• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald Sun - Party Drug Puts 10 in Hospital - 08/03/04

i'm listening to JJJ (hack) now .... seems a bit sensationalistic .... they sure get some freaks to call in.

Last edited:
Yeah, pity. Steve Cannane (spelling?) is actually really good/reasonable. I guess you can't really control the people calling in though.

Hah... and what about this quote from that article?!?!

He said GHB, which was a ``relatively cheap'' at $3 a gram compared with heroin at $50 a gram, was mostly being made locally.

(mods: i realise price discussion is not allowed but that is just plain fiction!)

Just another example of the press feeding the public bull shit and goes to show the journo obviously has no fucking idea what they're writing about.

Ch 7 in Melb had it as the top story, called it GHB & GBH & G

Oh dear :(

GHB is attracting so much attention I get the feeling something has to happen... Be it tighter penalities or controls on precursors, some politician is going to manipulate repeat incidents like this. :\

I think the news people got it wrong coz the cops did, that copper made a press conference and stated the name wrong so it went from there. They also reported about 12 arrests related to this.

ok im patheic at letters and essays and so forth, but if anyone can be bothered i would suggest they send a letter to the editor of the newspaper to clear things up i.e the actual name, and how ppl who blow out usually have no clue and are experimenting without knowing what it is.... and if it doesnt get published and there is no appology made i suggest we all spam mail them =D

www.news.com.au have another update

www.news.com.au have posted info from dancesafe.org - a step in the right direction (I think)

Facts about GBH
March 8, 2004

SOME facts about the party drug known as GBH.

WHAT IS GBH?

GHB (Gamma hydroxybutyrate) usually comes as an odourless liquid, slightly salty to the taste, and sold in small bottles. It has also been found in powder and capsule form.
It is classified as a sedative-hypnotic, and was originally developed as a sleep-aid.

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

At lower doses, GBH has a euphoric effect similar to alcohol, and can make the user feel relaxed, happy and sociable.
Higher doses can make the user feel dizzy and sleepy, and can sometimes cause vomiting, muscle spasms, and loss of consciousness.
Overdoses will always cause loss of consciousness (temporary coma), and will slow down breathing. Sometimes, and particularly if mixed with alcohol, GBH can slow down breathing to a dangerously low rate, which has caused a number of deaths.

WHAT IS THE DOSAGE?

It's hard to find the proper dose with GHB. A teaspoon might be okay one time, but an overdose the next time.
It depends on body weight, and how much food is in the stomach, and other random factors.
The effects are usually felt between 10 minutes and one hour after ingestion.
The primary effects last about two to three hours, but residual effects can last up to a whole day.
The effects may not peak for up to two hours, and many overdoses have occurred from people not waiting long enough before taking more.
Mixing GHB with alcohol or other depressants is extremely dangerous and has caused many deaths due to respiratory failure.

Source: www.dancesafe.org

AAP

here is the linkhttp://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8903760%255E2,00.html

a little education may save 1 life... who knows

That's very good news. It's nice to see the Australian media providing harm reduction education. I think I'll email them to say well done.

P.S. RaveSafe should still have been there. They always deal with a handful or more of GHB overdoses.

They're the same media group, Luko. I pointed out the inaccuracies that were reported re. the drug in my feedbcak email and invited them here for up to date GHB info next time :)

:( A girl I knew took this one night and went physo, it deffiantly made me not want to touch that drug. not that I wouldnt have anyway.

hope all that were effected are okay :)

A bloke I know wanted me to try this shit a few weeks back. Thank fuck I didn't, because I had no idea what it was. Unfortunately its taken me until today to find out how easy it is to OD on this stuff if you're uneducated about it - luckily I learned about it on BL rather than learning about it in the back of an ambo.

Keep it up bluelight: Education = safety

:|

I considered myself a highly educated at measuring g doses and I passed out in the streets of a nightclub (one year ago) purely because I was affected by the extreme heat inside. G at a club, never again. I'll only ever take it in an environment I can control, like at a house party.

i haven't heard any cases from the sydney TT on the weekend.. have any surfaced?
i remember seeing 2 people in a really uncool state.. one was being taken off by ambulance, some time after dawn..

personally i like the the stuff, but there are very stricked rules you should abide if you are going to take the drug.

1. if it's your first time have with someone thats experience (obious)

2.NEVER EVER mix it with alchohol, a safe rules is never have both of them in the same day. (same with weed or any downers).

this is how most blow out occur

3. some g can be more potent than others even from the same dealer so start with a small amount(<or=1.5). wait no less than 2 hours between charges. so remember what time you had your charge or put it into your phone, in reminders

if you stick to these rules you should be safe.
but no drug is ever really safe

edit: if your mate is og'ing feed him some speed, it will speed up his heart beat and keep him breathing
and call and ambulance. and dont be afraid of telling them what your mate has had, it makes their job alot easier

agnte said:
i'm listening to JJJ (hack) now .... seems a bit sensationalistic .... they sure get some freaks to call in.

I actually have met one of those freaks that called in. She was alright at the time till she had some more coke:D A friend and I gave her a lift home from the club she was working at one night. She actually told me the story about being given GHB and OD'ing word for word with what I heard on JJJ.
But yeah I noticed they switched back and forth between calling it GHB and GBH. Idiots.

Why cant the media stop calling it Fantasy and Liquid ecstasy. I mean for fucks sake! A few years ago when I was younger and stupid I would have rushed out and bought something called liquid x thinking I was getting MDMA in drinkable form! This is just pure miss information! I accept they are trying to pad out the story by listing some marketing names for the drug. But if they are going to do this they could at least back it up by letting people know that it is not liquid MDMA and will not have similar affects. Why dont they liken it to alcohol huh? They both have depressive properties do they not? The public wouldnt accept such a comparison...

Fuck the media, they really are a bunch of cock suckers

end rant

Heard from a friend that two people OD'd from GHB at earthcore yesterday. Could have been more though!

Sor

i witnessed four of the ten (or eleven?) overdoses while walking around at two tribes. these were my main memories of the night... and it was fucked up to see. whole situation here makes me so frustrated. people really do need to be educated about GHB. there are too many people that aren't playing by the rules. more to the point, don't even KNOW the rules!

my 14-year-old sister tried GHB the other day, and thank god i told her everything she needed to know (thanks to BL faqs) because she didn't have a clue! neither did any of her friends for that matter. with the younger people like my sister, GHB is being treated just like alcohol. the dealer who sold to my sister had never tried GHB before, didn't know or tell them anything about it and pretty much seems like he's just trying to be 'cool'. because it was concentrate it made things even riskier.

people are treating GHB too lightly. it's like overdosing seems like such a far away thing, no one ever thinks it would happen to them...
with safe, educated use GHB can be lots of fun. people just need to understand what the hell they're doing.