• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[PERTH] Diz'play @ Metro City16/4 feat. Pendulum etc REVIEWS (all ages event reviews)

vickers said:
i was thinking about the crowd for this just now...i know alot of people who are going to this event for the same reason they go to two tribes or godskitchen....not too fussed about the music just there to do to whole chatting shit to strangers,reaching for the lazers ect ect e experience.
im guessing therel be a few of these people because of pendulums popularity these days much to the dismay of the dnb headz.
peoples thoughts?

What do ya meen vickers? thats why im going.
Pendulum are trance right ?
drum and bass dancing is to slow anyway.

yeh come on douche bags PM astro boi so we can have a proper meet up.
will be bringing my camera anton,some glow stick filled action shots will be sent your way!
decided to get the bus up a day early to perth so the weekend can be longer,

last post before i make the journey up to the city. pretty pumped for my first dnb event, so everyone be nice to me.
see you cunts at kebab shop at 11 with ya groove on.

daneo said:
What do ya meen vickers? thats why im going.
Pendulum are trance right ?
drum and bass dancing is to slow anyway.

ROFL =D

Hmmm, well i'm off to the all ages(yeah yeah i know,dont say it...) at Heat so i will be sure to txt and let you all know how bad it is ;-p
Later guys......=D

I'd like to extend a thank you to metro city and the organisers of this event for overselling by what had to be at least 1000 people. Thanks to you i stood in the freezing cold from 11.20 until 1.40 waiting to get in. 30 people from the front until we were finally told that our early bird tickets won't get us in. Congratulations on an event well managed! At least you're trying to make up for it but, seriously, what a fuckup.

Yeah, respect to the dj's for coming back this friday. Doesn't help my hypothermia and all those poor bastards who dropped in the line. Not to mention the fact that there were door sales for an already sold out event. Any Thoughts Huey? And what's the exact lineup for this friday?

^^Yeh fkn tell me about it man just did the same shit, and its bs even if it is friday I got a very small window when I can get fkd up and then study for the rest of my break or im gonna fail everything this is bs.

end rant

Well yeah what can I say, I missed the meetup sorry guys. I was there at 11 but like the 1000 others waiting in line I stood there for 3 hours before they told us I wasn't going to get in.

I feel sorry for whoever is going to get hung for this but someone is going to take a fall because that is one of the biggest fuckups imaginable.

Oh and all the flyers that were handed out advertising the replacement gig to be held tonight(Monday) might give cause for a few unhappy campers if its actually planned for Friday.

early bird tickets are only early birds in reference to price i thought, but any pre purchased ticket should be guarenteed entry before door tickets go on sale. Of course if you buy a ticket before, you get entry before ANY door sales would (well one would assume) You would also think that they would only sell door sales after a particlular time to make sure those who pre purchased tickets got in and that they wouldnt sell door tickets if the venue had reached its full capacity.

Maybe complain to the venue that you felt they had gone beyond the legal capacity rate for their venue and the event organisers. maybe they will look into it. Im unsure of what the metro in perth capacity is. Maybe someone should find that out cause its not only illegal to go over the venue limit but its also a serious health risk and fire risk (re: evacuation)

Just my 2c

Edited title to include reviews.

PS: the pendulum i went to here in melbs at the mercat cross was packed to the hill but we made sure we got a position near the window that could be opened for ventilation :)

im going to merge this with the other pendulum thread thats running for perth. even though ones all ages and one isnt theres no point having two sepreate threads.

Cheers

NB: the big wide web seems of of eaten the all ages thread while i was trying to merge the two threads hmm :/ so any reviews can be done in here.

Last edited:
is there going to be any refunds? Im glad I didnt go now as I would definately not have been able to get in early. Sorry to hear this guys- how retarded and stupid the whole thing is. :(

You'd have to go back to the place of prchase for a refund.

The bouncers at metros said that there would be the exact same line up this coming friday, so hang on to the ticket if you wan' to get into that (if it even happens)

I've heard one rumour that they sold 3500 tickets for a maximum capacity of 1900 and another romour that some cheecky bastard printed off a heap of fake tickets.

Mind you i probably talked to more bluelighters in the line than went to the meetup. lol.

I went to the all ages gig. ticket cost me 50 bucks, but i got to see shy fx & pendulum :D

One thing about pendulums set?
you can just load the "hold your colour" cd into your computer. then turn crossfader on, and you will basicly have their set.

Ive never seen any djs rinse out their own tune MORE then pendulum.

The gig itself was absolutely dissapointing. El Hornet played the most worst set, nothing to get the crowd going apart from the first few tunes at the beginning. There was a pyrotechnic DiZplay(excuse the pun) which made everyone shit themselves when it went off. Bit cool, but cheesy at the same time. Shy FX also played a very uninspiring set. And the sound was not really up to the normal standards metroz usually has. Was expecting much more from Pendulum. The track selection was boring me to tears. Sucks to everyone who couldn't get in. Luckily i got back in after coming back out at around 11ish to give a friend a ticket and i could already see the line down the street. Got back in did a wonder around and went to the sky bar balcony and the line was huge. Looked like it went all the way back to Old Berlin.

Only one good thing to say about the event, was that MC VERSE dropped in after Innercity and MC'd all the way thru Pendulum's set which was a plus. At the end of the set VERSE did explain to everyone that there had been a big fuckup and told the crowd that there was gonna be another gig to be held next Friday. Bit pointless telling everyone that got in, but i guess they would want to get a decent crowd for the Friday gig as well.

What was meant to be one of the biggest DnB events of the year, turned out to be somewhat of a failure. Andy C and Pendulum @ Boxing Day Bash was 1000 times better.