• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

official NHL 06-07 thread! (free agent signings updated on page 11)

Holy.....game four sucked for Ottawa. That hurts. They should have pulled this one out...but they just played horribly. All that embellishment/diving attracted bad karma. You want to win hockey games? You have to play hockey, not resort to dirty tricks. Refs will be smarter next game.

Alfredson was good in this game. Emory looked frazzled. The loss of Pronger didn't hurt the ducks one bit defensively - in fact, I thought they were better tonight on defense. Ottawa just needs to step it up - they got worked tonight.

Oh, and I want to rant about NBC. They suck. Oh my god, I can't stand listening to their play-by-play. Their HD feed looks OK (just OK, not great), and the volume of their announcers is jacked up beyond all reason...while the rink sound is turned way down. You can't hear the hits, skates, and sticks. They're idiots at NBC....I want Versus back.

I cant believe Alfredson shot that puck at Niedermayer at the end of the 2nd! All it did was fire up the Ducks. That was a stupid move in my opinion, and coming from their captain!

youarewhatyouis said:
I cant believe Alfredson shot that puck at Niedermayer at the end of the 2nd! All it did was fire up the Ducks. That was a stupid move in my opinion, and coming from their captain!

^^ ditto! i couldn't BELIEVE there wasn't some sort of penalty for that, it was so blatently obvious he wasn't shooting at the goal.

i fell asleep before that game was over, so i didn't know who won. that sux....i'm really, really pulling for ottawa. (big heately fan)

I think he just had to make a quick decision to clear the puck, and ended up hitting him. No big deal. Plus, Alfredson has been getting beat up for the entire series. Ducks have been gettting off pretty easy, I think.

wow... did ottawa ever give that game away.

I have to admit the ducks worked hard to get the cup.

The Ducks were the team to beat from the beginning of the season...and they showed why.

GODDAMNIT CANADA...how could you allow cities like Raleigh, Tampa Bay, and Anaheim steal the cup away from you?! Pitiful. :p

the Anaheim Migh... I'm sorry..... the Anaheim Ducks are the Stanley Cup champions.

Now excuse me while I vomit my gizzards out

im so glad the ducks beat the sens! ottawa wasnt a bad team by any means this season, but the ducks just had the fight in em. i had a GOOOOOOD feeling it was going to end like this (though i figured it would at LEAST go 6 games).

youarewhatyouis said:
the Anaheim Migh... I'm sorry..... the Anaheim Ducks are the Stanley Cup champions.

dude...that was EXACTLY how me and my husband felt with about 6 mins left!

even if there was a game 6, ottawa just didn't have the energy to give a good fight. the ducks were just all over it. congrats.

youarewhatyouis said:

HAHAHAH I just laughed so hard at that..

But I have to admit, the ducks worked fucking HARD all season, and they showed it.

I wanted Ottawa to win, but congrats must go to the Ducks. Watching the interview with Selanne after the game, you have to feel good for him. He's a veteran...never won a cup, and he fought like hell for it. Pretty emotional moment. Nobody on the Ducks had ever won a cup except for Rob Niedermayer. They literally destroyed Ottawa and are currently the best hockey team, period.

free agency is upon us beginning earlier today at 12 (noon, july 1st)!!! this is even more exciting than the draft (which i was at btw!)!!!

heres some of the signing as of right now!

player-----------------signed with

---july 1st, 2007---

pascal dupuis - atlanta thrashers
barret jackman - st. louis blues
todd white - atlanta thrashers
brett mclean - florida panthers
cory sarich - calgary flames
mathieu schneider - anaheim ducks (great pick up)
yanic perreault - chicago blackhawks
shawn thornton - boston bruins
brian rafalski - detroit red wings
richard zednik - florida panthers
radek dvorak - florida panthers
scott gomez - new york rangers
chris drury - new york rangers
jonathan sim - new york islanders
scott hannan - colorado avalanche
tom poti - washington capitals
viktor kozlov - washington capitals
jason blake - toronto maple leafs
eric perrin - atlanta thrashers
michel oullet - tampa bay lightning
jeff hamilton - carolina panthers
denis grebeshkov - edmonton oilers
daniel briere - philadelphia flyers
jed ortmeyer - nashville predators
ryan smyth - colorado avalanche
paul kariya - st louis blues
sheldon brookbank - columbus blue jackets (looking forward to seein this guy play!)

---july 2nd, 2007---

ryan whitney - pittsburgh penguins
rob scuderi - pittsburgh penguins
petr sykora - pittsburgh penguins
dany sabourin - pittsburgh penguins
darryl sydor - pittsburgh penguins
robert lang - chicago blackhawks
roman hamrlik - montreal canadiens
michael nylander - washington capitals
bryan smolinski - montreal canadiens
radek bonk - nashville predators
greg de vries - nashville predators
ken klee - atlanta thrashers
michal handzus - los angeles kings
tom preissing - los angeles kings
kyle calder - los angeles kings
ladislav nagy - los angeles kings
todd bertuzzi - anaheim ducks
ole-kristian tollefsen - columbus blue jackets (yay!)
alexander svitov - columbus blue jackets (yay!)

the rangers have made out like gang busters so far!

Last edited:
The Rangers killed free agency.. Gomez and Drury. Nice.

Schneider to Anaheim makes me sad. But at least we got Rafalski to replace him.

the rangers DID kill. philly's been makin some good moves also, both with pick ups and trades. theyve acquired daniel briere, scotty hartnell, kimmo timonen, jason smith, and joffrey lupul. not a bad list.

I think the Pittsburgh Penguins faired well in the draft too. the days of Mario Lemuix and Jaromir Jagr are still in the minds of Pittsburgh hockey fans. hopefully those new guys can do something with the kid, but with his skill it's almost impossible not do be productive on offense.

(titled updated as per ryanlaughlin's request)

Last edited:
thanks for the update axl!

yeah the pens didnt do too badly, they made a couple great pick ups in the free agency pool too with sykora and sydor. this team is going to be tough to beat next season. when you've got crosby, malkin, jordan staal, sykora, sydor, gary roberts, ryan whitney, and a pretty solid young goaltender in marc andre fleury, you dont really have a lot of reasons NOT to win.

ryanlaughlin said:
cory sarich - calgary flames

The flames have given him a 4 year 18 mill deal!!

that's a lot i think.. i hope he's worth it.

I also wonder how my buddy bryce is doin with the ducks, I havent seen his name brought up yet, and he's not in LA right now.