• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football NCAA Football 2019-2020 season vPAC-12 Eats Itself, B12 says hold my red solo cup

He's a "solid" back up. He's not gonna win us any games but maybe he will be able to execute plays to our other guys.

NEB goes down at COL?
MICH barely beats ARMY in OT at home?
TN is TN again this week!
F$U eeks out a win over a nobody in OT, by 1pt, at home?

I forgot...

KAN pays Coastal Carolina to come out and beat them as well 12-7 (Les Miles....c'mon man)
Boise St that beat F$U last week? Barely wins at home 14-7 against Marshall...
LSU lays some wood on a good TX team. I'm worried for when we travel to Baton Rouge this season (12OCT)
Cal upsets #14 Washington @ WASH 20-19? Nice.
USC loses a QB for the season and ends up rolling #21 STAN by a score of 45-21
San Diego State (Aztec shout out) goes into UCLA to give Chip Kelly a 0-2 start with their 23-14 win. Kelly isn't even trying. THIEF!!
That mean GaSt team that took TN to the ropes last week? Yeah, they hung on against Furman 48-42
MN travels to FresnoSt (WTF?) and survives 2OT for the 38-35 win?

In the minor leagues, AppSt hosts Charleston and earns a 56-41 win. Tell me that wouldn't have been fun to watch.

I love college football.

Now to week 3:

ARKSt @ -32.5 (3) UGA
Chattanooga
@ -28.5 TN
(2) Bama @ +22.5 USCe
AZ St @ -11.5 MichSt
(9) FLA
@ +8.5 UK
Lamar @ -43.5 (16) aTm
NWestern St @ -39.5 (4) LSU
SEMizz @ -34.5 Mizz
F$U @ -9.5 (25) UVA
(1) CLEM
@ 25.5 SYR
(5) OU @ +24.5 UCLA
N ILL @ -14.5 NEB

I'm thinking the spread is more than covered by UGA, BAMA, Mich St, LSU, Mizz, CLEM, and OU (Chip Kelly SUCKS!).

I'm thinking TN might lose straight up, but there's no way they cover. UVA will likely cover over F$U, and I like a scrappy N ILL team to perhaps upset @Neb if not beat the spread.

FLA @ UK....only giving 8.5? We still don't know what we have for UF, but I'm a homer, so I say we win roughly 24-10.

Also for your reading pleasure:

ESPN Bottom 10 Week 1

NSFW: It’s Meltdown Time! Week 1
(some highlights to save you the link click)

2-10essee
The grind of the SEC schedule is really hurting the Vols 3 quarters into the season.

Tennessee fans have left the chat
Everyone else has joined the chat

I’m going to turbo-drink a fifth of tequila and hopefully I’ll die
I gotta hand it to Tennessee. They let Georgia State crush them just so Alabama would have a worse strength of schedule

Time for the SEC to dump Ole Miss and Tennessee in exchange for Memphis and Georgia State

Tennessee fans: I wish we wouldn’t lose to Vanderbilt again
monkey’s paw curls
Loses to Georgia State instead
31khai.png

Ole Miss: we just had the most embarrassing week 1 loss in the SEC

Tennessee: hold my cousin

MIZZOURABLE TIGERS
Bro I’m straight up not having a good time
G5 > DepresSEC
Kinda spooky fact: In a span of seven days, Missouri, Arizona and Purdue have all lost to non-power 5 teams on CBS Sports Newtork. It’s A GODDAMN CONSPIRIACY BY THE MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE I KNOW IT
NCAA making Mizzou lose to Wyoming is next level punishment
The SEC and The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This game sponsored by your semiannual reminder that you are in fact a Mizzou fan. Add this one to the pile of sadness.

Wouldn’t be a mizzou game if I wasn’t saying fuck this season and fuck my life before the first half is over
They should be showing all these catheter commercials to the team bc they just got kicked in the dick so hard they’re gonna need a catheter.

I want to commit toaster bath

SITTING DUCKS
ESPN kinda savage showing the dad watch his kid throw his first college pick.

FUN FACT: Auburn won this game from a chemical/logo standpoint, as O cannot tarnish AU.
depressed quacking

I was wondering what force was going to win, the SEC having a bad week 1 or the PAC12 having a bad decade.

