• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

NEW/FINAL at home (attempt) detox diary, general support, and advice thread.

w0w0mg

Bluelighter
Okay, This will be my FINAL attempt at an at home detox attempt.
If I do not get thru this successfully this time without relapsing I will be going into a detox facility,
or if the withdrawals become too much for me I will IVC myself into the hospital.
I have no choice on getting clean due to probation appointment will be any day and I CAN NOT fail for anything.
I also wan't to get clean so bad, not just for myself, but for my girlfriend too.

The drugs I will be detoxing off of are:
Heroin (IV) and Xanax (oral)

My last dose of Heroin will be Sunday, February 14, 2016 around 8AM (eastern, usa).
My Heroin detox will be COLD-TURKEY.
For my Xanax detox, I will be doing a rapid taper.
My last dose of Xanax will be (estimated) Monday, February 15, 2016 around 8PM (eastern, usa).

I will NOT be taking ANY other medicines - I refuse to take anything else and I honestly just do not have any money to purchase anything.

This thread is just for me to give updates, what's on my mind, and any support or advice from other members from this site.
Support in the past helped me so much and always gave me strength and will power to keep moving forward.

My symptom updates will begin when I start feeling withdrawal symptoms.
I will also love to replies to any questions anyone might have.

I love you all, you're all my family and I can't lose another family again. I already lost one.

(Maybe a moderator could Pin this thread for me, just temporary, it would help me a lot I believe and give me a sense of determination and that this may help others too.)

Last edited:
Are you sure its a good idea to do both at once? I've only ever had very minor benzo withdrawal years before I got hooked on opiates, but heroin withdrawal is bad enough, won't quitting xanax at the same time just make it that much worse?

Are you sure its a good idea to do both at once? I've only ever had very minor benzo withdrawal years before I got hooked on opiates, but heroin withdrawal is bad enough, won't quitting xanax at the same time just make it that much worse?

I believe he's in a position where if he doesn't quit, he'll be facing consequences more undesirable than extremely intense withdrawal.

temoprarily stuck; I or another staff member will unstick in due time.

best of luck man

Dang... I wish you the best of luck OP. I've been stuck in similar situations. The really tough thing in this situation is that your coming off 2 substances at once, and they are the two hardest class of drugs to wd from imo... :( each of those on their own would make a tough at home detox

Also, do you literally have no money at all? Not even a credit card? Because doing a wd even just for 1 of these drugs even without just a few withdrawal aids is going to be needlessly tortutous.

The other question I had: are you sure that your PO is going to be testing for Benzodiazepines? Are you in the US? A standard 5 panel drug test doesn't include them (at least when I was being drug tested about 8 years ago or so) and your chances of succeeding in this at home detox are really much higher if you could just tackle heroin first and then Xanax after you are done with the heroin detox. I'm behind you either way , just thinking..

Looking forward to updates - best of luck .. things do get better..

Thank you everyone - and yes Capt. Heroin is right. I really have no other options at this time.
Today I took my last dose of heroin and it was not a lot so I am not feeling that good already.
I am not sure if it's just in my head or my tolerance is so high that my dose still didn't relieve me of my entire WDs.
I am starting to get anxious because I am about to be facing the inevitable.

Thank you Capt Heroin for Pinning it temporary. I am so grateful for that.

Much love to you all.

Dang... I wish you the best of luck OP. I've been stuck in similar situations. The really tough thing in this situation is that your coming off 2 substances at once, and they are the two hardest class of drugs to wd from imo... :( each of those on their own would make a tough at home detox

Also, do you literally have no money at all? Not even a credit card? Because doing a wd even just for 1 of these drugs even without just a few withdrawal aids is going to be needlessly tortutous.

The other question I had: are you sure that your PO is going to be testing for Benzodiazepines? Are you in the US? A standard 5 panel drug test doesn't include them (at least when I was being drug tested about 8 years ago or so) and your chances of succeeding in this at home detox are really much higher if you could just tackle heroin first and then Xanax after you are done with the heroin detox. I'm behind you either way , just thinking..

Looking forward to updates - best of luck .. things do get better..

I have no funds - I might have some funds tomorrow morning but it's no guarantee.
My PO will test me for benzos because that's what they tested for me last time and I failed
for opiates and benzos. I am sure they will test me again to see if I am still using them.
I am located in the USA and they normally do only a 3 panel test but they gave me a suprise
10-panel test. I passed every drug test until this last one. Irony can be so sad.

Thank you for the support, just keep me in your thoughts and I will keep you updated.
If it gets too bad I will go to the hospital, but I will try my best to just stay at home.
Much love

Do you have anyone to come and see you while you're going through withdrawals? like your girlfriend?

That helps a lot for me when I have people there with me or at least people to call so I can talk to them when I'm feeling really shitty. I get super emotional when I'm withdrawing off opiates or benzos and I always end up crying about some little shit I would have never normally cried over and it's nice to have someone there to help you out with some things as well.

Also just curious but how fast do you consider fast for your rapid detox off of xanax? When did you start tapering, and from what dose?

