• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modafinil Discussion

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to add my two cents on this substance. I ordered some of the generic from India (very cheap) not too long ago as I was hoping that it would live up to all the claims that everyone has made about it. I'm the kind of guy who would rather spend all day playing video games and doing absolutely nothing than even THINKING about doing anything productive. And I fucking hate it. But unfortunately when I take modafinil, I feel good for perhaps 30 minutes, after which I feel irritable, anxious, and extremely uncomfortable. The only way I found that I could circumvent this was by taking it with pregabalin (lyrica) which actually turned about to be an extremely euphoric combination but also fucking expensive (its still on patent). I just wanted to say that modafinil doesn't always work well for everyone. One of my friends it worked great but the same thing that happened to me happens to my girlfriend. This is probably because we both have very similar personality types (We both have Obsessive compulsive disorder to certain extents; I control mine more than she does hers, but this is an anxiety disorder). Contrary I have found that amphetamines have always helped me to be productive, but unfortunately, without pregabalin modafinil was greatly disappointing for me :(. I even know that the compound was modafinil because I was undergoing urinalysis at the time for certain reasons and it was detected (which then led to negative consequences, which was a further bitch).

I can't stand Modavigil.
My girlfriend is prescribed it for chronic fatigue, she takes one morning dose of 150mg.
I have tried to take 100mg and 200mg doses of it, to see if it would benefit my adhd.
Each time I took it within an hour I would be hyperactive, unable to concentrate, be all over the shop, much more than I normally am.
Also found anything over 100mg for me I begin to get a 'tightness' in my temples and frontal lobe.
Took ecstasy one night after 200mg with a friend, we ended up eating 3.5 medium strength mdxx pills, had no tolerance, and couldn't peak :|

Really odd drug, seems to work in some people, others it doesn't.

rm2x said:
Took ecstasy one night after 200mg with a friend, we ended up eating 3.5 medium strength mdxx pills, had no tolerance, and couldn't peak

I think you would find the same with any stimulant, most people report similar when they take pseudoephedrine-based medication or speed before they have a pill.

Actually when I mixed modafinil with E I still had an enjoyable roll but it was different, and the comedown was worse due to insomnia

Yeah I know, I've read that before but if you read my whole post I said i was undergoing drug tests and it got picked up as modafinil, hence I know it's legit.

javsav said:
Yeah I know, I've read that before but if you read my whole post I said i was undergoing drug tests and it got picked up as modafinil, hence I know it's legit.

Urine won't accurately tell you what amount was present in the tablets though.

Just out of interest -- what did it show up as in the test? It doesn't seem to be metabolised into anything that would be looked at in urinalysis -- more here

Last edited:
This wasn't just run of the mill urinalysis it was urinalysis specifically implemented to see if i was as they say 'abusing' substances, and it would pick up anything fro m ethanol and paracetamol, to apparently doxylamine and modafinil. As in they just looked at any peaks on the mass spectrometry then looked them up in a library of spectra. The dosage is irrelevant because the more I had the worse I felt. I'm fairly certain it just doesnt work well for me. I have untreated ADHD by the way.

I just ordered some Modafinil online. Considering it is a Schedule 4 substance I'm assuming one of 4 scenarios could occur:

Scenario 1)
Customs do not check my package, it goes through fine.

Scenario 2
) Customs checks my package and allows it though regardless because it is only 1 packet, and is unlikely to be used in a non-therapeutic manner (I have heard of this happening)

Scenario 3) Customs check my package, hold it, and send me a warning letter.

Scenario 4) Customs check my package, get angry, and I get in to more trouble than I had anticipated as being possible

Scenario 3 has happened to me before when I tried to import Yohimbine. I got a warning letter. I assume that if scenario 3 was to arise again then I would also just get a warning letter? There is no way I could get in trouble for importing just 1 box/packet of Modafinil is there?

Any help is much appreciated! :)

You should be fine. I haven't heard of anyone getting modafinil seized and i know a couple of ppl that are ordering one or two boxes regularly. Since you had a packaged seized before you might be under closer scrutiny im not sure?

If you have an understanding doctor you could always ask them to write you a private script for the stuff anyway. You wont be able to get a PBS prescription due to the strict prescribing guidelines but since you're sourcing your stuff from O/S paying full price wont be a concern. Then, if customs do take your stuff, you can just show them the script and they have to release it. That'll teach the bastards

Fuckit modafinil is way too fucking expensive to even consider buying it from shady online vendors and risking the whole Customs shit. Fuckit, life's better drug free (atleast Modafiniol free)

I have had heaps come through customs. fuck in australia its like $xxx a box or $xxx or something i had scripts before its basically $x a pill and no PBS!

I like it is a good study drug no recreational value. I find that best getting proper non indain meds that work bettter and cheap version from india make me sick sometimes and some are mostly caffeine. Like i ordered powder of it years back and it upset my stomach a bit.
sometimes i find u can't eat for a while after these. But hey this is the airforce use now instead of meth since they created the drug i think.
I recall it said on one pack do not stay awake for longer than 72hours or some shit.

Whats the longest people have been up on them?
You can have this drug before bed and wake up 2 hours later after sleeping well and u feel like u slept for 8hours.
I have mixed it with nootropics and dexies a few times and found that worked great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modavigil its called in australia and is used for Wakefulness promoting agent. Treatment of excessive sleepiness assoc with narcolepsy, mod-severe chronic shift work sleep disorder (SWSD); adjunct to CPAP in obstructive sleep apnoea/ hypopnoea syndrome.