Fuck a duck

Dumbass yeeted when he should have kobed

TALKIN’ ‘BOUT THE LOLS

any hot, sad FSU girls out there, i am here for you.

This is what you get for scheduling Boise

End my shit please
The heat and humidity likely helped Florida State not lose as embarrassingly, maybe

FSU have two 18 point leads
FSU then allowed 25 unanswered to a true freshman QB-led offense in the last 20 minutes
Thank you Dorian for moving this to a noon game on ESPNNews, it deserved it

”Excellent execution by the Seminoles” weird that they’d talk about a self-execution this way but sure why not

Jimbo’s FSU:
1st half: a team of Leroy Jenkins
2nd half: the Monstars
Willie’s 2019 FSU: pretty much the same thing but in reverse

FSU 80-2 the past 15 years when up 15 going into the second half, Willie has both of those loses, I’m announcing my commitment to the #FireWillieTrain . NO INTERVIEWS
We’re going to be the next Tennessee. ...

NSFW: It’s Meltdown time! Week 2 — The Cries of Texas are upon you!

We’re in Week 2 of the season and already we’ve been gifted a bounty of beaUTiful meltdowns so early in the season. Not every early week brings such a harvest of sadness so let us enjoy the anger while it’s here.

Tennessee welcome back to what might become your permanent home. The Volunteers lost 29-26 in OT to BYU but that’s not the embarrassing part. With 30 seconds left and BYU at their own 20 down 3, the Cougars threw a 61 yard pass to get into field goal range and send it to OT.

Nebraska went into Boulder to take on the Buffaloes flooding the entire stadium with red shirts. Despite having a 17-0 halftime, the Huskers still went on to lose in OT 34-31. Though it might not have actually been Scott Frost day it sure did feel like it in our hearts...

BIG COW DON’T LIKE ITSELF
”I will fuckin’ go for it on 5th & goal! I don’t give a shit!” - Tom Herman

4th and inches against an SEC defense...
Texas: “Shotgun formation it is.”

I have Matthew McConaughey’s class and I know he’s gonna give us a quiz on Monday because of this game.
Ehlinger had 461 total yards 5 total TDs and no turnovers. If he did this against LSU, what the fuck is he gonna do to the Big XII? Probably lose to Kansas again

Mrw LSU throws the horns down
Dont mind us, just getting our quality loss

I am not alright alright alright

That will teach you. Nobody goal line stands texas 11 times in a row

MORE LIKE NOTSVILLE
My wife keeps asking if I’m okay because I’m not as upset as I usually am at Vols football. Little does she know that therapy and low expectations mean the Vols can’t hurt me any more
Maybe take a few years off like UAB.
I’m so old I can remember when Tennessee played football.
At least our rival Georgia State almost lost

Is raising your son up to be a Vols fan considered child abuse? Asking for a friend.

Tennessee had a 99.6% chance of winning this game with 31 seconds left in the 4th. ROCKY TOP, YOU’LL ALWAYS BE
.4% AWAY FROM ME

Tennessee just got beat by some poo poo

WHen u finally hit Rocky Bottom and still keep sinking

Man that was a close game. That D-II school really gave BYU a scare
Remember when Tennessee fired Fulmer because they were tired of winning 9 games a year? LOOKS LIKE WE GOT WHAT WE WANTED
How many more middle school kids will now get bullied for wearing a Tennessee shirt?

SAD CORN BOIS
Nebraska was at 96% to win the game halfway through. Yikes

This hurts Nebraska’s chances of staying ranked

Fuck my butt

sCoTt fRoSt fIniShEd 2018 sTrOnG
Nebraska needs to fire Mike Riley.

RIP Nebraska hype: offseason 2019- week 2 2019
Nebraska and the inability to finish a game. Name a more iconic duo…

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for two decades, shame on me.

AGGRAVATED AGGIES

Trevor Lawrence: breathes
Announcers: That’s exactly what you want in a NFL QB. In and out.

Jimbo vs Dabo: Battle of the ‘bos

Hopefully clemson puts 50+ pts on every other team they play so we can brag about holding them to 24 pts
Fuck our offense, marry the defense, kill the refs so they can’t hurt anyone else.

