• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed Tea. ... I can't feel any effects using seeds, any simple advise please

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Not sure why but I can't get any effects from poppy seeds, any suggestions. Tried twice using 250g (approx ½lb) of seeds. Put in bottle with warm water, covering few inches above top of seeds. Shook bottle for 10 minutes, tried to drain, very messy and awkward. Repeated, drank. Liquid came out bit cloudy, not strong taste but a taste.

I've been using the pods from the seeds for the past 6 weeks daily. Starting at 25g, traditional tea method, plenty of lemon juice, 2 washes, 1 hour total simmer time and dark tea, effects generally lasting 6-10 hours. Slowly increased to about 35g and using extras like WGJ, DXM etc.

Found effects wearing off so switched to stove espresso maker method. Starting at 20g, poured back into espresso maker. Results excellent, almost looked like espresso, basically black.

I've bought few other large makers and generally having 50-75g daily mixed with grapefruit juice and lemon. If I don't have morphine as well sometimes go to 100-125g daily.

I have a lot of seeds 10-15lbs (and growing)and don't want to waste them. Is there anything I can do to use the seeds, if yes duration, water temperature etc.... or have I simply got too high a tolerance already?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really want to have a nod and getting really frustrated . Would it be worth making say 100g of pod espresso and mixing that with the water to soak the seeds in 🤷‍♂️ etc

Thanks folks

Go into the country and sew them in empty or lightly grass-covered fields where the soil is broken and there's enough sun. Or else you could take up baking... and not just sweets and cakes but anything, multigrain bread, since the seeds and especially the oil are highly nutritious

I dont believe youll feel effects from the seeds until your tolerance is way down
Ok cheers mate, not what I wanted to hear 😅 but probably what I expected.

Really hard to get any decent opiates from the docs in England, I'm basically already on them Oramorph 160mg daily and that's being slowly tapered down, I'm actually only on 100mg a day for reasons I can't say 😶.

Discovered PPT and thought this is ideal, didn't expect my tolerance to increase so quickly 😕. I'm also on Diazepam 40mg daily and the chances of GP helping more are zero.

Its nearly impossible to get oxy or hydrocodone here, I've even been looking online or better benzos. I've even been looking at the dodgy sites and know that there's basically 99.9% of them being real or safe.

I can get pods legally and cheap but there almost feeling like a waste even at $90 for 4.4lbs of good quality dried gigantic pods.

Unless I go on a drug programme and get methadone or subutex I'm stuck. Can't do that though without totally destroying my family. Not going down the H route.

Really trapped by it all now.

Methadone or Subutex if they have it are equally good to maintain you, there's a lot of threads going into the pluses and minuses of each

Use hot water and around 500ml per 250g of seeds. You might ultimately need half a kilo of seeds per dose.

Oral morphine is a waste of good morphine. I don't know if it's extended release but if it was immediate release you might try plugging it which would probably increase the absorption a little bit but might not even be worth it

Oral morphine is a waste of good morphine. I don't know if it's extended release but if it was immediate release you might try plugging it which would probably increase the absorption a little bit but might not even be worth it
Yeah Oramorph and the tablet version Sevredol are both IR. Tried it few times but don't really feel effects of it tbh 😕 unless I do 50ml (100mg) orally, not attempting that many goes the other way for no effect 😅.

Cheers though mate

Use hot water and around 500ml per 250g of seeds. You might ultimately need half a kilo of seeds per dose.
Ok so a litre with ½ a kg. How hot? How long do I leave in? Do I shake in bottle? Just do once or drain and repeat?..... cos I find it really messy separating. Cheers matey.

Sorry for all the questions 👍

Methadone or Subutex if they have it are equally good to maintain you, there's a lot of threads going into the pluses and minuses of each
Issue is I'm gonna get caught and screw up family. I remember the prison trick with subutex. Put sticky sweet on roof of mouth, use coffee whitener for the fizz effect as I know your watched like a hawk.

Tbh in reality I think that that is going to be the most likely outcome. If I'm struggling this early I can't see things getting better without it!!!!

Cheers buddy

Issue is I'm gonna get caught and screw up family
I'm not sure what you mean, because if you're referring to the stigma of being on maintenance don't they already know that you take morphine?

Tbh in reality I think that that is going to be the most likely outcome. If I'm struggling this early I can't see things getting better without it!!!
Unless you get a different doctor. How easy is it getting a second opinion?

Last edited:
Ok so a litre with ½ a kg. How hot? How long do I leave in? Do I shake in bottle? Just do once or drain and repeat?..... cos I find it really messy separating. Cheers matey.

Sorry for all the questions 👍

If you're going to wash a whole pound/half kilo you should probably use a 2 liter plastic soda bottle. Pour in the seeds and then 1 liter of hot tap water (as hot as it comes out) and shake very vigorously for 8 minutes. Then slightly twist open the cap, but not entirely, and turn upside down and squeeze. The water will come out the sides while the cap stays on loosely. This will filter you might have to loosely hold the cap on with your fingers to prevent it from popping off as you squeeze. Then its filtered. Repeat with fresh water if you so desire. Dont run it through twice, and don't let it soak, ever.