Not to state the obvious but if you could score a few bucks to get some lopermide that would help you out. I realize more than anyone though when you don't have the money you just dont have it. That is part of the reason I CTD last time I just got so tired of buying the lope and the whole deal. You think wow this stuff is really useful but when you spend all your money and chase it around after every relapse in the end it kinda feels like ehh whats the point the lope in that sense can be bad as the dope.

I replied to you on my detox thread but as I read through yours what we are going through is very similiar except yours is a lot more serious but I read about your current gf and just like mine she is straight edge going to school and doesnt do anything. Those are the ones we need to hold onto sadly she knows my past but doesnt know what I am going through now. Told her I was snorting pills if she ever new I was IVing it would break her heart and it would be over. Stay strong man I am on my 24 hr mark and feeling like shit. Vomiting, runs and sweats but mental park is really killing me. Keep us updated and dont cave in. Much love bro

Last edited:
Hi W0w: I saw your reply to my post on your other thread, so here I am to offer you my unconditional support and prayers. I see you have another poster, ethechamp, withdrawing as well, so that is great! In the past, when I went cold turkey, having support of other posters was key to making it through.
I wish you had a couple dollars for some lope and maybe some gatorade... they were the basic tools that kept me from dehydrating too much. I know you will get through this... you love your girlfriend very much and that is such good motivation! You don't want to be alone... trust me, I have been alone for several years, and it gives the pills that much more control of my life...they take away the boredom and loneliness. I will check your post a couple of times a day, at least. Peace, my friend.

absent minded,

My girlfriend will be here with me - and I honestly would rather detox alone because
I hate her seeing me go thru this and it stresses her out. She is a full time college student
and she doesn't need anymore stress because she is so swamped with programming
and school work.

My xanax taper will be VERY rapid, which I am aware is dangerous but I have no choice
because I can not get anymore, and I need all these drugs out of my system fast.
I was doing roughly 6 to 8 mg of xanax daily - I have dropped A LOT the last couple days.
I am now doing around 2 MG and will be out by tomorrow, and that's when the WORST
of the heroin withdrawals will begin. I am so scared but I know I need to do this.

RufusWayne,
As for lope, I know it helps a lot with withdrawals and even if I did get it, I am too worried
about getting hooked on that or it prolonging anything.
I know this is going to be a very intese withdrawal and possibly dangerous but I
have no choice. I took my last dose of heroin at 8AM and I am already starting to feel
the withdrawals beginning. I wish I could just sleep thru it all but I know RLS and
the benzo withdrawals will be preventing me from getting any kind of sleep.

ethechamp,
I know if I can get thru this - you can too. Don't give up.
Remember, you're not alone. I am going thru what you're going thru,
just it's going to much more intense.

P0kemama,
Thank you for being there for me, I really need the support.
I will take it day by day and try my best to not let me mind get
over whelmed. Like I said, I am really scared because I do not
know how bad it's going to be. It seems to get worse and worse
each time I detox - and now I wont have any xanax, my anxiety
will be hell on earth.

Thank you all again for giving me your support and love.
I really need it.
I will keep you updated, because it also helps me mentally to
just talk about it, and vent.

Much love to you all.

Well at least if nothing else you have someone there with you even if she doesn't know then you can still feel good about it knowing you are protecting her like you say. I'm sure we have all done them alone and would pick having good company over that any day. So you got that going for you. Everyone is pulling for you and we know you can do this there is nothing to it now but to kick this shit and get your life back. Be happy that even though its hard you have a advantage that some don't you still have a life to go back to and at least someone who cares. Sending love and good vibes your way dude..;)

GL w0w0mg, I can't image going through W/Ds
I have been through minor W/Ds but not full on W/Ds.

Imo the chances of getting hooked on lope is so extremely low .. it will really up your chance for success.. seriously give it a thought. Borrow 5 bucks from your gf , sick it up and buy some.

Also you should be thinking of yourself and not worried about stressing out your girlfriend if she really loves you then she'll be there for you during your withdrawals. I'd say if there was any time to be selfish in that regard it would be now.

Thanks everyone one, if it gets too bad I might consider lope.
Right now I have been having aches and chills so far.. I can feel the withdrawals starting get worse..
I am hoping I can sleep tonight before RLS starts getting bad.
If I did decide to do lope, how much would I take?
I am still going to try NOT to take anything but like I said, if it just gets too bad I will consider it.

wow lol, when I used to moderate Other Drugs, stickying a thread made it virtually invisible

I guess that's because everyone over there's intoxicated, whereas we're all sober, so we read from the top down, not skipping the stickied threads. :)

I'm really glad you got a lot of feedback man and I'm wishing you the best of luck.

Thanks everyone one, if it gets too bad I might consider lope.
Right now I have been having aches and chills so far.. I can feel the withdrawals starting get worse..
I am hoping I can sleep tonight before RLS starts getting bad.
If I did decide to do lope, how much would I take?
I am still going to try NOT to take anything but like I said, if it just gets too bad I will consider it.

Start at 10mg and go up from there.

I would take 40mg then 20mg and so on even tapering down one at a time after you hit 20 if you have to, but Im sure that was overkill.Its funny that you say that Capn I had actually not noticed it up there lol and Im not intoxicated...