Also stumbled across this which I may read for the season:

#FML is for the Fan Misery Index - they have the 9 levels of fan misery, and teams move up or down based on win-loss streaks, margin of win, rivalry games, etc. Here is the 2018 season finale, which awarded F$U the Taggart Trophy for being the most miserable fanbase of the year.

Fan Misery Ladder 19.0: Pre-Season
The next FML will come out after the first full weekend of football, which means we’ll be back in a week and a half or so. In that time our heavy hors d’oeuvres include Miami @ Florida, a 42 oz grouper fillet seasoned with rivalry implications and served on a bed of 21 point possibilities. For your main course we have the Holy War and Colorado State @ Colorado, two delightful entrees to remind you that non-conference rivalries are, in fact, a thing.

Football is fun. Football fanship is suffering. Welcome to 2019.

Fan Misery Ladder 19.1: Rocky Bottom
  • Northern Iowa took #21 Iowa State to triple overtime on Saturday. In that third OT ISU put the ball on the ground on the 1 yard line, and in the ensuing scrum ISU was ruled to have recovered the football. The play was reviewed, and in that moment there was the glimmer of hope that we would see the first week one double-drop of the #FML’s brief tenure. Sadly, instead of a ranked team opening with a triple-overtime loss to an FCS team, the call was confirmed and ISU scored a touchdown the next play to win the game.
I believe in you, Cyclones. We’ll get ‘em next year.

Fan Misery Ladder 19.2: The Pac Delivers
This week was full of a lot of promised misery with no payoff. The Aggies flirted with a 21 point loss but then screwed around and covered the spread. The eyes of Texas were upon an upset of LSU but they couldn’t close the deal. For a while it looked like nothing of note for the FML. Then #Pac12AfterDark delivered us a discrete package full of recreational schadenfreude.

Fully 40% of the movement in the FML this week took place in the Pac 12. Only three teams from the Pac are still sitting at Level 3 while the rest of their peers are going supernova and making for the exits. We even have an unexpected new team leading the charge to the bottom in fun and interesting ways. Thank you, Pac, for making an otherwise dull week an exercise in running over your neighbor with a dockless scooter.

MID-SEASON RULE CHANGES
  • Last week’s board was bullshit and we all know it. Tennessee deserved a drop for the turd they dropped on Neyland, and they shall have it. Henceforth, losing to an unranked G5 team will constitute a one level drop on the FML. We shall refer to this rule as The Voluntierdrop, and it has been applied retroactively to the season and dropped several teams.
MISERY OF NOTE
COASTAL MISERELITES
USC delivered #23 Stanford a 25 point loss to an unranked rival, giving us our first triple-drop of the season. The gulf in the west coast between the Wins and the Win-Nots is increasing every day, as the cost of rent inside your opponent’s head continues to skyrocket. (This metaphor holds in that in both cases no one cares what happens in Arizona.)

MORE LIKE TERRORPINS SEND TWEET Maryland is averaging almost 18 points per quarter so far in 2019. Maryland. The Maryland Terrapins. Yeah, the ones who went to the Big Ten with Rutgers. This time they tuned up #21 Syracuse for 43 points, giving the Orange the ol’ double-drop and vaulting the turtles into Level 1. Enjoy it while it lasts, Terps. We’ve met.

COLLEGE KICKERS FUEL THIS PROCESS From the FML standpoint the Colorado-Nebraska game had it all: A historically successful team with fans primed for misery after talk of their hot new coach returning them to the national picture. A lesser rivalry of yesteryear. Most importantly, it had the Colorado Buffaloes - college football’s “meh” emoji - wandering through the first half in a haze, then waking themselves up with a bracing 96-yard fleaflicker and stumbling into a victory when a college kicker shanked one in OT. These games are why we watch (provided we are neither Huskers nor Buffs).

Great game last night tlb. We almost had it.

Sorry about your qb. Trask looks great though. Smith did too before he tweaked his wrist. He was phenomenal first half.

I was expecting a huge loss, was cautious not to get my hopes up when things were looking good, but I was still disappointed at the end.

Ah yeah, I thought it was a reference to a game yesterday.

What team do you support?

