• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modafinil Discussion

I haven't had a problem. Checked by customs etc. I suspect if you aren't importing bulk amounts and only for personal use then you will be fine.

if you're concerned just ask your GP for a script, most GPs' will prescribe Modavigil with no worries at all, and it means customs can't nab your Adrafinil when you get it sent over

We have several GP's that willingly prescribe it, and one did research and said if we wanted to save money he'd do us a script for Adrafinil and we could import it.

Just because you have no luck doesn't mean other people don't. It's all about going in educated, explaining what the reasons are that you want said substance, and not acting like a junky.
Because I am open with the doctors I see, I can get most things prescribed (within reason of course).

So bollocks to you!

We have several GP's that willingly prescribe it, and one did research and said if we wanted to save money he'd do us a script for Adrafinil and we could import it.

Just because you have no luck doesn't mean other people don't. It's all about going in educated, explaining what the reasons are that you want said substance, and not acting like a junky.
Because I am open with the doctors I see, I can get most things prescribed (within reason of course).

So bollocks to you!

gee! you must have wanted it real 'junky' bad if you were prepared to pay the non-pbs price?!?!

I've not imported it, the doctor suggested it if we wanted to save some money as the script costs a fair bit non PBS as you know. My Partner has been diagnosed with CFS, she undertook sleep tests and was about 1% outside of being narcoleptic, otherwise it would be PBS. She doesn't need to use it all the time, but when we have it at hand it becomes a life saver, less side effects than from phentermine or methylphenidate.

But it's much less hassle getting the Modavigil in Australia then having to deal with customs.

Next stop, Selegiline! =D

^ modafinil under pbs also requires the person to have a prior documented contradiction to dex!

this thread needs more bollocks :)

A-Load-of-bollocks.jpg

yes. modavigil has very very strict PBS prescribing guidelines. This is not because it is a drug of abuse but because of the cost to the government of providing the subsidy

I have a very good relationship with my doctor, have been seeing him for over 15 years. He was more than willing to provide a private script for modafinil. I went there, told him the truth, that I wanted to come off my dexies (ADHD, prescribed for 8 years by a C-hunt of a psychiatrist) but during the withdrawal phase i would need something to stop me falling asleep at inconvenient times (e.g when im driving). Just remember that your doctor is a smart person and it doesnt take them much to see through lies

I just got some Modafinil sent over from the USA. Arrived fine, thou it was not opened by customs. It's quite expensive but seems like a much better alternative for study than dexies or rit.

^ It can be but like anything both those drugs affect people in different ways so see how you go, your mileage may vary!

I thought there was less potential for abuse for modafinil, so I am surprised that dex is preferred to be prescribed.

^ Perhaps because modafinil is relatively new, and less well known amongst general practitioners? Or maybe the pharmaceutical companies that produce dexamphetamine are throwing a few parties and conferences on behalf of all those doctors. ;)

Haha, gotta love what is basically bribery right?
Good point about it being new. It wouldn't surprise me if its potential for abuse is higher than reported at the moment, but then again I can't really comment as it's not something I have had.

^ I haven't tried it either, from what I have heard though there is zero euphoria and just a sense of being awake and being able to concentrate. It sounds like it could be very useful, especially since I could very well have a soft spot for stimulants like meth or methylphenidate.

Regarding the pharmaceutical companies, they have been writing about them and their influence on doctors in The Australian the past week or so due to a court case I believe. One of the things they mentioned was that of the gifts they have given to doctors a life size skeleton kit is one of them - my GP has one of those in his office, next time I'm there I might ask where he got it from. ;)

My mums a doctor (dermatologist) and she get sooooooo much stuff from drug companies ranging from little stuff like pens and stress balls all the way to flying her to europe to speak at a conferance (which she was actually invited to speak at anyway haha).

Knowing my mum, it wouldnt make any difference to what she prescribes/suggests but i could see how some docs might feel they "owe" the drug companies something for all the free stuff they can get.

Yep, I have seen it aswell. While most doctors probably wouldn't be swayed, there has to be some.

A couple of years back (06/07?) I remember reading in the Medical Observer about a major drug company being fined for throwing a way over the top dinner party for doctors.

IMO it should be illigal. The education should be unbias. I think there should a a third party that passes on infomation about drugs to doctors. None of the fancey shit they get.

Well drugs are a business, business needs marketing. So it's all relative. Who else can you market prescription meds too? doctors. If you've ever read a mims book you'll notice big colour ads like "OXYCONTIN NOW ON PBS" with some dude with his thumb up - no shit i've seen that one.

Most docs also seem to have a favourite anti-depressant, i'm not sure if this is due to advertising, being given some incentive to prescribe x ssri over other anti-d's. Or just due to personal favour on what has worked for most patients.

It's a completely biased arrangement and i don't particularly like it. I did some reading on modafinil a few years ago, but im not big on stimulants, i have enough trouble sleeping, and the only time i do like em is to get stuff done.