Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Movies about the Rec drug scene

HaLo_FouRTeeN

Greenlighter
So I watched Groove on channel 10 last night, not a bad movie. It got me thinking, are there many other movies like this out there?
So far I've seen
*Sorted
*Human Traffic
*Go
*Trainspotting

What else is there I could hunt down?

Yeah cool thread, i love this genre of films, while its not a typical rec drug movie, its a bit more of a mix between rec drug and gangster movie is Layercake.

Its a new release if you get it from a vid store, i reckon youd enjoy it.

i didn't really like groove, it was too seteriotyped, my fav is reqium for a dream, brilliant, it shows the highs and the lows, it also shows the highs and lows of percription drug addictions too, a goody to have in your dvd collection, dont watch it come down thought, it'll only make things worse, whats spun like worth a look?

It seems to get mixed reviews. I liked it a lot. Don't watch it expecting completely a true or serious depiction of drug use though. And each character is total stereotype

nah, i never go into a a drug genre movie expecting the best, human traffic did it the best, have you seen requiem for a dream?

Yeah spun is pretty good, pretty funny but not in a comedic way if you know what i mean, definetly worth watching.

And as far as watching requiem on a comedown making you feel sad or depressed, just me personally i like it when coming down, its good when your straight so why wouldnt it be good when your are coming down?

Ive been trying to find Requiem for hire everywhere, but none of the shops here stock it.

when i'm on the way down, i take numous meds, panadene fortes and serapax, i actully like coming down at work, casue it take my mind off things, i had to calm down two years ago cause i had my first panic attack at a set of traffic light and i though i was going to die, then i relised that i was having em exatlly three and a half days since my last drop, so i go hella easy these days couplen times a year, and get my self in a real possitive situation, that why work helps, i am surround my meds which ease the pain, and that i am helping people tooo which fulli helps, cant sit around buy my self, cause thing overwelm me and put me in a bad place

look on ebay or a esoteric video shop, if in adelaide, track video has every thing

what about "fear and loathing in las vegas", thats a pretty spun out movie while on "stuff", ive watched it in a few different states and its a totally different movie each time hahaha :D

Requiem for a Dream is an incredible movie, I watched it first when I was coming down and it affected me emotionally like no other movie has before. Scared me shitless.
Human Traffic was good but it wasn't great, blow is good and trainspotting is great, Go isn't that great though.
The worst of the drug culture movies are those one's that centre around people smoking pot, you know those stoner movies. Stoners are about the least interesting group of people there is, so making a movie about them getting high and going to buy food, score a gram or whatever is generally pretty shit (ie. how high & killer bud= terrible movies)

I like the sound of spun though. IS it a new release?

my favorite movies about the drug/underworld scene

spun (can be found in video stores - pretty new)
two hands (older aussie flick)
blow (a older classic)

and don't waste you're money on party monster, thats the worst fucking movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

One perfect day I thought was a complete let down of a movie. I thought it would be a great movie about aussie rave culture but in reality it was pretty shite. Many movies about drug use often are though. Did anyone see traffic 2?

Traffic on the other hand is quite good

Spun was really fucked up. It totally made me feel like i was on meth. The way they express the mindset and general feeling of being 'spun' through the cinematography and camerawork is extremely well done. My heart was racing by the time the film was over. I had to do a shot of dope to bring myself back down. Good movie. Very well done. Fucked up.

edit: They made a Traffic 2? Traffic was one of the most well done works I have ever seen about the drug war. I loved the filter thing. A bunch of other movies have imitated it since.