• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

official NHL 06-07 thread! (free agent signings updated on page 11)

That video was way cool. Looked like a blast up there in Calgary. Damn there's nothing at all like playoff hockey. So fucking intense.

All I've got to say is: Sharks round 2 baby!! Fuck yeah!

Damn, there were tickets on razorgator.com for the Ducks game tonight for $14 a piece! If I gave two shits about seeing the Ducks and didn't mind driving from LA to orange county I might consider it. Obviously they werent amazing seats, but still a great price at least to see some playoff hockey.

^ you are correct. my sympathies, this could go one of two ways, everyone expects nyr to lose anyways so this first game loss to a dominant buffalo team is seen as no surprise and now THEY will get swept after surprising everyone by sweeping atlanta in the first round. or i'll look out my window and see pigs flying.

;) good luck new york!

and i would have totally taken those tickets to the anaheim game if i were in your shoes!

youarewhatyouis said:
14 dollars apiece?!? for playoff hockey tickets?! must not be too many hockey fans out there....

Shit yeah I guess so. I wouldnt expect much else from people from orange county though.

the devils are losing 4-1 with the first period ALMOST over.

and no brodeur is not on the bench.

4-2 now. this game COULD get real good if brodeur shuts em down now.

so its about 5 minutes into the 2nd period now and its 4-3 sens.

this game is out of control, offensively speaking, there hasnt seemed to be any bad blood yet, but the whole damn place is lit up right now.

i cant believe the ducks creamed the canucks! fuck sakes, vancouver is my new canadian hope for the playoffs..

isnt it ironic that a canuck is a duck

im not surprised, the ducks are TOO good of a team for someone like vancouver to come into their building and beat em. yes vancouver has the sedin twins, naslund, luongo (who ive said from square one is a good goalie, but gives up juicy rebounds on occasion and by juicy i mean silver platter), and a few other gems, but look at the ducks. theyve got a stacked line up. i think the ducks have a GOOD chance of winning the cup, besides that, theyve got TWO pretty solid goaltenders, and in all honesty i'd put bryzgalof in the net and wait on giguere.

and yeah, it IS ironic. :D

After seeing the Canucks and the Rangers play, I really don't think either of those teams should be in the playoffs. At least in comparison to the level of competition that all the other teams display.

2-0 shutout on the fucking Redwings last night. Now that's what I like to see!!!

I hated how they set up a 16th place Calgary flames against The red wings for first round, and also red wings having first 2 games home ice... it just wasnt far lol.
But ya have to admit the flames held up pretty tight

^ i actually figured that series would go 7 games when you consider that calgary has huselius, amonte (who i share a birthday with!), iginla, tanguay, langkow, mccarty, regehr, and phaneuf and hamrlik on the blueline annnd... miikka kiprusoff as your last line of defense?!?! im REALLY surprised that series didnt go to a game 7.

bromance, i think the rangers have enough weapons they SHOULD be better, but they just dont get the job done. the canucks on the other hand... i REALLY dont know how they've made it this far. they played a couple good minutes against dallas, but in all honesty, the sedins are as they say 'too much russian, not enough finnish.' i know they're swedish, but its a good figure of speech hehe. and luongo lets the juicy juice spill all over the paint on occasion. i dont look for them to do anything against the ducks. and after nyr lost that first game against buffalo... the series ended. buffalo is TOO good offensively and have a pretty strong defense and a GREAT goalkeeper in miller... they just wont lose to a team like new york. i'd be surprised if its not buffalo and anaheim in the finals.

I was hoping calgary would win so I could go to more games, I wont be able to next year because I wont be living in calgary.

that sucks. where are you going to be next year? maybe around another playoff hopeful? like in columbus or something? :D

nah I doubt it, Im never in the states, Im probably going to be moving back home for a while to the east coast nova scotia where theres no nhl franchise, but my QMJHL (Quebec Major Junior Hockey League) team play, the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (where Marc Andre Fleury played his junior career a few years back and other stars like Nagy and Tanguay have played on the Halifax Mooseheads, which is another major team in Nova Scotia).

But next hockey season I might be able to catch another flames game, because I will be moving back to Alberta to go back to work, but I'll be way up north in Fort McMurray, which is quite far from Edmonton and Calgary.

heh, when ya think about it, alberta is huge.