• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: If 2020 Was the Dumpster, Can 2021 Be the Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratom fucked me up disproportionately to the amount I was taking and like no other drug did, I think I must have some kind of genetic predisposition to an especially harsh and rapid onset of opiate withdrawals.

In the beginning it was great but the wellbeing and motivational enhancement quickly gave way to a kind of lacklustre nice feeling that lasted maybe an hour and just a general apathy which prevented me from actually doing anything. I often stacked it with modafinil or ~afinil analogues though and a couple of times with amphetamine, which was catastrophically bad in the aftermath and maybe somehow primed my brain for badness from then on. Amphetamines I've read do potentiate some of the brain damaging effects of opioids (or maybe it's the other way around, I can't remember exactly, presumably also very heavy doses) so maybe there's a similar mechanism.

It also seriously fucked with my bowels beyond just constipation, it would be like constipation followed by half a day of long overdue, sporadic, messy evacuations of a consistency that was not healthy and I will save you all the disgustingness of having me describe it in detail.

During the end days of this apathetic, almost nice but mostly just maintaining shitness I got really fucking depressed and basically did nothing but watch shitty TV shows endlessly while waiting for another day to end and hoping I'd get away with being such a lazy useless fucker. I really leaned in hard to the stereotypical dysfunctional opiate addict in a way that I never would have believed I would have done.

I never went above 20g a day, most days were more like 10-15g. Maybe upping the dose would have fixed a lot of the negatives... I'm torn about whether the fact I didn't is a good thing or not, on the one hand obviously my policy of not just casually escalating doses probably has helped me avoid serious dependencies or problems with many other drugs... but equally I just ended up stuck in an unhappy, shitty, limbo, unwilling to just quit and unwilling to lean deeper into the addiction.

Anyway at the moment I have a strong aversion to even the thought of kratom, in my head it's acquired a sinister kind of vibe, a fleeting reward on the edge of a deep well of suffering.... I don't see myself ever doing it again, but who knows what the future will bring. Hopefully I won't end up hopelessly addicted to it again anyway.

Stick with that aversion, I doubt you will be able to sustain any positive effects based on your descriptions of your usage.

What makes you think it's an allergic reaction rather than just standard constipation everyone gets with opiates?

Pretty sure I've gone up to a week or two without taking a dump before. OH THE DISCOMFORT.

Yeah opiates cause insane constipation. I used to take a shit only every 4-5 days, and it tore my rectum up, it hurt so bad, and my ass hurt all the time, for years. It was horrible. That was just from kratom.

In the beginning it was great but the wellbeing and motivational enhancement quickly gave way to a kind of lacklustre nice feeling that lasted maybe an hour and just a general apathy which prevented me from actually doing anything.

That's what happens to me, too. When I am not used to it, dosing it produces great effects, but as soon as I use it daily for more than a couple of days, the positive effects become greatly muted, and will only last an hour or so, and then as soon as they wear off I feel listless and apathetic and extremely low energy.

I never went above 20g a day, most days were more like 10-15g. Maybe upping the dose would have fixed a lot of the negatives...

Nope, definitely not. When I get going with it I end up settling at about 40-50g a day, and the side effects are worse. And actual withdrawal (not just the listless/apathetic feeling) starts about 5 hours after my last dose. I wake up in withdrawal if I dose right before sleep. It's awful.

Nope, definitely not. When I get going with it I end up settling at about 40-50g a day, and the side effects are worse. And actual withdrawal (not just the listless/apathetic feeling) starts about 5 hours after my last dose. I wake up in withdrawal if I dose right before sleep. It's awful.
That’s what the Math and logic would tell us to expect. I’m sure there are exceptions to this principle, but not with Kratom, nor with Benzos.

@Bella Figura thanks for the mention in that kava Q thread too. I want to reply, not always exactly sure how and where to come in with such newbies. I can instruct, direct, inspire, but I’m not here to regurgitate a class on Kava, which I took myself using the useful thing called the internet lol!

So I hope to offer the most appropriate response, so off my head today in acid afterglow, high on weed vaped and some really strong Vanuatu Kava.
No worries man, I figured you might be the most qualified on here to answer :)

Just for the record I guess, Kratom was a walk in the park for me but I've been doing heroin on and off for over a decade...

Just for the record I guess, Kratom was a walk in the park for me but I've been doing heroin on and off for over a decade...

Kratom is easier than heavy full agonists, but if you've been on it a long time, it is vicious with the restlessness. I have been addicted to poppy tea, pure morphine, oxy, heroin, and kratom, and when I was on 50+ grams a day of kratom for years, the restlessness was by far the worst of any opioid, it was otherworldly, closest I've ever come to actually killing myself, so, so bad. Absolute insanity. But the other symptoms of full agonists are certainly worse than kratom.

