⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

hey guys, been a long time reader of this forum but just decided to sign up

I registered earlier this morning but havent recieved an activation email yet? Does it usually take a while, sometimes my email can be a bit dodgy - ive checked both the inbox and the junk mail folder but no email thus far. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Did you try having the email resent? Or sent to a different address? In this thread on the page just before this one there is discussion on how to do both of those :)

I sent out a PM to some Sr Staff about this problem I'm having........
Someone suggested I post it publicly so others can benefit from it and offer advice if they have run into this problem......

So, here it is:
I am getting logged out repeatedly, and have been having trouble posting for this reason.
This happens randomly......Mainly when I try to post.
I read through this thread earlier and have gotten most of the messages listed here-
Fizzle suggested I clear my cookies and cache, which I did and it seemed to work- but then it stopped.
I have done this repeatedly (clearing everything), I renewed my IP and have tried restarting Firefox.
I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong-
It only happens with BL. It was suggested I bring my laptop to another location to see if I have the same problem, which I have yet to do.....maybe that will help narrow down what the problem is.....?
Do any of you wise computer people have suggestions??

Any advice would be appreciated!

Do you tick the 'remember me' when you log in? When I did not I had intermittent problems, rather than consistent problems with staying logged in. When it was acting up it would happen when I was going to post as you describe.

You could try using a different browser and seeing if things work better. Which browser are you using by the way?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Firefox.
I don't select the 'remember me' thing.
I'll try that, Thanks!!

I don't want to jinx myself- but the "Remember me" thing seems to be working........

ocean - i had the same problem, and the remember me thing totally worked for me :D

(i'm also using firefox on mac os x)

What you described happened to me very often and stopped entirely when I made 'remember me' a habit. The only bad thing is you have to remember to sign out when you are someone else's computer or they have some access to your account.

Says account not activated!!

Changed my e-mail address - and never been able to activate because you never sent me a link to click. Please do so now. Thanks.

I never received my email to activate my account......can you resend it to my email? or am I not allowed to post personal emails on here.......help :0)

guess I'm good to go if I can post here huh lol......I'll try the forums but I don't think I'm able to........I'll let ya know either way! Awesome site!

^The post above your first one has a link through which you can have your activation email resent. If it still doesn't work I'd suggest you try using a different email account from a different email provider. Yahoo is kind of notorious for not getting activation emails to users.

Does your 2nd post indicate that you did receive the activation email?

guess I'm good to go if I can post here huh lol......I'll try the forums but I don't think I'm able to........I'll let ya know either way! Awesome site!

Support is a little different from the rest of the forums, you can post here even if your account hasnt been activated, which you cant do across most of the rest of the site. Thats for reasons such as this, people having problems with their account or the activation email. Enki pointed out how to resend the activation email if you still need it though, so you should be good to go :)

His account appears fine now.

And for the record, fizzle is absolutely correct - SUPPORT allows for unactivated accounts to post, just for situations like this.

Welcome to Bluelight Rocksteady :) That is an odd first post. Are you having problems posting? If so please give a description of the problem. If your account is activated and you can post alright in other forums you might want to introduce yourself in New Member Introductions.

+ for reading the thread

- for quoting my post from 5 yrs ago without context

= wat?