needed to dry out, and that took another 3-4 years of abuse... and even right now, as clean as she say she is, having completed a few re-habs, i am still mighty suspicious of her... her fall from grace was such, that she lost all of my trust, and in the end i could not feel sympathy, or even be in the same room as her... my children have never stayed at grans, because i would not trust her with them..

now, i am not saying that my uncles suicide was the only reason that these two things occured..ie, my grandfathers death, and my mothers fall from grace... the suicide cannot be held solely responsible... for at any stage, pop, and mum, could have listened to the psychologist and counsellors, at any stage they could have attempted to pull themselves out... but, thier grieving, their sense of loss, and helplessnes, the guilt they carried for not being able to help, the guilt was huge, be it correct or not, they still felt it, they blamed themselves for not doing enough, all these things were so huge that they could not deal with it...

so, anyway... this was just some anecdotes from my families experience with the suicide of A family member...

the suicide efeects far more than the person whom commits the act... its repercussions can be far reaching and very savage.

so, i feel for splatts family and friends, and wish them a recovery that helps them come to terms with what has transpired, and a recovery that also brings them closer to uderstanding why this thing happened... so in some way they can unify with the man himself...

^ wow thanks for sharing psynapsurfa, sorry to hear about your uncle :( <3