• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

*** NFL Playoffs ***

if you had to read about how eli was a bad choice for QB in three newspapers a day for nearly four years, while he was compiling stats that were not too dissimilar to the beginning of both peyton's and phil simm's careers it would wear on your nerves too.

besides i cant stand brady because he comes off as an arrogant asshole. nobody ever said he couldn't play ball. he's one of the greats.

oh, and in case i didnt say it enough times THE GMEN ARE GOING TO THE MOTHERFUCKING SUPERBOWL!!! (and i have a bad hangover)

wow, the NFC championship was an amazing game. But I don't know what the hell happened to Favre in the 2nd half. I never doubted that the Giants were a good team, I just didnt think there was any chance that they could beat the Packers at Lambeau, but here we are.....

And I really don't think that the Super Bowl will be a blowout, even though everyone is already assuming that it will be.

yep yep, favre kind of shit the bed in the second half. let's face it, the packers aren't the cold weather team that they used to be.

simplytaylor said:
let's face it, the packers aren't the cold weather team that they used to be.

Let's face it, the weather simply during the game simply wasn't as much of a factor as everyone was sure it would be. They could have played that game anywhere and the Giants would have won. They are just playing better football right now.

JerryBlunted said:
if you had to read about how eli was a bad choice for QB in three newspapers a day for nearly four years, while he was compiling stats that were not too dissimilar to the beginning of both peyton's and phil simm's careers it would wear on your nerves too.
boo hoo. you love to bash the pats but can't take a little heat on eli...
JerryBlunted said:
besides i cant stand brady because he comes off as an arrogant asshole.
that's an interesting comment. you can say a lot of things about the patriots in general and brady in particular but "arrogant asshole" isn't one we hear a lot.

i think that the patriots are about as close to the humble as you can get in professional sports. i'm interested to hear some expansion on why you think he's an arrogant asshole, particularly with a few examples.

alasdair

alasdairm said:
boo hoo. you love to bash the pats but can't take a little heat on eli...

As I said before, I'm not even a Giants fan, but Eli has taken much more than "a little heat" here in the New York media (which I think JB is talking about). From calling him "She-li," to the constant comparisons to his future hall of fame brother, the criticism has not stopped since the moment he got to New York. Only after 3 playoff wins is Eli getting ANY credit as being at least a decent QB. Shit, I bet a lot of teams wouldn't mind having Eli as their QB...I'm a Jet fan, and I'd take him in a second over the guys we put under center.

alasdairm said:
i think that the patriots are about as close to the humble as you can get in professional sports. i'm interested to hear some expansion on why you think he's an arrogant asshole, particularly with a few examples.

alasdair

I agree. I have never never seen Brady come off as anything but humble and professional. As a whole, the team is pretty classy. The only unlikeable people associated with the Pats, in my opinion, are Rodney Harrison (never shuts the hell up; dirty player; cheap-shot artist) and Coach Belichick (cocky, plus all the whole "spy gate" shit). *edit: I forgot Moss is on the team. A lot of people find him unkeable, but I never really had a problem with him.

Interesting:

SI Players Poll, 2006
[Based on a survey of 361 NFL players]
Who is the dirtiest player in the NFL?

Rodney Harrison, Patriots.....23%
Joey Porter, Steelers.....6%
Jon Runyan, Eagles.....6%
Warren Sapp, Raiders.....5%
Kyle Turley, Chiefs.....4%
Hines Ward, Steelers.....4%
Sean Taylor, Redskins.....3%
John Lynch, Broncos.....3%
Kevin Mawae, Titans.....3%
Olin Kreutz, Bears.....2%

Last edited:
*sigh* i think the packers knew that i was snowboarding instead of watching the game. i've kind of lost interest in the superbowl now. congratulations and good luck to new york.