• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin to get off kratom, as I am finding it impossible and trying.

I tell you mate if not for bluelight and hearing how tapering the way to go with pregabs i would be dead from another high dose cold turkey pregab wd .TWice i have attempted suicide first time it was day four of a high dose pregab wd i was saved because i faced away from the door the belt slipped out the top[ of door . Second time was the fear and just sick and tired of another high dose pregab wd i had sent my wife out to tesco to get b lueberrys for blueberry pancake she thought i hate pancakes for breakfast she back and revived me . I was just sick and tired of adding another worse drug to my heroin habit . I would much rather a heroin or poppy pod wd all day long but i love pregabalin buzz and it just a miracle for heroin wd its so easy reach for
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Man up and just quit. Get some dlpa for the w/d. It basically gets rid of all of the physical shit.

I tell you mate if not for bluelight and hearing how tapering the way to go with pregabs i would be dead from another high dose cold turkey pregab wd .TWice i have attempted suicide first time it was day four of a high dose pregab wd i was saved because i faced away from the door the belt slipped out the top[ of door . Second time was the fear and just sick and tired of another high dose pregab wd i had sent my wife out to tesco to get b lueberrys for blueberry pancake she thought i hate pancakes for breakfast she back and revived me . I was just sick and tired of adding another worse drug to my heroin habit . I would much rather a heroin or poppy pod wd all day long but i love pregabalin buzz and it just a miracle for heroin wd its so easy reach for
i know this post is old, but glad you made it through. always remember that theres alot of us that are the same brother we are just spread out all over this planet. but you got family man.... reading that got me emotional, genuinely got love for you brother even though i dont know you, theres alot of us broken people eh

i know this post is old, but glad you made it through. always remember that theres alot of us that are the same brother we are just spread out all over this planet. but you got family man.... reading that got me emotional, genuinely got love for you brother even though i dont know you, theres alot of us broken people eh
Thank you my brother same as you i feel so much love for people on here we share addiction all that goes with it most people look down on us because they think just stop but it not that simple. This site i tell my non addict friends come on here you see we not just junkies we have love for we dont know want them help them through rough times.

I just in bed reading your message made me really happy thank you

Last edited:
Man up and just quit. Get some dlpa for the w/d. It basically gets rid of all of the physical shit.
With all due respect, it's not a case of manning up, as some people find kratom harder to quit, with all the alkaloids. I've known loads who had to taper really slow. I decided against getting pregabalin now though.

With all due respect, it's not a case of manning up, as some people find kratom harder to quit, with all the alkaloids. I've known loads who had to taper really slow. I decided against getting pregabalin now though.
With Kratom it is that easy. Gotta distract yourself with work, gym, etc. For me it was that I want hormonal equilibrium, and then i do all of those distractions. Still do it once every few weeks and beat myself up over it. Shit ain’t easy, that’s for damn sure. You will find lots of enablers on sites like these ime

With Kratom it is that easy. Gotta distract yourself with work, gym, etc. For me it was that I want hormonal equilibrium, and then i do all of those distractions. Still do it once every few weeks and beat myself up over it. Shit ain’t easy, that’s for damn sure. You will find lots of enablers on sites like these ime
I'm sorry but it's not. Kratom acts on so many more receptors than opiates. I know loads who are really struggling to get off it, others who have not felt normal for months after quitting cold turkey, even ex-opiate users, some of them said it's harder, if abused that is. I am on a sub for people quitting or tapering kratom, it's very supportive.

The hard truth is dropper is spot on, any real addict knows it….you can keep going in circles for decades or just say fuck it and be done and take your licks as a reason to not fall back
I'm not into circles, my taper is an arrow off. I dropped the pregabalin idea, just tapering Kratom, it's proving a bitch to, but I am doing it.

I'm sorry but it's not. Kratom acts on so many more receptors than opiates. I know loads who are really struggling to get off it, others who have not felt normal for months after quitting cold turkey, even ex-opiate users, some of them said it's harder, if abused that is. I am on a sub for people quitting or tapering kratom, it's very supportive.
Do it how ever you need to, but tapering never leads to quitting ime. You get none of the benefits of sobriety from the substance till around two to three days out, being completely off. Can’t stress Dlpa enough, it gets rid of all the sleep rls nonsense.

Do it how ever you need to, but tapering never leads to quitting ime. You get none of the benefits of sobriety from the substance till around two to three days out, being completely off. Can’t stress Dlpa enough, it gets rid of all the sleep rls nonsense.
There is a 2018 study published in the journal Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment that shows it has an 89% relapse rate, so by tapering nearly 60% off my starting kratom dose, I hope to mitigate, at least the chance of relapse and execute relapse prevention measures.