Fuck man 50g a day. Yeah I never used it daily for than a month? So stopping wasn't an issue. But yeah maybe if it had been years and that level of dosing, I can imagine it'd be painful.

My opiate career started with 5-6 years straight of daily kratom, slowly increasing to that amount, but it was at that amount for at least 3 of those years. Then I tried using poppy seed tea to get off kratom, which worked, but hot damn if I didn't like 24-hour long oral opium WAY better, so it wasn't long before I was doing that every day instead. From there I jumped around and had stages of all of the other mentioned opiates, and I experienced withdrawals (though not all the way through them) from them all. Heroin made me feel the most depressed and hopeless and actually physically ill.

But yeah I had taken a few hydros and a few oxys before I started kratom, then I randomly found some kratom at a head shop and had read about it on Erowid, and when it hit me I was absolutely in love, it was 100 times better than any other opiate experience I'd ever had, the rush was unreal and I felt almost like MDMA after that. It was like that every time for the first year, all my friends felt the same way, too. Everyone absolutely loved it. It's weird because these days it's pretty much considered either a super mild thing, or a way to get off harder opiates. But it was how I got ON opiates. My best friend got on opiates because of kratom, too. he and I would do it every day, we couldn't WAIT to get back to our apartment from class (in college) to drink kratom. We called it "kratizz" (for rizzle). man I wish I could re-experience those times.

and had read about it on Erowid,
Me too! So...snap on that, as well. But can you guess who the buggar was?

I’ll leave you to wonder, you’re sharp enough to get it right. ;)

Except....that was way after my trial spell with Kratom, I can’t allow myself to be teased by something I know I can’t have under any circumstances.

Or otherwise you woulda got my bones jingling to try this Kratom stuff lol.

I had some kava earlier and like 5 minutes after the first cup, I got a great rush and felt awesome. It's funny how kava will sometimes give me a really nice (but brief) euphoric high, and other times virtually nothing.

I'm making more right now, it does help when trying to avoid doing kratom. I actually feel pretty good today, surprisingly.

I also just ate ~75mg of a new delta-8-THC distillate I received yesterday, this one comes with a certificate of analysis and contains small amounts of a bunch of cannabinoids.

Going to try see how a true replica ripoff from the same factories in china are for adidas yeezys. so far all my research shows that sometimes they even come out better than the retail products. Still a bit costly but paid with bitcoin. If they are on the same level with the boost tech i will be very happy. When i tried a mates yeezy years ago they were one of the most fucking god dam comfortable shoe i ever put my foot in. So hoping it will be good its just a shame they always limited edition i would of picked a retail pair a long time ago but ay even retail pairs in NZ are rare as fuck unless imported from america.

Though getting a shoe that sells for $700-1000 on the street here will be fucking nice if it turns out be greenlight quality check.

Just finished installing my new upstairs toilet (while on a conference call for work where I was one of three and talking a lot, lol), everything seems perfect! No leaking anywhere, and it's quite nice, even has one of those slow-closing seats.

Hah nice, won't there be import costs?
Just shipping from china. The shoes will be like 128 usd. I don't have to pay import taxes on things under $1000.

Just waiting for people in china to wake up so i they can process my order and give me payment details haha. I did alot of research though and found some fucking crazy factory with alot of people on reddit giving them nice reviews looking at the pics of shoes people got from them fuck i laughed when the fakes were more high quality stitching than the retail.

Just finished installing my new upstairs toilet (while on a conference call for work where I was one of three and talking a lot, lol), everything seems perfect! No leaking anywhere, and it's quite nice, even has one of those slow-closing seats.
All about the slow closers. No slamming sound ever again!

My friends are way into these electronic bidet attachments they put on their toilets. I'm thinking about it. Would be quite nice.

yeah I have 2 bathrooms in my house. The one I just installed the toilet in is the cat bathroom and has the litterbox. My recently passed cat developed digestive issues later in life and would poop on the floor outside the litterbox half the time. it's tile, but it still became really nasty and you couldn't keep it clean. The toilet also broke, and the sink is leaky, and the shower started leaking badly so I took it out and it's just a tub now. Anyway I was totally unable to use it for a few years, but it's coming back now. Next up is the sink. Pretty sure I know where it's leaking from.

Just got a meningococcal vaccine just to be safe seen people die of it in the last few years. Holy fuck my body is fucking sore from it though got a fever a mad sore back and it honestly feels like im high or drunk when i was walking

Status
Not open for further replies.