• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NEW/FINAL at home (attempt) detox diary, general support, and advice thread.

I'm really glad to hear that that has alleviated some of your withdrawal symptoms. In regards to the imodium, it won't do either of the things that you mentioned but if it makes you feel uncomfortable thinking of taking too much then don't I suppose. This being said I still highly recommend that you would take at least three times the recommended dosage on the back of the bottle to get any sort of relief from it. Otherwise it really was kind of a waste of money. I think today and tomorrow are going to be telling days for you because that's the point where I know a lot of people lose determination and give in. I'm glad that you gave all your money to your girlfriend. I also recommend deleting dealer phone numbers from your phone which I know can be a hard thing to do. Even if you live in a city like me where you can go cop easily on the streets deleting numbers is a big step. You're strong and I know you can do it. I have school today and I'm not at work so I'll check your thread throughout the day and try to provide as much support as I can as long as you keep providing updates. If you need somebody to call I'm free to talk and I know how this s*** is. I know you have people or your girlfriend at least there with you but if you want to talk to somebody else pm me and I'll give you my phone number. Sometimes it makes a lot of difference to talk to somebody that's actually been through it and understands. Either way you doing great keep it up and do yourself a favor if you can suck it up and go for a walk or even a run any kind of exercise will really help. And after that treat yourself to a really f****** hot bath or shower. I still stand by my Epsom salt recomendation- that's my number one tool for withdrawals. I just live in the bathtub haha with a hot bath in Epsom salt in it it relieves almost every single physical symptoms from withdrawal at least for me

I have been taking multiple showers today, it helps a lot. I am going to try and eat something light. I really have not eaten the past 2 days.

Yeah, it's horrible and my girlfriend keeps needing me to drive her back and forth from school. It's hard enough to get up and use the bathroom much less drive to her school to drop her off and then pick her up. Ughhh

she just doesn't get it huh? That's tough in a relationship man. Sorry to hear that.. hopefully in the future maybe you will be able to have a more open relationship and she'll understand what you're going through once you talk about it a little bit instead of just trying to hide it. It's really worth putting in that time into ur relationship if you are serious about it.

Well anyways I'm on your side man I know you can do it. :)

How are you man? I know the answer to that is going to be "south of shitty" but I've followed this thread and I'm pulling for you. I'm 107 sober from a 10 yr opiate addiction with maybe only a years worth of cumulative recovery time during the entire span. I went CT off of poppy seed tea and kratom...so I've been detoxing from a number of different alkaloids all with their own special withdrawal flavor. I feel 100x's better than I did during my first couple of weeks of withdrawal. Like methadone (which I withdrew from in 2008) poppy seed tea (PST) is a powerful concoction with an extremely long half-life. Long story short, I hid my entire addiction, withdrawal and PAWS from my wife, family and friends. Only you good people know that I'm a recovering addict. I had to do all of this while buying a house, running a business and managing my newlywed marriage. It was the most difficult ordeal of my life. You are facing your own storm, it's different for all of us. The most powerful tool/medicine you have is your will power. Everything you're going through is a direct result of your drug use. YOU have the power to change that and in changing that one aspect of your life everything around you will benefit. The pain is only temporary but the benefits are long lasting. Imagine the future you can forge for yourself...You CAN do this...If I can, anyone can. Stay strong brother, praying for you.

Last edited:
I just want to feel better and I know the only thing is time that's going to do that.
I have that addict mentality that "w0w0mg, you can just use one more time - or hey just go score an oxy - oxy wont hurt you" but in the end I know it will just spiral me right back to using.
I am trying so hard to hang in there everyone I really really am. So far all I have had today was Kratom and xanax nothing else. I still feel pretty shitty but kratom DID help some of WD symptoms.
I just don't want to end up getting hooked on that. So I only bought a small amount from a head shop, I will not be ordering any more online. It's so expensive at these smoke shops it's not worth it, I was just desperate at the time. So I will not be continuing kratom once I run out. much love.
I hope I get some sleep tonight my LEGS ARE KILLING ME

Storm: What an inspirational story... thank you so much for sharing!!
w0w: hang in there... you are so right, one oxy will lead to nothing but frustration, pain, and darkness!! Patience is key right.... and each minute you stay clean is breaking that addiction!!

I really really enjoy following this thread and can relate with you on so many things that you're saying wOwOmg. I've flipped back you're at so many times I can't count and I really really feel your pain. That being said I've also gotten past the 3 day point many times and I KNOW you can do it as well. Not worth caving at this point man. You would just have to go through same thing again. I know you have the strength to last. And I'm going to keep saying this, but get some fucking Epsom salt!!! Trust me it will help with your leg pain so much and any other physical pain that you have right now.

I will try epsom salt - I hopefully it will help. Thank you for the support, it really does motivate me to keep going. Honesty, if it was not for this forum and the members I would never have been trying to get clean. Knowing that I'm not alone helps so much, and I never had really any support when it comes to my addiction. Thank you so much.

Update*

Today I am feeling a little better. Just anxiety and chills with some stomach issues.
I took only 2 grams of kratom I'm not sure if it helps or not (maybe it's just in my head).
I am trying to dose down on my xanax usage now. I have 3 mg left and plan on attempting to quick taper.

Much love.

Oh and my nose its running nonstop and I am sneezing 999999 times an hour. woooo soo much fun.
Hopefully, I am nearing the end of the WDs but you never know with these things, for me personally, I will feel like I am getting better than WAAAMM! I feel horrible the next day.

Trust me you are nearing the end if you are strating to notice the cold feeling and sneezing. For me I feel cold and sneeze for at least a month after most of my other physical symptoms pass.

Congrats on getting this far!! You got this thing!

I'm sure the sneezing is excessive and annoying. I sneeze a lot still and I'm at 15 and a half months :|

I never sneezed much, but the constant chills are horrible. I detoxed in south florida one time and even at the beach I was cold as fuck

don't give up, I haven't posted a lot in here and I sure as hell don't know anything about what you're going through but I've been keeping up with this thread because I find your story so motivating, if you can go through this then it helps me know I can get through what I am. I know you can do it just believe in yourself as much as we all believe in you!

You give up now, and start over at square one. Come on you know that!! I've given up after a few days before , get high, and then just feel terrible about it. Then what? Yes, you have to do the same thing all over again. Call somebody and talk it out. Go on a run or get some exercise and rethink it. Please don't do it I swear the feeling will pass and you will feel so good that you didn't bend to the urge. Update?

Even if you end up using today it doesn't mean that you failed. It often takes several attempts before quitting for good. I know that I told myself that I was going to quit every week that I was using.