There is a 2018 study published in the journal Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment that shows it has an 89% relapse rate, so by tapering nearly 60% off my starting kratom dose, I hope to mitigate, at least the chance of relapse and execute relapse prevention measures.
Ya that just doesn’t work for me bc you never actually quit. You don’t even get to see the benefits of not using till it’s completely out of your system. For that thirty minutes of pleasure you pay in many ways.

Ya that just doesn’t work for me bc you never actually quit. You don’t even get to see the benefits of not using till it’s completely out of your system. For that thirty minutes of pleasure you pay in many ways.
I'm not looking for a high at this stage, I just want to remain functional. I know loads of cold turkey quitters who are not functional which is ok if you have people who care for you living with you. Why put yourself through a cold turkey quit, they sound awful and I hear of loads of people being miserable for months on end after.

I'm not looking for a high at this stage, I just want to remain functional. I know loads of cold turkey quitters who are not functional which is ok if you have people who care for you living with you. Why put yourself through a cold turkey quit, they sound awful and I hear of loads of people being miserable for months on end after.
It’s truly not that bad, especially with Dlpa and all sorts of other supplements. I do understand all this excuse making though, I’m just here to tell you that nothing is gained till it’s out of your system and off your receptors. You might as well just use a normal dose, if ur gonna use it imo

It’s truly not that bad, especially with Dlpa and all sorts of other supplements. I do understand all this excuse making though, I’m just here to tell you that nothing is gained till it’s out of your system and off your receptors. You might as well just use a normal dose, if ur gonna use it imo
The thing with kratom is, it's different for everyone. There are some people who got loads of supplements which didn't work. I hear good stuff about DLPA, again for some, but not for others. Some help me, magnesium, ashwagandha (I think), and a few others.
No, tapering for sure, cold turkey would just send me over the edge, it affects me mentally and emotionally. My dose shrinks every day. Going in the right direction heading towards zero.

I reckon its the same with everything, everything affects people in different ways. kratom, alcohol, heroin, weed, benzos, cigarettes, sex, junk food whatever our addictions are affect us all differently and we all have different methods of stopping, tapering, cold turkey, swapping it out for another addiction.
whatever works is the best thing to do..... hopefully as said above we are all heading in the right direction. even with countless slip ups and relapses along the way, anything is better than nothing. good luck

I reckon its the same with everything, everything affects people in different ways. kratom, alcohol, heroin, weed, benzos, cigarettes, sex, junk food whatever our addictions are affect us all differently and we all have different methods of stopping, tapering, cold turkey, swapping it out for another addiction.
whatever works is the best thing to do..... hopefully as said above we are all heading in the right direction. even with countless slip ups and relapses along the way, anything is better than nothing. good luck
Yeah, different substances, or addictive behaviours affect people individually, and they deal with them in their own way.
Kratom, though, for me, in a way I can't describe, it's even more so, and if abused, like what I did, can show a really dark side. I mean, I used to take amphetamines a few days on, a few days off, and even they did not kick my arse as hard as kratom has.
I don't know if it's wishful thinking, recent vast increase in exercise, or some different herbs I started taking, but I think I am feeling a little bit better.
I'd say the worst part of the day is waking up, kinda spooky as it's an alteration in consciousness, from dream state to wakefulness. I dread it so much, I can even feel it a short while before I wake.

The thing with kratom is, it's different for everyone. There are some people who got loads of supplements which didn't work. I hear good stuff about DLPA, again for some, but not for others. Some help me, magnesium, ashwagandha (I think), and a few others.
No, tapering for sure, cold turkey would just send me over the edge, it affects me mentally and emotionally. My dose shrinks every day. Going in the right direction heading towards zero.
Just use Kratom and don’t even do the quitting larp. When you’re ready you will jump off, till then I wouldn’t stress it.

Yeah, different substances, or addictive behaviours affect people individually, and they deal with them in their own way.
Kratom, though, for me, in a way I can't describe, it's even more so, and if abused, like what I did, can show a really dark side. I mean, I used to take amphetamines a few days on, a few days off, and even they did not kick my arse as hard as kratom has.
I don't know if it's wishful thinking, recent vast increase in exercise, or some different herbs I started taking, but I think I am feeling a little bit better.
I'd say the worst part of the day is waking up, kinda spooky as it's an alteration in consciousness, from dream state to wakefulness. I dread it so much, I can even feel it a short while before I wake.
yea I can understand that, I know what you mean about spooky morning feel. impending doom hahaha
well whatever your doing keep it up if your feeling better. like you said above being functional is important. Im sure we all put on that mask and play that game of tricking everyone else that we feel ok or that were not high or whatever it is, but i would imagine even the most sober people whove never touched nothing in their life still have to play that game.... "controlled folly"
wish you all the best in your journey though keep us posted