• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

official NHL 06-07 thread! (free agent signings updated on page 11)

I'm glad they gave Pronger that suspension, upon reviewing that hit on Holmstrom, it was dirty as fuck. Both elbows up, from behind, straight to his head. Awful.

oh my god I just discovered the NHL thread and the damn season ended like a month ago and I am superrrr pissed

Let's go Capitals!
(even though you suck)
I still have to support Ovechkin right?

^^yes, as a fellow Caps fan, I feel your pain. They need an owner who gives a shit about the team if they ever want to have a chance to be good again.

Holy crap the Anaheim Detroit game was amazing the other night. I can't believe how Detroit gave it away at the end. It was such a high-powered, big hitting game, I loved it. And Selanne's game winning OT goal was just fucking sick. Bad ass backhand poppin the water bottle. So sick.

Well looks like detroit is gone, but did they ever hold on tight, they came so close so many times to tying it up in the dying seconds of the 3rd! Wow detroit dont give up but anaheim's defence stings. I believe that if detroit were to win tonight and move onto win game 7 to play ottawa in the finals, I think detroit would be taking the cup, but as far as anaheim and ottawa go for now, It's hard to say, Im leaning more towards anaheim, I don't think ottawa has what it to takes to overcome the ducks.

I hope Ottawa wins, I like seeing Canadian teams doing well. And I just really hate Anaheim.

I know what ya mean, and I'm pretty traiditonal, so I HATE seein teams that never got a stanley cup before get one... *cough* last year *cough*

monday hurry up. i seriously can not wait for this series to go down, ITS ON!!!

and btw, the Stanley Cup is on ...... Versus?

man, if thats not a sign of how low the NHL has sunk, I dont know what is

youarewhatyouis said:
and btw, the Stanley Cup is on ...... Versus?

What do you mean?

I think its going to be anaheim over ottawa series ending at 4 games to 3.
Anaheim's win tonight was a decent one, they came back on top even though they were tired as fuck. I dont know if it's just me, but did anyone else who watched the game tonight notice anaheim's fatigue really low? especially selanne, seems like he had a 5 lb weight in his skates.

^^ I'm just sayin that I'm surprised the Stanley Cup is exclusively on the "Versus Channel," which is a TV station that alot of people dont even have. I didnt have Vs until a couple of months ago.

My thoughts after game 1:

Spezza, Heatley, Alfredson were on the cusp of dominating, but they never got a chance due to Anaheim's "bulldozer" strategy. I've never seen a team get hit so hard and so often. They had a lot of good chances and some great passes. The Senators defense was pretty lax, especially on the Duck's winning goal. Nobody was covering the slot!

Ducks won more battles along the boards, but were almost too aggressive, and they took a lot of penalties, which easily could have cost them the game (Ottawa was looking good on the power play)

The pattern with Ottawa seems to be that they hold back in the first period, save their strength, wait for their offensive lines to get keyed into the game. The Senators need to withstand the initial onslaught from Anaheim, and then they need to play smarter than the Ducks. They must set up Alfredson. The problem is the Duck's defenders...so Ottawa needs to draw them to the outside, and just flat out be faster.

My prediction is, the Senators win 4-3.

I am watching game 2 as of right now. Let's seee how this goes

youarewhatyouis said:
^^ I'm just sayin that I'm surprised the Stanley Cup is exclusively on the "Versus Channel," which is a TV station that alot of people dont even have. I didnt have Vs until a couple of months ago.

exactly. i dont get versus, but my cable provider DOES carry it, its just not part of the package i have. i finally broke down and got the centre ice package, but because of the 'local blackout restrictions' i cant watch any of the games that are on versus.

to make a long story short. i cant watch a single fucking game of the stanley cup finals unless i go to my friends house.

nbc REALLY lived up to their deal. nhl on nbc is a bullshit whore. i think there was maybe 2 or 3 (3 at most) playoff games on nbc total. what a fucking sham.

Ottawa is not getting any breaks early in the series :(

Hopefully things turn around when they head north for game 3.

Good ol CBC plays all the games all season. If your satelites can pick it up that would be alright for yas (americans). Snoop dogg was at the game last nite, and the CBC guy interviewed him, it was prettty funny seeing an old white haired guy say "here he is the snoop dizzy".

CONGRATS to the senators for an awesome game 3 last night!

Yah that was a good game I have to admit... it's funny how 2 of ottawa's goals were "foot" assisted.