Prices for it in australia (hope thats cool) think it should be cause its legal and lots of places unscheduled. I have even had customs open many packages of this and let it through so it must be not on the TGA list or they not care.
Pack: 100 mg [60] x2
[Approved indication(s) for authority: Continuing treatment of narcolepsy, where the patient has previously been issued with an authority prescription for this drug.] PBS: $xxx
Pack: 100 mg [30] Private: $xxx
Pack: 100 mg [60] Private: $xxx
that just gives you an idea how expensive they are in australia. So you better off getting ritalin or amphets for value for money. But modafinil is great for those like me who don't want to use amphets to stay awake and be on the ball.
I recall when i first got it it had just come out on australia market that month my doc had no idea what it was like. I personally would like to see more people on this than meth. I mean i know a lot of girl who have or do use meth just to stay awake or so they say. I mean if meth didn't keep u awake it wouldn't be so widely used and so well excepted.
This shit should be cheaper and given to people with meth problems instead they just turn away meth addicts who reach out for help.

I am pretty sure modafinil unlike adafinil its earlier type drug has no harmful effects on liver.

Some info from MIMS:
Wakefulness promoting agent for oral administration.

Pharmacology. Pharmacodynamics. The precise mechanism(s) through which modafinil promotes wakefulness is unknown. Modafinil has wake promoting actions but a pharmacological profile that is distinct from sympathomimetic amines, which increase wakefulness by other mechanisms.

Modafinil does not bind to most of the potentially relevant receptors for sleep/ wake regulation, including those for noradrenaline, serotonin, dopamine, GABA, adenosine, histamine-3 and benzodiazepines. Modafinil is not a direct or indirect acting dopamine receptor agonist and is inactive in several in vivo preclinical models capable of detecting enhanced dopaminergic activity. In vitro, modafinil binds to the dopamine reuptake site with low affinity and causes an increase in extracellular dopamine, but no increase in dopamine release. Modafinil does not appear to be a direct or indirect alpha1-adrenergic agonist. Although modafinil induced wakefulness can be attenuated by the alpha1-adrenergic receptor antagonist prazosin, modafinil has no activity in assay systems known to be responsive to the alpha-adrenergic agonists.

In rats, the wakefulness induced by amphetamine, but not modafinil, was antagonised by the dopamine receptor antagonist haloperidol. In cats, modafinil evoked neuronal activation in brain regions different from methylphenidate and amphetamine. Modafinil served as a positive reinforcer for cocaine in monkeys and was partially discriminated as stimulant-like in rats (see Precautions, Dependence potential).

The optical enantiomers of modafinil have similar pharmacological actions in mice, but have not been studied individually in humans. The two major metabolites of modafinil, modafinil acid and modafinil sulfone, showed little CNS activating activity in animal studies.

Modafinil in humans restores and/or improves the level of wakefulness. Changes are found in electrophysiological parameters reflecting alertness (ratio of power of alpha rhythm to power of theta rhythm), starting from a dose of 100 mg in the morning. An increase is seen in latency periods in the multiple sleep latency test, starting from 200 mg in the morning. Modafinil opposes the impairment of cognitive (in particular memory), psychomotor and neurosensory performance induced by sleep deprivation. This activity is observed in the absence of any modifications of appetite or behaviour.

Morning administration of 200 mg does not appear to affect nocturnal sleep. Administration of 100 mg morning and noon may prolong the subjective time taken to fall asleep. Evening administration may disturb sleep. This pharmacodynamic activity does not appear to affect the autonomic nervous system.

Pharmacokinetics. Modafinil is a racemic compound, whose enantiomers have different pharmacokinetics (e.g. the half-life of the L-isomer is approximately three times that of the D-isomer in humans). The enantiomers do not interconvert. At steady state, total exposure to the L-isomer is approximately three times that of the D-isomer. The trough concentration (Cminss) of circulating modafinil after once daily dosing consists of 90% of the L-isomer and 10% of the D-isomer.

Absorption and distribution. Modafinil is slowly absorbed with an absorption half-life of approximately one hour. Peak plasma concentrations (Cmax) of approximately 3.3 mg/L are reached three hours (Tmax) after administration of a 200 mg dose. Both the area under the plasma concentration curve (AUC) and the peak plasma concentration show dose proportionality in the 50 to 400 mg range. The absolute oral bioavailability could not be determined due to the aqueous insolubility (< 1 mg/mL) of modafinil, which precluded intravenous administration. Food has no effect on the overall bioavailability of modafinil, however, its absorption (Tmax) may be delayed by approximately one hour if taken with food.

Modafinil is well distributed in body tissue with an apparent volume of distribution (approx. 0.9 L/kg) larger than the volume of total body water (0.6 L/kg). Modafinil is weakly bound to plasma proteins (62%), mainly to albumin. At serum concentrations obtained at steady state after doses of 200 mg/day, modafinil exhibits no displacement of protein binding of warfarin, diazepam or propranolol.

Hope thats some help to people.

Sorry for putting prices there. lets just say its expensive.
just go get a copy of MIMS that not too old or ask a GP or better yet go to chemist and ask price.

Sorry lil angel. i forgot what forum i was in.

tadfish, where abouts in australia do u live? if u live in brisbane, hook me up with a PM. i thought i saw your arse at the gladstone road pharmacy in west end getting ur daily methadone/buprenorphine hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Adrafinil importation

I am aware that modafinil is controlled in Australia and thus it is probably illegal to import, however I was wondering about Adrafinil. I don't believe it is scheduled however it might be covered under the analogue laws?

What do you guys think?

[EDIT: Threads merged. hoptis]

Adrafinil is Schedule 4 as per the POISONS STANDARD 2008

Schedule 4. Prescription Only Medicine, or Prescription Animal Remedy– Substances,
the use or supply of which should be by or on the order of persons permitted
by State or Territory legislation to prescribe and should be available from a
pharmacist on prescription.