• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun - Party Drug Puts 10 in Hospital - 08/03/04

edit: if your mate is og'ing feed him some speed, it will speed up his heart beat and keep him breathing
and call and ambulance. and dont be afraid of telling them what your mate has had, it makes their job alot easier
I think just the ambulance would be sufficient, giving someone more drugs when they're overdosing will just cause more problems. I don't think that it's necessarily the wisest thing to recommend giving speed to someone who is passing out from GHB. I do see what you mean though, and it seems reasonable to try and prevent someone falling asleep using speed, and when you're on speed the GHB doesn't seem to affect you as much... but I can also imagine people who are panicking and trying to revive an unconscious friend being a 'over enthusiastic' with the dose of speed required to do the job.

BigTrancer :)

PS: Leave the G at home...

who gives a shit what people are calling it - fact is a lot of people are are taking G without being properly educated - that is what we should be angry about , not what it's being labelled.

In a wrap-up of today's fallout from Sunday night's disaster.

Summary
  • Police arrest eleven (two charged) after raiding room in East Melbourne hotel and finding G and other drugs
  • Victoria police plan to meet this week with party organisers
  • Media highlight the lack of onsite ambulance at the party (paramedics were not notified about Two Tribes in advance) and the absence of Ravesafe
  • State Government considering bans on future dance parties at Melbourne Park
  • Police considering new measures to prevent and combat drug use at venues (including increasing the infiltration of such events to stop the use of G)
  • Future and promoters still to give public comment

The Age:

A nasty substance at the bottom of the hit list

12 overdoses as drug hits dance festivals

(Infographic) A dangerous high

(Your Say) Tell us what you know about GHB. What can be done to prevent accidents?

Herald Sun:

Editorial wants to know why Ravesafe weren't there.

Party drug leaves 10 unconscious

Teen a regular GBH user

ABC Online:

Police drug unit seeks rave meeting

Nezo i agree with you to an extent... not really a problem calling it GBH, just annoying. Education is much more important...

HAVING SAID THAT I completely agree with Juvenile. Calling GHB GBH is not going to directly cause serious problems, BUT calling it Liquid Ecstasy could lead to more members of the uneducated public to treating GHB like MDMA, and take education backwards... this IS a very serious problem. Calling it Liquid E is really feeding very harmful misinformation, when lack of facts is already a huge problem.

After all this in Melb really has me worried about Perth. GHB is slowly trickling over here and the level of education is zero. Other than friends who travel east regularly i only hear to G being refered to as Liquid E and/or Fantasy.
I really feel like I should hold a bloody information evening for every occasional drug user I know, because otherwise it is only a matter of time before one of them is drunk gets offered G and dies.

I thinks its time bracksy pulled his head out of his ass and realised we have a problem here. I think its time he gets some education out there to the young people. Lets face it steve drugs will never go away just like your corrupted police force.

Lol all you Melbournites will appreciate this one...

Maybe instead of reading books to primary school children Mark Latham could read Bluelight information on G to them! That would kill two birds with one stone methinks...

It just disappoints me beyond words that this kind of thing hangs such a dirty cloud over the whole scene. It really is hard for non-educated people to see the scene in a positive light when incidents like these never fail to be blown up in our press. It is a shame that the irresponsible few tarnish the reputation of the exceptionally well educated and well behaved many. SOME people seem to think it’s a big game and that being cool is all about how much you can take and how fucked up you can get. My respect goes out to all the people who share their knowledge, who try to make a difference by looking out for others and who help make the scene a more enjoyable and safer place.

And to those who just don’t give a shit ……… go back to the pub!

i'll be on HACK this arvo talking about this

thanks p_d, now I'm shit scared I am going to pronounce stuff wrong. I always fuck up butaneidol. :)

Hmmm - if only everyone at 2Tribes had read the fantastic GHB FAQ on bluelight.
Also - Ravesafe were at Earthcore, with one reported GHB OD, but not at 2Tribes - 12 ODs. Coincidence??
Final note - media love hype - of course they are going to call it 'GBH', it's zingier! Check out "Synthetic Panics" (Jenkins 1999) for a good analysis of media portrayal of drug use. Also even a timid search of BL archives reveals media articles damning the 'new' drug terror that is GHB from several years ago. The consumers have a short attention span and an even shorter memory, apparently...

i just saw channel 10 news they refuse to call the drug by its PROPER NAME!

Besides that they are trying to come up with ways to curb G use in Aust... me personally i say name and shame people who OG to keep them out of raves/clubs. (I have no sympathy for anyone who does G, most people know enuff about it to stay away from it :X )

I am sure other people in here have some good ideas.....

Cause all G is going to do is draw attention to a culture that doesn't like or need a media spot light that we have expieranced in the last few days, if people keep getting G'd up from the feet up its only going to kill the rave sence. And who wants that? 8(

GHB

I'm a Melbourne-based reporter with the ABC's 7.30 Report who's working on a story about GBH. I'm not out to exaggerate or sensationalise its use in the dance community, but from my reading of dance music forums like this one many people agree that it's bad stuff, with a dosage that's difficult to quantify, and people should not take it.

I'm looking for anyone who's used GBH to talk on camera about it. This can be done in silhouette so that the person is not identified. Is anyone able to put me in touch with someone who's had experience with GBH ? ... I understand the sensitivity of what I'm asking so you could just give them my phone number at the ABC in Melbourne which is 9626 1423 ... otherwise they could email me – [email protected] … to arrange a meeting … thanks for your time

Just heard the TripleJ Hack interview with Johnboy.

Really really good. Sensible, factual and not getting caught up in the media hype.

Really really nice job/thanks to Johnboy for that - Bluelight came off sounding very valuable and a "good thing".

Thanks.

its disgusting to see so much misinformation in the media, and even worse, how 1,4B has become the new trendy drug.

1,4 is not a drug for the masses, and as Sllip was telling me, its hopefully gonna become the new herion. i'm glad there is so much in the news about it because it will eventually drive the drug underground.

dont get me wrong, i love the stuff, but i know the rules. most ppl dont, and thats why it shouldnt be getting around at raves. even the dealers dont know what theyre selling, and its usually concentrate.

this whole issue makes me sick really.

If everyone who did drugs, drank Alcohol instead, there would have been a lot more then 10 people omitted to hospital, more like 10 dozen.

As far as I know, there wasn't one fight all night. Where as, you go to your local night club on a Saturday night, and there's bound to be a fight, or someone causing trouble due to Alcohol.

The fact is, the media doesn't give a fuck about anyone. As long as they sell the story and get the ratings, they're happy.

Rubbish

I've just downloaded "Triple J - Hack - GHB Overdoses - 8th March, 2004" and I really have to say that something is wrong. It's such rubbish that I don't even have to point out what so stupid about it, listen and laugh.

Mr Bunworth.....You could start by getting your stories name right! :) Ive never tried gbh, perhaps you mean GHB :)
Btw...great interview JB. :)

Last edited: