• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Pregabalin to get off kratom, as I am finding it impossible and trying.

3dmusic

Bluelighter
Sorry in advance for the long post, I just wanted to get all relevant stuff in. I would like to speak to others who are familiar with pregabalin, possibly those who have had more than one addiction to it, would help me benefit from your experience.

Hello, I used kratom to get off opiates, after foolishly choosing them as an option to deal with the pain of a breakup as I did not know, at that time, I was actually capable of NOT using weed everyday, I assumed I would end up a daily stoner like before.

The kratom got me through the acute withdrawal stage of the opiates, but my mood was so low, I might have just stayed in bed all Summer, brooding over the why’s and ?’s of the breakup, so, I was not prepared to spend a summer not functioning. I am on the autistic spectrum but I don’t want people to think I am using it as an excuse. Diagnosed in 2020.

My tolerance to the kratom climbed, but over 40 grams a day (I know a lot, but there’s people who take far more) and Kratom did something bad to me mentally, so before my proper taper, I did an initial 10g cut, which helped, and then in January I started to cut 1% per day to “slide off”

This proved too much, so I moved to 0.1g cuts per day, and even this was too much.

Then, there was a threatened disruption to supply, when I had tapered down to 20grams a day, less than half of my dose.

I know a golden rule in kratom tapers is to use the same batch, but the threat of supply of that batch was actualised, and I was forced to go onto what I thought was a lower quality batch from a different country.

Rather than assume I needed 20g, I just dosed little by little through the day of the new batch and, puzzlingly, have found that 19 grams a day has sufficed for the last few days, in fact, I have slightly stabilised.

0.1g daily cuts were hard, there was no way I would have been capable of dropping a gram at once, yet I did 72 hours ago, on poorer quality kratom.

Some people do really slow tapers as they cannot manage faster ones.

I know many will see kratom as trivial compared to heroin or other opiates, and, while some people got through their quits and tapers, but there are, many like me, who simply found it too hard to taper, many cold turkey quitters who relapsed, and many who kratom turned on.

Some went onto suboxone/naltrexone etc as a last resort to get off it.

It has so many alkaloids, the effects vary, and it feels so up and down for me, I just do not know how I am going to get off it.

This is where pregabalin comes in, and I am weighing up the pro’s and con’s of f*cking kratom off and going onto pregabalin to get me through the acutes and the PAWS, as many kratom quitters got PAWS and it may have even made some of them relapse. I had opiate PAWS when I quit them, they were horrible.

I did have a habit of 600mg pregabalin and quit. Cold turkey was a disaster, so I devised a taper plan that was painless, I used liquid titration. To save this post being long, if anyone wants to know a painless way of getting off pregabalin, pm me, and I will be more than happy to send you the details.
I know that tolerance builds rapidly for pregalin, being familiar with it.
I am not interested in getting high.
My goal is to get through the acute stage, and, also the aftermath, where I was not functioning mentally, as in too depressed to go out. the PAWS and then I will start to taper pregabin in the way I did before as it was painless.
I do not want to get high on pregabalin, and I do not want to go straight onto 600mg pregabalin, I just thought I would take as little as possible to mask the withdrawals and to keep me mentally functional enough to interact with people and do my day to day stuff, no more.
I am concerned that the tolerance will mean I need more and more, but that could just be me being paranoid. If I found an optimum dose to keep me mentally functional enough to interact with people and do my day to day stuff, would that be enough for several months, before I taper that, or would the depression and anxiety start poking through the dose I chose to make me feel just ok?
I have some questions please?

At the time, I tapered pregabalin I was on 75mg valium, but I heard several times that benzos do not help pregabalin withdrawal, is this true?

This makes me think that, rather than carrying on struggling with kratom, why not go onto pregabalin and do another painless taper?

While the first pregabalin taper was painless due to daily tiny cuts, would the second one be harder, even if I stuck to the same regime?

Going back to the kratom, how come I needed 20g of the good quality stuff, and had gas, bad anxiety and depression, yet, on the supposedly lower quality stuff, I only need 19 grams a day, and I have no gas, my mental state has stabilised a bit? How come?

Thanks for answering my questions. I hope to learn from this discussion and to help by pm'ing my painless pregab taper plan if needed by anyone.

Pregabalin works miracles with heroin and takes away anxiety should work for kratom at least take anxiety away let you sleeop
Yeah, I heard it worked miracles for heroin.
I am just weighting up the pros and cons of swapping kratom for pregabalin, and was hoping someone will come along and help with the questions.

