• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

*** NFL Playoffs ***

How about them New York Football Giants? Eli Manning had an excellent game, Ahmad Bradhshaw helped cement his future as a hard running elusive back, and the D was generally pretty good with a couple clutch turnovers. Corey Webster, who I can't stand, had a great game as well.

Next stop is Dallas, a team the G-Men always play close. I feel really good about this upcoming game and am just really happy to see Eli achieve some success that the over-hyped naysayers in the tabloid press can't dismiss. I'm very happy for him and I hope this will give him the breathing room he needs in order to develop further.

The swings in both Saturday games were insane...things changed dramatically in like 2 minute spans in those games..very entertaining...I'm interested to see if San Diego can live up to the hype and beat up on the Titans like they should, or will continue to crumble when it counts..

JerryBlunted said:
I feel really good about this upcoming game and am just really happy to see Eli achieve some success that the over-hyped naysayers in the tabloid press can't dismiss. I'm very happy for him and I hope this will give him the breathing room he needs in order to develop further.

I'm a Jet fan, but have always thought that the press here in NY are way too harsh on Eli as well. I hope this win shuts them up for a while. Even though the Jets are my team, I will root for the GMen during the playoffs.

atri said:
i was rooting for the steelers axl i really was. :(

Big Ben played like shit. Sorry Steeler fans, but that game shouldn't have even been close considering how poorly the Steel played. I think Pitt needs to inject their defense with some youth during the off season, and maybe pick up another wide out, as Hines Ward's productive days are numbered.

In retrospect, I guess the Steelers made much more of a game of it then I thought they would. Without their #1 runningback, the Steelers still competed quite well. I guess that in itself is worth noting.

Last edited:
it was a pretty dismal game to watch, even though we came back and should have won it at the end. Roethlisberger's three INTs in the first half were inexcusable, but then again he did not turnover in the second half and the Steelers forced two Gerrard INTs in the second half. the only difference between the Steelers D this year and last year and the Super Bowl year before that was Joey Porter had been traded to the Dolphins. I suppose he was our defensive leader and it shows, as even normal great Troy Polamalu had only a mediocre season (he should not be Pro Bowl, even if he somehow makes it).

I thought that the Steelers should have won one playoff game this year, and I would have been remarkably happy. since everyone was so about the Ravens and the Bengals in the AFC North, I think new head Coach Mike Tomlin did a decent job at his first stab.

however, he will soon realize that we are Steelers fans and we are used to getting to the AFC Championship every year, at least, no exceptions.

2nd round matchups:

NFC:

New York Giants

@

Dallas Cowboys

Seattle Seahawks

@

Green Bay Packers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFC:

San Diego Chargers

@

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

@

New England Patriots

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those look like they should be four amazing games, I am looking forward to every one of them. While the first round provided some quality football, I don't think there were too many surprising finals. The Giants were the only underdog that won, and they weren't a huge underdog by any stretch. Do you think there will be any major upsets next week? I think both the Seahawks and the Giants have a good shot at pulling off an upset (I'm a little more confident in the Giants). The Jags and Chargers have a little more of a difficult challenge, but I could see either of them pulling off an upset too.

Which games are you looking forward to the most? Who are your picks?

Giants/ Cowboys and Chargers/ Colts are the games I am looking forward to seeing the most.... I will post picks when I see the spreads for the games.

=D Hooray (once again) for NFL playoff football! =D

It will be tough to beat green bay at lambough field. I think the cowboys are vulnerable especially if they dont have T.O.

drew345 said:
It will be tough to beat green bay at lambough field. I think the cowboys are vulnerable especially if they dont have T.O.

I have a feeling that Owens will play, but the Cowboys are definitely inconsistent and vulnerable in this spot. The Giants have played them tough and know them well.

The Seahawks don't impress me much this year, especially without any kind of legit running game. If the Packers don't make a ton of mistakes, I expect them to win pretty easily.

Cowboys over Giants
Seahawks over Green Bay
Chargers over Colts
Pats over Jaguars

I'm so glad SD won, that means JAX will head to NE. So, we have a good team, JAX, which I think might have the ability to beat NE, and if not, a healthy Indy has a shot, two shots to beat NE makes me happy, cause I don't see an NFC team doing it in the bowl. Go ANYONE against the Pats. Lol.

and maybe pick up another wide out, as Hines Ward's productive days are numbered.

dude, you're crazy. and ben had a nice second half, he sucked hard in the first. i think drafting a wideout would be the worst choice ever, give how our D and o-line are fucking horrible.

i think the giants and cowboys both potentially could beat NE, but clearly the pats are the most dangerous team in the playoffs.

I can't wait for the Giants VS Cowboys game. finally Eli Manning has decided to let his balls drop as a QB.

my picks:

Cowboys over Giants
Packers over Seahawks
Colts over Chargers
Jags over Pats (have to have one upset, plus it would make a great story)

Robot J said:
dude, you're crazy. and ben had a nice second half, he sucked hard in the first. i think drafting a wideout would be the worst choice ever, give how our D and o-line are fucking horrible.

I agree and don't think a receiver the top priority for the Steelers, but Ward will turn 32 before next season, and his numbers have dropped the last couple of years. Don't get me wrong, Ward is a warrior, but Holmes is the future, and I think they still need to add some depth at that position. But you are correct, the o-line has some holes in it (I'm not sure which guys on the line are good and which aren't since I don't follow the Steelers, but I do know that Ben was running for his life way too much against the Jags), and as I mentioned, the defense needs some youth.

JerryBlunted said:
my picks =

G-Men over Cowgirls
Pack over Hawks
Colts over Chargers
NE over JAX

Straight up, these are my picks as well...

Against the spread I like
:

Seahawks +9

Jags +13.5 (I can't believe the line is this high; no respect for the Jags...however, the Pats do have the ability to blow anyone out at any time.)

Indy -9 (should be lower by game time)

Giants +9

I like 3/4 of the dogs, and wouldn't be surprised if San Diego covered as well (Indy is my weakest pick). Seems like these could be close games all around, but history tells us there should be a lopsided game or two..

nfc: dallas (assuming owens plays), green bay!
afc: san diego, new england :)!)

these are going to be some great games :)

much as i would love to see the giants take down dallas, i don't see it happening at dallas.

i think all the favourites will win these games: new england; green bay; indianapolis; dallas.

if i was betting, i'd put some money on jacksonville with 13.5 points - that does seem rather high. that said, football handicappers seem to be eerily good at setting the line.

alasdair

Pack over Seattle.
Indy over SD.
NE over Jacksonville.
NY over Dallas.

I hope all the games will be close and not blowouts.