I felt less sick about this win than I did against Miami. This felt more like KY found a way to be KY and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Losing our QB is not something the fanbase that I'm connected to are real upset about. Most were wishing Franks would grow (he hasn't grown much in 4y, why would he in one week?), or the play calling would improve (it isn't) = basically not happy with Franks @ QB for the past 2y+ but not knowing what we have behind him (insert long string of 'injury prone back up' nicknames for Trask...more often referred to as Trash). Now we know, Franks was a team leader (as seen by the player support when he went down), even if he may or may not have been the best QB to be starting.

We tried to take some hope from Trask going in and bringing us back for the win, but a lot of it goes to the UK play calling, they were giving us those short passes - Franks didn't use them, Trask did. Ah well, new season starts today. Though, we had a fistful of other injuries...need to know how long some of those guys will be out.

I felt less sick about this win than I did against Miami. This felt more like KY found a way to be KY and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Losing our QB is not something the fanbase that I'm connected to are real upset about. Most were wishing Franks would grow (he hasn't grown much in 4y, why would he in one week?), or the play calling would improve (it isn't) = basically not happy with Franks @ QB for the past 2y+ but not knowing what we have behind him (insert long string of 'injury prone back up' nicknames for Trask...more often referred to as Trash). Now we know, Franks was a team leader (as seen by the player support when he went down), even if he may or may not have been the best QB to be starting.

We tried to take some hope from Trask going in and bringing us back for the win, but a lot of it goes to the UK play calling, they were giving us those short passes - Franks didn't use them, Trask did. Ah well, new season starts today. Though, we had a fistful of other injuries...need to know how long some of those guys will be out.

Didn't you think we looked awesome until the wrist injury? He started like 9/9 or something.

So how fun was last weekend....aside from UK-UF?

USCe hung for awhile with ALA, getting 23 pts against Bama which is a feat, but it's a damn miracle for a Muscan't team.

Penn State pulled out the home win against long standing rival Pitt in a 17-10 barn burner. I believe this was their 100th matchup, and they don't plan to play one another unless something weird happens someday.

UCF tore up STAN 45-27, giving them more talking head support as the best team in the state of Florida. Right now I say "maybe".

ArizSt goes to Sparty and walks out a 10-7 winner. So much for that #18 ranking MSU had.

Iowa hangs on to win 18-17 at Iowa state, another rivalry game that earns some attention.

#21MD goes down at lowly Temple 20-17. For shame terps, for shame.

UNC loses @ WF 24-18 in a non-conference conference game. :YAWN:

F$U eats another bag of dicks, losing at #25 UVA by a 31-24 score. I'm sensing a new streak here, how many years will F$U go without a bowl game, after the earned their last bowl by schduling a make up game against an FCS in order to qualify 2y ago?

VT barely gets by Furman at home, 24-17?

My (second) favorite game of the day, The Citadel 27 - GT 24. I have no affiliation or care for either, it's just that love for an underdog and the endless chatter of how nobody wants to play GT and their triple option....I guess The Citadel didn't mind getting paid for beating them in Atlanta.

EMU travels to ILL and comes away the winner, 34-31? Another little guy picking on the Big10+2. Go MACtion!

BYU punches #24USC in the nose and comes out the winrar 30-27.

K-State on the road at MissSt and takes the win, 31-24.

TN upsets (yeah, I said it) Chattanooga, squeaking by with a 45-0 margin. Let's hope that hyper inflates the Vol's expectations so they come crashing, thrashing, smashing to the ground next weekend, shall we?

All in all, a very entertaining weekend yet again. I'll be back to look to next week's matchups but for now, I still need to recover from the UK-UF game.

Didn't you think we looked awesome until the wrist injury? He started like 9/9 or something.

Awesome? No. Better than us by a noticeable margin? Yes. It felt like the playcalling for UK in the second half (both sides of the ball) decided to hang on to the lead rather than keep doing what they were doing that was kicking our ass. Was it the hurt wrist? Idunno, but they didn't pass as much (and we suck in coverage).

What struck me is a) the penalties (earned or not, for both teams), and b) injuries. We had our top pass rusher sit out the first half (weed does that, I hear) and end up in a boot early in the 3rd, along with Franks' freak leg injury. With Franks going out, I think we've had ONE out of the last 17 seasons where a starting QB made it thru the season. It's hard to build a program when every year is a QB switch part way thru.