I used Neurontin/Gabapentin for fentanyl withdrawals & got on kratom. I’ve taken lyrica a handful of times but do know it’s a little more effective - i’m sure it would do wonders for you mate! Honestly i’d just make the jump - it won’t be that bad with the lyrica, maybe some mental hurdles but if you want off of it, i have faith you can do it! :)

might add today is my first day not taking kratom since getting clean and my anxiety has been sky high.

I used Neurontin/Gabapentin for fentanyl withdrawals & got on kratom. I’ve taken lyrica a handful of times but do know it’s a little more effective - i’m sure it would do wonders for you mate! Honestly i’d just make the jump - it won’t be that bad with the lyrica, maybe some mental hurdles but if you want off of it, i have faith you can do it! :)

might add today is my first day not taking kratom since getting clean and my anxiety has been sky high.
Hi, I am not prescribed it, so I would have to buy it myself.
I would feel more confident making the jump with the pregabalin.
Sorry your anxiety is sky high, mine is first thing on waking, not the best way to greet a new day, so I dose kratom immediately on waking.
I couldn't imagine going longer with that morning anxiety as the thoughts that come through my mind feel real, as they are related to real tangible serious non drug problems.
Congratulations and you might like to head over to the subreddit, r/quittingkratom as that place has been a godsend for support with me doing the first half of my taper.
I'm just worried the pregabalin will stop working at the dose I use to do the cluck, because of tolerance, and I don't want to go back upto 600mgs a day if I can help it.

Hi, I am not prescribed it, so I would have to buy it myself.
I would feel more confident making the jump with the pregabalin.
Sorry your anxiety is sky high, mine is first thing on waking, not the best way to greet a new day, so I dose kratom immediately on waking.
I couldn't imagine going longer with that morning anxiety as the thoughts that come through my mind feel real, as they are related to real tangible serious non drug problems.
Congratulations and you might like to head over to the subreddit, r/quittingkratom as that place has been a godsend for support with me doing the first half of my taper.
I'm just worried the pregabalin will stop working at the dose I use to do the cluck, because of tolerance, and I don't want to go back upto 600mgs a day if I can help it.
same thing man, mine has been on sale as well. i’ve taken maybe 3 30m naps today and each time i’ve woken in sheer panic lmao

also when you can, and if - try to get some sunlight & a little exercise. try to get those natural endorphins going ❤️
While that is good advice, I was swimming 3 x a week, and stopped in March through depression, the reason I started going.
I don't know if the kratom increased my depression and hence, no swimming, or, worse, the kratom has convinced me I just became aware of more aspects of my personal shitty circumstances not relating to drugs, or even worse, my awareness of my shitty circumstances has increased and kratom is not to blame.

same thing man, mine has been on sale as well. i’ve taken maybe 3 30m naps today and each time i’ve woken in sheer panic lmao
Naps, I can't do those, I would rather hold my eyes open with matchsticks in the afternoon than nap, as they feel toxic.
I'd love to be able to nap again, I am jealous of a mate who has an afternoon nap and feels better for it.

Yeah, I heard it worked miracles for heroin.
I am just weighting up the pros and cons of swapping kratom for pregabalin, and was hoping someone will come along and help with the questions.
Be very care full 7 to 10 days max i swapped addictions and a pregabalin rattle is worse then heroin a week i say taper down from day 4 . A cold turkey pregan wd is not the way to do it i would at first few wds on it cut down slowly jump at 100 mg at least few days of valium and it is easier

yeah these can get sorta tricky especially since tolerance builds so fast, then you take more and more, and by the time it’s day 7 you’re taking a huge amount of either gabapentin or lyrica & then when you jump off it’s pure hell. i remember once i personally was taking like, easily over 4-5000mg a day of gabapentin and slowly going up until day 8 or 9 and that day that followed when i ran out was hell.
Be very care full 7 to 10 days max i swapped addictions and a pregabalin rattle is worse then heroin a week i say taper down from day 4 . A cold turkey pregan wd is not the way to do it i would at first few wds on it cut down slowly jump at 100 mg at least few days of valium and it is easier

yeah these can get sorta tricky especially since tolerance builds so fast, then you take more and more, and by the time it’s day 7 you’re taking a huge amount of either gabapentin or lyrica & then when you jump off it’s pure hell. i remember once i personally was taking like, easily over 4-5000mg a day of gabapentin and slowly going up until day 8 or 9 and that day that followed when i ran out was hell.
At my heighest ever dose on pregabalin i was taking 60 300 mg a day nearly killed me kidneys started to fail stomach extended and could feel water gushing in my lungs . Higerst ppregabaliunn dose i cold turkey was about 25 300 mg and that was hell . Only on high dose cold turkey pregabs wd have i come close to suicide after that i always did slow months long tapers then its a lot easier i cannot believe how fast tolerance builds on these pills people often say to me how was you doing 60 300n mg a day but after a year they were still not giving me a buzz a year earlier 300 mg had and that was all day out my headf

