• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed Tea. ... I can't feel any effects using seeds, any simple advise please

All the seeds I have are the left overs from 30-40lbs of pods, so definitely unwashed 👍

For whatever reason the seeds I have gotten from pods have not been any good. I think for the seeds to be potent, they have to come from pods that were scored to release opium, and it causes the seeds inside to also get covered in opium. It seems like the unscored pods maybe don't release opium, and instead it stays in the walls of the pod? I'm not sure but I have pod seeds too and was excited to finally get some good seeds again. But they're not sticky, they don't smell right, and when I made tea from them it didn't do jack shit. Even though the pods definitely did.

For whatever reason the seeds I have gotten from pods have not been any good. I think for the seeds to be potent, they have to come from pods that were scored to release opium, and it causes the seeds inside to also get covered in opium. It seems like the unscored pods maybe don't release opium, and instead it stays in the walls of the pod? I'm not sure but I have pod seeds too and was excited to finally get some good seeds again. But they're not sticky, they don't smell right, and when I made tea from them it didn't do jack shit. Even though the pods definitely did.
Once -two times have tried poppysead tea-not work at all.Seeds buying at local store.Country of origin Turkey.Others somewhere from EU.May be they were washed.Well poppy pods that another story

That's correct. The inner pod wall has to get damaged for the opium to coat the seeds. This usually occurs when the pods are scored too deeply during opium harvest. Therefore, if the poppies haven't been grown specifically for opium production, the seeds are unlikely to be very potent.

That's correct. The inner pod wall has to get damaged for the opium to coat the seeds. This usually occurs when the pods are scored too deeply during opium harvest. Therefore, if the poppies haven't been grown specifically for opium production, the seeds are unlikely to be very potent.

Did not know that, makes alot of sense.

I have like 20 pounds of seeds taken from pods and they suck ass for tea purposes.

Ahhh ok, I was told that English grown pods are usually very good because the amount of rain helps get some of the outer pod permeate the seeds? Not sure if thats correct, I'll have to guinea pig it.

If the pods have been scored would that be visible on dried pod?

I haven't tried the seeds yet, hard to bother when I have so much pods left. I will try it though, unfortunately it's medication pick up day and not had anything but pods since the weekend.

Ahhh ok, I was told that English grown pods are usually very good because the amount of rain helps get some of the outer pod permeate the seeds? Not sure if thats correct, I'll have to guinea pig it.

If the pods have been scored would that be visible on dried pod?

I haven't tried the seeds yet, hard to bother when I have so much pods left. I will try it though, unfortunately it's medication pick up day and not had anything but pods since the weekend.
Lastfour- five years,because of the rain at the worst time during the flowering period here the most of example are all with much lower alcaloid content.Impact of global changing in the weather.

There in dried regions when they relly on irigation(central Asia) i guess everything normal

Yes. It would be very obvious in the form of dark lines...
Ok, horizontal or vertical? I'll add some pics soon, find some of the most obvious dark line ones. Seen someone has put a link down on how to add pics, hopefully I can follow it and find some good examples.

Cheers 👍

Ok, horizontal or vertical? I'll add some pics soon, find some of the most obvious dark line ones. Seen someone has put a link down on how to add pics, hopefully I can follow it and find some good examples.

Cheers 👍

Could be either. Some producers score vertically, some score horizontally. Either way, the lines are basically the dried opium latex around the wound.

Yes. It would be very obvious in the form of dark lines...

Cheers 👍

Cheers 👍
Ok thanks, I've noticed that on most of them, especially the darker ones that there is lots of speckled and from appearance like there has been sticky residue on the outside, not sticky now or possibly very small amount.

I'm guessing that sounds promising?

Cheers my friend

Could be either. Some producers score vertically, some score horizontally. Either way, the lines are basically the dried opium latex around the wound.

Ok thanks, I've noticed that on most of them, especially the darker ones that there is lots of speckled and from appearance like there has been sticky residue on the outside, not sticky now or possibly very small amount.

I'm guessing that sounds promising?

Cheers my friend

Possibly, but poppy pods are also very susceptible to mould which can form spots very similar to opium residues.

Try and post some images so we can help you further.

Which is ur fav and why
It depends on your purposes. If you feel like it will take you some months to years to straighten out your life to the point where you can try being completely opioid free then methadone is your choice. However if you think you can beat this and want to do it quickly then Suboxone is the way to go in under three weeks. The kind of dependency that buprenorphine produces on its own is compounded by adding naloxone. Therefore I don't like it as a long-term lifestyle choice. Having said that I have not used it like I used to be on the methadone clinic for over a decade. There are better people than me to vouch for it. I only wonder how many people there are to say been there done that?

It depends on your purposes. If you feel like it will take you some months to years to straighten out your life to the point where you can try being completely opioid free then methadone is your choice. However if you think you can beat this and want to do it quickly then Suboxone is the way to go in under three weeks. The kind of dependency that buprenorphine produces on its own is compounded by adding naloxone. Therefore I don't like it as a long-term lifestyle choice. Having said that I have not used it like I used to be on the methadone clinic for over a decade. There are better people than me to vouch for it. I only wonder how many people there are to say been there done that?
Never had methadone, so can't answer. Subutex was nice but only had 3 or 4 times, bought in prison (2004), I do know that whoever was on it for 3-4 weeks was pretty wealthy at the end!!!!! Long time ago but think it was 8mg and if they could sneak it out and sell it cost £10 ($13.50) for 0.1 grams!!!! Obviously they were having some but snorted 0.1g got you high and vomiting. So they could make up to over $3500!!

After 45 days on pods in a row, I'm on my 2nd day off, pretty pleased with that, especially as still got 22lbs to break up and 750g (literally within reaching distance ) already in pod powder. Going to try have at least 5 days off to see if helps reset my tolerance a bit. Obviously taking more oramorph than I was (80-100mg) back to (140-160), plus got 88 Cyclizine left, which combined with Morphine is my favourite mixture.

Had my 1st PPT break, since I started think 50 days ago. Decided to not have any for 4 days, slowly drinking just a 20g one mixed with Ruby and white pure grapefruit and I can feel it again 🙂