• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modafinil Discussion

It pretty standard to get ya script for 300 dexies every 22 days.
Yeah Indian modafinil does cause nausea and doesn't work the same as Modafinil you get here. I wonder why the Indian stuff works different or whats in the Indian stuff.

Modafinil in Australia

Has anyone tried importing into Australia, or tried this in general as a study aid?

Also what are the legal implications of importing Sched. 4 class drugs without a prescription i can't seem to find any guidelines on this.

I know people who have imported it a couple years ago, in small quantities. My understanding was that it isn't technically legal, but in small amounts for low-schedule drugs they tend to look the other way... or they were just lucky many times (some of which even had the sticker saying it was opened by customs).

I found it has minimal benefit in terms of cognition (ie compared with dexies or other psychostimulants) but definitely helps you stay awake.

Modafinal is dead easy to get a script for and most doctors will prescribe it, only problem is it costs a bloody fortune. It did make a difference for me but not enough to warrant the price I paid

howd you get a script for it?

I thought you had to prove you had narcolepsy

im debating just buying a small amount from edandmore.com but still kind of new to this

From the Australian Medicines Handbook under Modafinil:

Indications

• Narcolepsy
  • Excessive sleepiness associated with moderate-to-severe chronic shift work sleep disorder or as an adjunct to continuous positive airways pressure in obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome

They also specifically state that it "may have less potential for misuse and dependence than amphetamine psychostimulants" so in theory it should be easier to get. I don't personally know anyone who has been prescribed it.

As long as it's less than a 3 month supply, customs will usually wave it through. Worst case scenario they seize it and you get a love letter.

I went to the doctors and told him I had ADHD which is true and although Ive never taken medication for it Id read about Modafinil, one of Modafinil off label benefits is for ADHD and as Modafinil has no abuse potential I got a script relatively easy. I didnt see a massive difference when taking it, and I havnt been back for another script. One thing I learnt while researching Modafinil is that the generic Indian branda, and some "legit" Modafinil sold by online vendors is shit and will give you a massive headache, so be carfeul when ordering from online pharmacies

Does anyone know whether a health care concession card will allow me to take advantage of concession prices?

If you want it under Medicare then it has to be authorized as either an initial treatment for narcolepsy (conditions apply) or continuing treatment. Otherwise it will be very expensive as others have noted.

Does anyone know whether a health care concession card will allow me to take advantage of concession prices?

Yes, if you have narcolepsy and dexamphetamine sulfate is considered unsuitable for your condition.

I really want to try this as i have a really demanding courseload at uni and i find im just not as productive as i need to be to obtain the results i want. I feel this substance would safely improve my cognition and alertness when combined with good study habits to gain an edge.

I worry though, if someone i knew were to import the substance from an online pharmacy, say 100 200mg provigil caps, if customs found it what would be the worse case scenario?

If someone i know got a letter from customs, would other members of my family know about it if it was delivered when i wasn't home?

What kind of conviction would you get etc?

Not all drugs listed on the SUSDP/SUSMP (http://www.tga.gov.au/ndpsc/susdp.htm the 'Poisons Standard') are listed as Prohibited Imports.

Possibly because the committees schedule things faster than amendments to the banned imports legislation can be updated. (For example piracetam was scheduled some time ago, and has not been added to the prohibited imports list - along with many other drugs that are schedule 4 under the Poisons Standard)

Just because it's not listed on the Prohibited Imports list doesn't mean that it's a grey area or legal. There are a lot of S8 drugs not on that list, for example, but would definitely be getting you in trouble if you tried to import them.

I'm fairly sure there is a clause in the legislation somewhere about what is needed to import a prescription medication. I can't be bothered to find the legislation but maybe someone else has the time to dig it up.

^ Yep that's the clause I'm thinking of probably; and I'm fairly sure that importing any therapeutic drug requires a permit from the federal Department of Health and Ageing. I'll see if I can find the legislation or find out more about it today if I get a chance.

I can't even seem to find that list of substances and the required permits that is around somewhere, but I did just wake up. I've only found the page that talks about requirements for passengers bringing in prescription medication.

Modafinil is patented (im fairly sure) and you cannot get a generic brand, if a website is selling it incredibly cheap then it probably isnt Modafinil.

As rm2x said, go get a bloody script, its easy but pricey. But dont expect miracles as I did, I expected great things but found it relatively useless when you consider the price. My advice is dont bother

^ It could be an illegal generic; in India there are quite a few companies that produce illegal generics of all sorts of substances, though you are gambling ordering them.

Modafinil is patented (im fairly sure) and you cannot get a generic brand, if a website is selling it incredibly cheap then it probably isnt Modafinil.

As rm2x said, go get a bloody script, its easy but pricey. But dont expect miracles as I did, I expected great things but found it relatively useless when you consider the price. My advice is dont bother

what if you dont have narcolepsy or adhd

what did you say to obtain one?

i also have some sulbutiamine in the mail, as i tried ani and oxi racetam with a choline supplement to no effect

Last edited: