⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

Did you double check to make sure you listed the correct email? Checked SPAM?

Yes, its been some hours now. I emptied my spam this morning like 12 hours before i registered. I even checked my email after posting this and received all necessary emails. Its not on my end. Thanks again.

Its not working except for this thread

I can only post in this thread why is that? i have followed the steps for registration and re-regeistering change password ect. help??

ADDICTION, from earlier in the thread:

You're account is still waiting for email verification. You need to go to your hotmail account and open the email that the site sent you when you registered and click on the link it provides. That should activate your account so you can post.

You may need to check in your trash/SPAM folder since some email accounts tend to direct the registration email into there rather than your inbox. If the email isn't there anymore, go to here and reset the password using the same email account - a new validation email will get sent to you.

The key is not having the site resend the email, the key is to open the email and click on the link inside to activate the account. Your account is STILL waiting for that verification.

You are also STILL awaiting confirmation on your end (ie, ,click a link in an email from our server). I've manually resent the activation again to your email account...but I will note, we have historically had issues with your email service (yahoo) misdirecting or spam-filtering our emails.

+++++++

It appears Family Boy has gotten himself sorted.

yup yup sorted and filed under tweek. fellow blue light specials dig it? its alll gravy maine

ADDICTION, from earlier in the thread:

You are also STILL awaiting confirmation on your end (ie, ,click a link in an email from our server). I've manually resent the activation again to your email account...but I will note, we have historically had issues with your email service (yahoo) misdirecting or spam-filtering our emails.

+++++++

It appears Family Boy has gotten himself sorted.

haven't got it yet, im receiving all other mails fine, checked all the settings. i wish this would have been posted this about the trouble with yahoo mail when i was signing up. Is there any way you can change it to my aim mail? who do i message about this.

You can change your listed email address at any time, just put a different email address in that field.

You can change your listed email address at any time, just put a different email address in that field.

well i got the email now when i click it and even tried pasting it i get this:
We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines.

Please try again with the full address from the email that you received. If it still does not work, try filling in the activation form:
Activation form

If you do not know your activation code, you can find it in the email that was sent to you when you first registered. To have it sent again, please click here:
Send new email with activation code.

If all else fails, email the administrator, making sure that you include your registered email address and username.

disregard it finally works, had to send 3 activations, 3rd one worked. thanks =D

Merged (again)

+++++++++++++++

Your account is "Awaiting email confirmation", which is addressed a few times in this thread.

You're account is still waiting for email verification. You need to go to your email account and open the email that the site sent you when you registered and click on the link it provides. That should activate your account so you can post.

You may need to check in your trash/SPAM folder since some email accounts tend to direct the registration email into there rather than your inbox. If the email isn't there anymore, go to here and reset the password using the same email account - a new validation email will get sent to you.

3. Perhaps not tied to this recent poster, but it is common enough that we ought to add to this repeated message, perhaps with a re-link and re-quote the Greenlighter Guide FAQ

I changed my email address, and now a bunch of features don't work

Bluelight requires all email addresses to be verified before you are allowed to post. It is no different if you change your registered email address. If you change your registered email address, you will be placed in the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation group until your address is verified. To verify your address, just click on the link in the email sent to your new email address. If you have trouble receiving this email you can have it re-sent at this page.

Please activate my account

Hello, I'm new here. I'm astonished because I haven't received any activating e-mail yet, thus I cannot post in the appropriate subfora. Maybe it is casual on this forum, nevertheless that was the aim of posting this thread here.

With greetings
Uprzejmy Pan :)

Welcome to BL :) Support does not require you to be logged in to have posting ability, specifically for issues like this. Moreover, we have a nice fugly pink thingy following around members who register but are not activated - and it has links to THIS THREAD (so you don't need to start a new one) and our SUPPORT FAQ. Both of which outline how you can resend the activation to yourself if you can't find it.

Your account is awaiting that activation. I've manually resent it to you.

Ok, thank you for your politeness, TheLoveBandit, but I still cannot write any post where I'd like to do so. How long does it take to get somebody's account activated here? A week or longer? It's the first time when I meet such a situation, that's why I'm asking...

Oh, one more thing: I have noticed that I keep being logged out quite often, even just after logging in! What's the reason? :?:

To be honest....this could take forever. You see, the system is waiting for YOU to click the link in the email and become activated.......ball is in your court. Once you click that link, it is pretty much instantaneous.

As for the As for the logging out issue - it is mentioned several times in this thread and the other links provided that you would need to click the 'Remember Me' tick box when you log in, otherwise the system will log you out after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Im prolly a bit blonde at this but I was wondering how you can be logged in if the account hasnt been activated??

Anyways if your still having probs then have you checked the spam area of your email adddy?