• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

*** NFL Playoffs ***

i saw romo yelling at his linemen and jawing with the ref. that shit is no good.

and as far as eli having a bad game, well he ain't superman, but indications are that he is steadily improving. the guy is a young QB, the expectations the tabloid press put on him were unrealistic and ridiculous and all the real football fans in NY knew that all along.

i don't think we'll be running him for president just yet, but he is on track to be a very good franchise QB.

i would like to thank TO for creating my favorite sound bite of the nfl season. now take your seat next to 2006-2007 winner denny green ;)

so what are the predictions going to be for next week? I will say:

Patriots over Chargers
Packers over Giants

^^ yeah, Patriots vs. Packers in Super Bowl.

cravNbeets, are you talkin about the press conference where TO got all choked up and started to cry?

Patriots vs Chargers
packers vs Giants

the packers game is gonna be close though

yeah... I could really go either way with the Packers or Giants. although I live in Boston, I want to see the Patriots lose this year and I feel that the Giants have a better chance of knocking them off in the SB than the Pack.

simplytaylor said:
i was kind of nervous about the packers playing in dallas next weekend.

i hear that. dallas is my gf's team so i was cheering for them to win, but to be honest i wasn't looking forward to packers vs. dallas @ texas stadium. it's almost like favre is cursed there or something. however i think the pack can roll over new york pretty easily at lambeau. the giants win was actually much better for me personally, as i want to see the pack in the superbowl this year. go green bay!

I agree @lterego, it would be great to see Favre in the SuperBowl. my roommate is a huge Pack fan so I suppose I am cheering on them. but then again, I am sort of cheering on Eli Manning because it is nice to see him shut people up for once (including myself, as aforementioned).

anyways it would be spectacular if Favre and the Pack could make it to the SB and defeat the monoliths that are the Patriots. it would even out-do Jerome Bettis and the Steelers winning the SB as a wild-card during his last year.

axl blaze said:
excellent weekend of football. .

For sure. Every game, with maybe the exception of the 2nd half of Seattle/Green Bay was AWESOME. And the Sunday games? You couldn't have asked for two more competitive contests.

I usually like underdogs winning, but in the case of the AFC this year, I would have liked to see the Colts win and play the Pats. I simply don't think the Chargers have a chance in New England...I'm thinking at least a two touchdown beatdown..

SonOF said:
I usually like underdogs winning, but in the case of the AFC this year, I would have liked to see the Colts win and play the Pats. I simply don't think the Chargers have a chance in New England...I'm thinking at least a two touchdown beatdown..

my sentiments exactly on the Colts, Chargers, and Pats...

plus is Phillip Rivers going to be out for that game? I missed the last moments of Chargers VS Indy and I heard that he got hut real bad.

axl blaze said:
plus is Phillip Rivers going to be out for that game? I missed the last moments of Chargers VS Indy and I heard that he got hut real bad.

Last I heard Rivers is day to day, and LT is probable. I think Rivers is a pretty good QB but there is no way I can root for him. When did he decide to become such a badass? Yelling at the refs constantly, calling out his teammates, taunting fans (he did this during the Indy game)...I thought he was the quiet Mr. Nice Guy when he was drafted...Even LT has become a bit of a prick...add Merriman to that mix and you have quite an unlikeable bunch in San Diego. I think New England is going to put it on them pretty hard...like 31-13, 28-10 style...

capt.6e6210b8472648278398ed3b42a038bc.giants_cowboys_football_irv222.jpg

Hell. Yeah.

Also, I love how Tom Coughlin always looks confused.

capt.abcd97864886477d8b5fa6ee20e1f8ab.giants_cowboys_football_irv131.jpg

on the sidelines Tom Coughlin looks like he is watching his car getting towed non-stop, throughout the whole game.

I'm predicting a Packer vs. Patriots Super Bowl. With these two offensive juggernauts going head to head, the Super Bowl should be a wild one.

youarewhatyouis said:
^^ yeah, Patriots vs. Packers in Super Bowl.

cravNbeets, are you talkin about the press conference where TO got all choked up and started to cry?

yeah thats the one. im just waiting for coors light to make it into a commercial

I pray to the football gods that Green Bay does not make it to the Super Bowl. All we need is 2 weeks of dumbass NFL analysts slobbering all over Favre's wrinkled pole. I can see it now, forget the game, we need to talk more about Brett "The Prince of Peace," "Captain America" the "Immortal" Favre! Did you know he can walk on water, hand-feeds starving children in Africa during the off-season, and can melt steel with his mind (at the tender age of 63)? I haven't seen such hero worship since the days of Hulkamania...:! :p

....and especially if is FAVRE v BRADY!! OMG football analyst's wet dream...two superheroes in one game!!! they are both so handsome and good and AMERICAN, GODDAMNIT! ughhhhh, I'm cumming, and it's red, white and blue!

axl blaze said:
on the sidelines Tom Coughlin looks like he is watching his car getting towed non-stop, throughout the whole game.

I laffed.

if you can read lips or at least pick up the gist of what they are saying coaches must be even funnier than they usually are.

i think i see coughlin saying "what was that?!?" at least five times per game.

for sure! after that last gmen v. pats game i honestly believe the gmen have a chance to beat them if they hang in tough. i would love to see it. if not, a gmen v. chargers game would be great because i'd love to see eli dog that low class piece of shit rivers.

but i can't go dismissing the packers because they are a great team and i am so happy for favre having such an amazing year. i want my team to win, of course, but i have mad respect for the opponents and you won't hear sour grapes from me if the pack represents the NFC in the superbowl.