mate i’ve heard from so many people that withdrawing from those GABAergic drugs can cause the worst suicidal thoughts in withdrawal and that specific side effect during the withdrawal is sometimes the worst, considering the anxiety & depression + physical illness
At my heighest ever dose on pregabalin i was taking 60 300 mg a day nearly killed me kidneys started to fail stomach extended and could feel water gushing in my lungs . Higerst ppregabaliunn dose i cold turkey was about 25 300 mg and that was hell . Only on high dose cold turkey pregabs wd have i come close to suicide after that i always did slow months long tapers then its a lot easier i cannot believe how fast tolerance builds on these pills people often say to me how was you doing 60 300n mg a day but after a year they were still not giving me a buzz a year earlier 300 mg had and that was all day out my head

Thanks. I would not cold turkey it, that is if I can get it. I had a habit with pregabalin before and I devised a taper plan to get off it, dosing 4 times a day with it dissolved in water and taking a little bit out with a marked syringe. It was painless.

Thanks. I would not cold turkey it, that is if I can get it. I had a habit with pregabalin before and I devised a taper plan to get off it, dosing 4 times a day with it dissolved in water and taking a little bit out with a marked syringe. It was painless.
You're correct taper is the way to go

mate i’ve heard from so many people that withdrawing from those GABAergic drugs can cause the worst suicidal thoughts in withdrawal and that specific side effect during the withdrawal is sometimes the worst, considering the anxiety & depression + physical illness
I tell you mate if not for bluelight and hearing how tapering the way to go with pregabs i would be dead from another high dose cold turkey pregab wd .TWice i have attempted suicide first time it was day four of a high dose pregab wd i was saved because i faced away from the door the belt slipped out the top[ of door . Second time was the fear and just sick and tired of another high dose pregab wd i had sent my wife out to tesco to get b lueberrys for blueberry pancake she thought i hate pancakes for breakfast she back and revived me . I was just sick and tired of adding another worse drug to my heroin habit . I would much rather a heroin or poppy pod wd all day long but i love pregabalin buzz and it just a miracle for heroin wd its so easy reach for

At my heighest ever dose on pregabalin i was taking 60 300 mg a day nearly killed me kidneys started to fail stomach extended and could feel water gushing in my lungs . Higerst ppregabaliunn dose i cold turkey was about 25 300 mg and that was hell.
Wow those are some serious amounts. Surprised something like kidneys were not affected. I imagine lots of water is needed.

I have never been addicted to gabapentin. So I can say if I am in kratom withdrawal it seems gabapentin at 1800 mgs totally erases it. But not sure how well it works if a person is already taking it daily. I hear it does still help.

Anyway good luck OP. I am tapering too. It has been too long and when I drop in amounts I always feel better.

I tell you mate if not for bluelight and hearing how tapering the way to go with pregabs i would be dead from another high dose cold turkey pregab wd .TWice i have attempted suicide first time it was day four of a high dose pregab wd i was saved because i faced away from the door the belt slipped out the top[ of door . Second time was the fear and just sick and tired of another high dose pregab wd i had sent my wife out to tesco to get b lueberrys for blueberry pancake she thought i hate pancakes for breakfast she back and revived me . I was just sick and tired of adding another worse drug to my heroin habit . I would much rather a heroin or poppy pod wd all day long but i love pregabalin buzz and it just a miracle for heroin wd its so easy reach for
oh my days, holy shit that sounds like a hell of a ride to go through. glad you’re still here with us man ❤️🥺

Wow those are some serious amounts. Surprised something like kidneys were not affected. I imagine lots of water is needed.

I have never been addicted to gabapentin. So I can say if I am in kratom withdrawal it seems gabapentin at 1800 mgs totally erases it. But not sure how well it works if a person is already taking it daily. I hear it does still help.

Anyway good luck OP. I am tapering too. It has been too long and when I drop in amounts I always feel better.
My kidneys were gone my stomach looked pregnant i been boxing since 6 gyms for years and even though worse of drugs 32 years i still never gained weight but my body not getting rid of water creatine levels through the roof i thought i might be on dialasyis .. My piss had a bigger head then beer i8n continental Europe.
If you never been addicted gabapentin and pre4gabalin totally erase i know for sure opium wd so got to be kratom aswell . Be very careful for me a nd lot of people gaba and pregabalin are very euphoric so be careful week to 10 days max including a quick taper in trhat

oh my days, holy shit that sounds like a hell of a ride to go through. glad you’re still here with us man ❤️🥺
Thank you very much it was hell but i owe this forum my life if i believed in a god i would say he directed me to this site