• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modafinil Discussion

Isn't it called Modavigil here in Aus?

I am interested in trying it to see if you can function at the same level on only a couple hours sleep.

Hungry Beast ABC had a segment on it not long ago

I am interested in trying it to see if you can function at the same level on only a couple hours sleep.

That's pretty much how it functions. The stuff was a fucking life saver for me back when I was having issues with fatigue and energy levels.

It's an amazing drug, and given the low abuse potential and the mild side effect profile, I'm amazed it isn't more widely used than it is.

I tried modafinil a couple of weeks ago. A friend of mine gets it prescribed for shift work.

He gave me a few pills to try, because I'd been up most of the weekend (not on drugs or anything - just a bit of booze and a lot of insomnia). Had 4 hours sleep sat night and none sun night. The next morning I had to go to work and train a new staff member. At that point I was so tired I couldn't focus to the point of going cross eyed.

Had 200mg modafinil and, within 15 minutes, I was awake. Ran around, got ready for work, even tidied up after the weekend a bit. My appetite was instantly gone, however. It was a little like dexis in the way that I was feeling awake and productive. And unlike dexis in the way that I wasn't jittery or euphoric.

Had a couple of coffees as well - that seemed to go down ok. On the way to work (a couple of hours after initial dose) I started to get the focus thing happening again. So I had another 100mg. That seemed to be just the ticket. I didn't get any nasty headaches, as a lot of people reported with doses over 200mg. I was able to get through the day quite well and train the new girl, even though I was exhausted. I was feeling very productive most of the day, but towards the end this feeling started to slip away and I felt a little bit like I was coming down. But a very clean comedown. I had half a bar of xanax, that smoothed things out somewhat, but I wasn't feeling very sharp anymore. It was all good though, as my job was done and everyone in the office had stopped functioning anyway.

In conclusion, I really like modafinil, might try to get a script. I don't have narcolepsy or work shifts but I do suffer from insomnia, which makes me completely useless the next day.

This is a really old thread, but I wonder if anybody knows whether Modafinil would be acceptable to combat extreme daytime drowsiness and lethargy from methadone (180mg). I'm not over-dosed with the methadone, this dose is right for maintenance, and I've been on it for three years or so. As I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia as a result of Ross River Fever a several years ago, the drowsiness and tiredness is part and parcel, and was present even before methadone. BTW I was prescribed methadone when I developed addiction to Oxycontin, prescribed for the Fibromyalgia pain. It works well for this, no peaks and troughs as with the pills.. but I hate the stigma and whole lifestyle of MMT. More often than I should, I use duramine (adderall?) just to keep alert when I'm really flagging. I know it's bad for me, so I try to keep the dose low.. I'm just so sick of feeling tired! So.. does anyone know whether modafinil would be an option? Thanks. :)

i find modaphinil a great stimulant that does not scatter you, its amazing how clear of mind you can be after being awake for 2 days, the recreational value is minimal but the productivity value is immense

other than narco lepsy i have only heard it prescribed for shift workers, having said that know one i know has ever had trouble oordering it online and it getting through customs

I got a script 2 weeks ago from a G.P (who hadnt heard of it) I told her I was a shift worker and that I had heard about Modafinal being used to treat 'shift work disorder'.
Within minutes she wrote me a script for Modavigil (Aussie brand) and asked me to let her know how I went.

Firstly, wow, very expensive to fill.

Took 200 mg straight up and waited for this wonder drug to kick in. After about 45 mins I felt like I was experiencing the onset of a mild trip. Kinda like flashes of colours, tunnel vision, hazyness. But definitely nothing too severe.
After that (about 2 hrs) it seemed to wear off. I didnt feel awake or focused. I took another 200mg and an hr later I felt more stimulated, more speedy effect, but milder. I was more talkative, smoked more but felt on edge
like I needed the 'high' to come on more. I took another 100mg and 3 hrs later went to sleep. But I did notice that when I awoke the next morning I felt refreshed.
I repeated the same thing the next day and still no 'high'. I came to the conclusion that Modafinal just didnt work for me.
I figure Its because stimulants are my drug of choice and I have the 'recreational drug user' mentality, whereas I would keep using until I reached the peak I wanted to be at.
A friend of mine who doesnt use drugs popped 2oomg and was awake all night and said that Modafinal heightened his emotions and that he got a euphoric feel from them.

So now I try mixing them with stimulants to try and get the 'longer lasting stimulant high'. It does work, but its really not worth it considering the cost of Modafinal and how many you need to take to get to that level.
I guess all I can really say is Modafinal is NOT a recreational drug. Everyone Ive talked to about it has had their own unique experience from it, so Its hard to say what it will do for the individual.
I have even tried using them to take the edge off a comedown, but really havent noticed much difference.

In summary, I have 2 repeats left and doubt very much I will be wasting any more time or money on them.

Hope this helps anyone with info.

Dude...

This drug isn't designed to be used recreationally YO. If you research it enough you'll find that :).

Its pretty much just a pure stimulant. That will help you stay awake for longer, and with less side effects compare to like if you were an fighter jet pilot and you've been awake 5days and 5nights on dexys/meth/or any variant of that drug, YOU WOULD BE PRETTY PRETTY SKETCHY, Psychosis prone etc etc. Friendly fire and more.

I've also ordered some in, I can't wait to try it. I'ma use to to battle with my chronic fatigue/sleep debt caused by my long term use/abuse of stimulants (mainly Meth) I am over Meth really, but due to the chronic fatigue atm, I can not stop taking meth. If I do, I would just sleep for days weeks on end. With ZERO percent motivation.

Hopefully this drug does what its designed to do. <3

I shall start reporting back to this thread when I start taking them :)