• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun - Party Drug Puts 10 in Hospital - 08/03/04

Can see why people are turning to it, its so cheap for a hit. With the way alcohol is priced its no wonder people are turning to ghb, u can get fucked up of and it aint gonna hurt the back pocket as much.

^ Unless you need a ride to hospital in an ambulance and don't have ambulance cover which could cost the best part of a thousand dollars... it's worth being paid up.

BigTrancer :)

True dat, one of my friends had the great idea to pass out on G in his tent during a 40 degree day at a bush party, he had to be raced to hospital with chronic dehydration only to find out his ambulence membership had run out a few weeks before and he was slapped with a $5000 bill, plus someone tipped his months wages which he "invested" in G... Ended up quite an expensive weekend 8)

i'm also starting to think that this huge press coverage is a good thing for g, as maybe it will drive the drug into the ground, making it held as a "scary" thing not to be tried.....then so many fucking idiots wouldnt take the "more is better attitude".

i have read so many things over the past week about g, so much bullshit that it is "new" and that this is the first instance of it. what a crock of shit. true, that 3 years ago g was around, but not many people were doing it at commercial events, certainly not as commonly as people are today. i know people that think g-ing out is cool, that being taken "almost into a coma, is a different better kind of high" ?!!! someone *an unreliable source however* told me that 3 people every week get taken to hospital ....how can people be so fucking irresponsible?(this is someone however that is proud of doing 50ml of concentrate in 2 days) its the people that have no fucking idea what they are taking, the people that go overboard with everything and take 10 pills a night instead of two....its sad that people that are careful, that take the embarassment of going to buy a syringe from the chemist to measure their g, that write "ghb" on their hands just in case, will never ever be recognised for being responsible, and trying to make others do the same.....

i am glad that someone *stynes* that has some media presence has written something that is somewhat true to the scene and knows exactly what is going on in this 'world'. this isnt a new problem, i saw three people within a space of an hour taken to medical from g related od's at a similar event at rod laver late last year.....

yes g is a very big problem and it will continue to be whether events at melbourne park are banned or not. but like someone else said in this thread, get 20,000 people into an event with vodka shots for $3 a pop and lets see how many alcohol poisioning and other alcohol related hospitalisations there are......i'm actually surprised that only 10 out of 20,000 people od'ed...... i wonder how many other idiots g-ed out but didnt bother to go to medical? oh well like the "ice pipes" and other drug incidents this will all blow over never to be heard again until the next big event....i'm just glad that dickhead muzza's like their coke way to much to bother with a cheap drug like g, otherwise we would have fucking 5,000+ od's to deal with 8(

[edit] Venue details unrelated to article removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
....i'm just glad that dickhead muzza's like their coke way to much to bother with a cheap drug like g, otherwise we would have fucking 5,000+ od's to deal with
'

Ha you read my mind :)

I would be scary if they do start to get into it... they all go hard cause they all think they are heros.... Heros + G = 8(

"i'm just glad that dickhead muzza's like their coke way to much to bother with a cheap drug like g, otherwise we would have fucking 5,000+ od's to deal with."

How the fuck do you know that they aren't already using it.
I am probably as far from a muzza as anyone can get, but I happen to work with a few who tell me that G is becoming very popular among there clubs and alot of them are using it. A trend that I have also noticed in the rave scene lately.
It was the same with Ice when I noticed it becoming more and more wide spread in the melbourne rave scene, it was becoming more and more popular across the whole clubbing scene, not just ravers.
The 'muzza's' you talk about are on the same drugs as everyone else, they are just dickheads to begin with.

Last edited:
how do i know they aren't already using it?? Because we would have had far more than 10 OD's last weekend if they were.....

well for a broad generalisation most of the *muzzas* i'm talking about -the dickhead coke fiends (go look at definition of muzzas in social, im not just taking about 'wogs') who think more is better for ANYTHING, would be doing the "tough" thing and saying "oh i dont need to measure out in mls...ill just take as much as i need too....more more im so tough" and therefore ending up in OD.......

thats how i know the dickhead "muzzas" arent using it....because they are the people that are irresponsible drug pigs.....

^^ FYI- Body-builders (aka "muzzas") were using GHB long before any sanctimonious self-righteous ravers even heard of the stuff. I find your prejudices distasteful...

^Its true GHB has been in bodybuilding circles much longer than in the dance community, I also think Bodybuilders generally would use it in a safer environment at home for the supposedly growth hormone releasing effects.

I know a lot of what you call "Muzzas" from the clubs I work in. They have known about and been using G for a long time.
Maybe because you stereotype them as being stupid you think they would all od.
I'm not saying they don't but maybe they are actually smarter than all the kids who've been od'ing recently!!!
*Not necessarily my opinion simply a different point of view*

I have been following this whole issue since it started and have been asked a lot of questions by a lot of people, some of which I have answers to and some...not.

I can only offer my opinions on this issue and here they are:

1) There is now a sense that there is a "GHB issue". Is there one? well clearly there are a number of high profile events which have focused media attention on GHB. There are people dying of GHB overdoses although not at the rate of many other drugs. More importantly, G is causing a social impact, affecting relationships and causing strain on the public health system. It is likely that this is going to be of greater short term damage than some astronomical number of deaths, however, if the level of G overdoses outstrips the ability of healthcare resources to cope with them, then that possibility exists.

2) The "GHB Issue" seems to be polarising people and creating divisions within many suibcultures in Australia including, but not limited to the raver community and the gay community. You only need to look at the range of posts on this forum to see that.

3) To blame one group or one cause for the "G issue" or individual events such as the Two Tribes incident is over-simplified and does not capture the multi-faceted scope of this issue. It is likely that many things could have changed the situation at two tribes but to just point and say more medical services or more harm reduction is purely speculation. The only thing we can say for certain would have affected the outcome was the personal choice of 12 attendees about what they did with their bodies. Harm minimisation or better medical planning may have made a difference, but may not have changed the chain of events which led to the overdoses, just mitigated them more effectively.

Recently I sat in a meeting with basically all of Sydney's top experts on G. In three hours we could not find a quick and easy solution to the "G-Issue" - and if we did I would then try my hand at walking on water or parting seas. It is then likely that no individual is likely to "fix" the problem with a few short postings. However, by collectively being aware and asking questions, we can all, no doubt, affect the course of the "G Issue" in a positive way. It will take time and may be a painful road. Remember, 25 years ago noone thought that not wearing a seatbelt was dangerous, there days we have 1/3 the amount of road trauma deaths than we had then. The more people talk about it, the more they will ask questions and hopefully the more they will find the right answers.

G users may be well educated or not well educated. They may think they are using responsibly or not really care. All we can ask is that people consider the consequences of their actions to everyone whenever they make a decision about their lives.

Cheers,

Buck