DIf you're going to wash a whole pound/half kilo you should probably use a 2 liter plastic soda bottle. Pour in the seeds and then 1 liter of hot tap water (as hot as it comes out) and shake very vigorously for 8 minutes. Then slightly twist open the cap, but not entirely, and turn upside down and squeeze. The water will come out the sides while the cap stays on loosely. This will filter you might have to loosely hold the cap on with your fingers to prevent it from popping off as you squeeze. Then its filtered. Repeat with fresh water if you so desire. Dont run it through twice, and don't let it soak, ever.
I'm learning a lot about poppy seeds today. From the pros

I thought you were washing them to get the residual latex that may be stuck to them, but it sounds more like cleaning them, which doesn't make any sense to me why you would want to do that.

There's a TINY little bit of morphine and stuff in the seeds as well Which is why you can test positive after eating them. Is those suckers are steam sterilized before they get the grocery store just in case someone were to get a funny idea about putting one in the ground. So I'm pretty sure that if you could get high off poppy seeds they would make them illegal too or at least make you have to get them at the counter at CVS and show your ID and limit you like they do with ephedrine

So I'm pretty sure that if you could get high off poppy seeds they would make them illegal too or at least make you have to get them at the counter at CVS and show your ID and limit you like they do with ephedrine

Not only can you get high, they can kill you if you aren't careful. I've had a few times where i over did it poppy seeds, in fact the very first time i tried it was only perhaps 4 years ago (i always thought it was borderline bogus), and i used an entire pound of very strong seeds with no opioid tolerance at the time. It was great for the first 3 hours but it kept on getting stronger and i started to nod uncontrollably. Took a bunch of stimulants to stay awake. I was high for a day and a half. Felt like a number of hundreds of milligrams of morphine, i was only aiming for perhaps 150-200mg or so. This felt like a multiple of that.

Note that supermarket seeds arent as strong as the seeds i had. These seeds were sold for this purposes, and produced a dark bitter solution.

Not only can you get high, they can kill you if you aren't careful. I've had a few times where i over did it poppy seeds, in fact the very first time i tried it was only perhaps 4 years ago (i always thought it was borderline bogus), and i used an entire pound of very strong seeds with no opioid tolerance at the time. It was great for the first 3 hours but it kept on getting stronger and i started to nod uncontrollably. Took a bunch of stimulants to stay awake. I was high for a day and a half. Felt like a number of hundreds of milligrams of morphine, i was only aiming for perhaps 150-200mg or so. This felt like a multiple of that.

Note that supermarket seeds arent as strong as the seeds i had. These seeds were sold for this purposes, and produced a dark bitter solution.
Amazing! And what about my earlier question as to why would you want to wash them at all

Poppy sees are capable of producing a very strong morphine high, however most seeds are washed and even lots of unwashed seeds are not very strong. I haven't been able to find good poppy seeds in quite a while. You'll know it's good when the water turns light brown and tastes quite strong. The seeds will be somewhat sticky, if they're very dry and don't stick together into little clumps, they're probably washed or very weak seeds. Also a half pound is fairly low even if they were strong seeds, granted it's possible to get seeds so strong that a half pound is a heavy dose, but that's very rare. Most suppliers you can find do not have good seeds, and even the seeds I've found recently that seem strong (have the taste, very dark tea water) have had a shitty "high" mostly consisting of horrible, painful itching and racing heart (my theory is high thebaine seeds).

Most of my very favorite opiate experiences have been with the seeds I could always get during the "golden years" for me of poppy seeds. I'd nod, even got scared I'd stop breathing a few times.

I thought you were washing them to get the residual latex that may be stuck to them, but it sounds more like cleaning them, which doesn't make any sense to me why you would want to do that.

No he's describing how you get high from them. You're shaking it up for a short time to dissolve the opium stuck to them, and then drinking that. The reason unwashed, strong seeds get you high is because they have opium stuck to them.

No he's describing how you get high from them. You're shaking it up for a short time to dissolve the opium stuck to them, and then drinking that. The reason unwashed, strong seeds get you high is because they have opium stuck to them.
Okay that's what I thought. the whole two liter bottle hot wash opening the cap just a little bit and then following up with cool wash thing was a little vague,
in my mind's eye I pictured
Polish-20211101-202230701.jpg

@negrogesic dumping opium tea into the sink, and had anxiety a little bit like annoying neighbor David in Drugstore Cowboy... I wanted to ask: "Have you finally gone completely crazy?"

Last edited:
I'm sorry for doubting @negrogesic but this place cannot afford the kind of opioid brain drain that would happen if you were to go around the bend so to speak

We've already (temporarily) lost @snafu's expertise especially with respect to kratom. What am I talking about, with respect to everything! And yes he's still here but taking a well-deserved break from The Crazies