• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movies about the Rec drug scene

basketball diaries, requim for a dream and acid house are the three most depressing movies I think i have ever seen.

instead I'd go fear and loathing or human traffic for something a little less serious and enjoyable. of course, if you've never taken drugs all these movies are bad to see, so dont show ur parents :p

half baked
how high
harold and kumar go to whitecastle

All absolute classic stoner movies i highly recommend all of them. Trust me you will be pleasently surprised byt harold and kumar go to whitecastle, its in the eurotrip/roadtrip class.

Blue Velvet

"Don't you fucking look at me!"

Very disturbing and twisted film, great for coming down after a weed binge...

miss_goody2shoes said:
yeah was jus bout to say what about "Thirteen" rather like that movie. N its more realistic in the way that it doesn't end with her cleaned up and everything all better again. hey just thought anyone have an idea wot that stuff the guy gave her to drink would of been? he had dreds I think n called it Voodoo juice? Totally irrelevant but had made me wonder.
Also 'Kids' to a lesser extent but hmm more bout teen sex.

i always thought what he gave her would have been GHB or something similar it could have been anything though.

the_ketaman said:
i always thought what he gave her would have been GHB or something similar it could have been anything though.

indeed
also, has 'Go!' been mentioned? probably...

mike0 said:
my favorite movies about the drug/underworld scene

spun (can be found in video stores - pretty new)
two hands (older aussie flick)
blow (a older classic)

and don't waste you're money on party monster, thats the worst fucking movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

OI I was going to post those 3 lol

requiem for a dream
fear and loathing in las vegas
thirteen

thats all i can remember off the top of my head

I didn't enjoy Spun. It made me feel seedy as fuck, which is probably exactly what they were aiming for. It was good in a 'can't look away' sense, but not exactly 'enjoyable.'

Requiem for a Dream of course.

I really want to see that 'Rolling' movie that has trailers all over the internet, hope it gets released someday, or at least becomes viewable online.

I saw requiem for the first time the other night. That shit is fucked up and depressing, not somethin im in a hurry to watch again. Especially when ive got people in my own family with fucked up eating disorders, was pretty harrowing.

Chumscrubber: meet generation RX

A kid deals pharms that keep every happy in school but one day that is no longer possible.. and people want their drugs. wont say much more.

Hard to find but webflicks has it.

Worth a watch, pretty weird and messed up in a way where it all comes in sync at the end.

Very surprised that Candy hasn't had a bigger mention...although I have never had a smack habit, I have seen them, and this aussie film is a good/sad story.
As far as fear and loathing goes, the book is about a gazillion times better than the film, with no disrespect to the makers or Depp, but Hunter's prose is so vivid, the visions on screen are superfluous, imo