Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Miscellaneous Rants Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
dialated665 said:
The definiton of DRUGS :

a drug is any substance that we put into our body that changes the way we function, like water

Do you agree that water is a drug.. what kind of statement is that ?

Do you agree with the statement at all ?

i think youre a tripper

a drug is any compound that produces either physical or psychological changes (by my definition anyway).

^ yeah, how does water change the way we function? It doesn't.... I don't agree with that statment at all.

My rant: Being at work on Saturday.

Thank you MP for replacing the angry man icon you removed :D

My rant, holy muthafucker I'm not happy. I've always been a fan of Hahn Premium and was recently delighted to find that they are now about $5 cheaper per carton :D

HOWEVER! :X I only just discovered, after drinking about 12 of them, that they are now 330mL instead of 375mL!!! NOT FUCKING HAPPY JAN!!! :X What was once a 1.5 standard drink beer is now only 1.3 standard drinks.

Dear Hahn Premium,
Go suck a fuck.
TIA.

^^ It was me who put it back you fucker... give credit where credit's due :p ;)

nickyj said:
Thank you MP for replacing the angry man icon you removed :D

My rant, holy muthafucker I'm not happy. I've always been a fan of Hahn Premium and was recently delighted to find that they are now about $5 cheaper per carton :D

HOWEVER! :X I only just discovered, after drinking about 12 of them, that they are now 330mL instead of 375mL!!! NOT FUCKING HAPPY JAN!!! :X What was once a 1.5 standard drink beer is now only 1.3 standard drinks.

Dear Hahn Premium,
Go suck a fuck.
TIA.

We actually just covered this in Uni. I will copy out from my textbook to give you an idea on the mentality behind higher profits VS less delicious drink.

-----------------------------

The minimal difference that can be detected between two stimuli is called the differential threshold, or the "just noticeable difference (j.n.d.). A 19th century German scientist, Ernst Weber, discovered that the just noticeable difference between the two stimuli was not an absolute amount, but an amount relative to the intensity of the first stimulus.

For example, if the price of a car was increased by $100, it would probably not be noticed (i.e. the increment would fall below the j.n.d. It may take an increase of $200 or more before a differential in price would be noticed. However a $1 increase in the price of a litre of petrol would be noticed very quickly by consumers because it is a significant percentage of the initial (i.e. base) cost.

Weber's law has important applications for marketing. Manufacturers and marketers endeavor to determine the relevant j.n.d. for their products for two very different reasons.

so that the negative changes (e.g. reductions in product size, increases in product price, or reduced quality) are not readily discernible to the public (they remain below the j.n.d.)​

so that product improvements (such as improved or updated packaging, larger size, lower price) are readily discernible to customers without being wastefully extravagant (ie. they are at or just above the j.n.d.)​

Because of rising costs, many manufacturers are faced with the choice of increasing prices or reducing the quality of the product offered at the existing price. An Australian favorite, Cherry Ripe, has done both. Over the past 40 years, it has increased in price many times and altered it's weight a number of times. Because a chocolate bar is relatively inexpensive to begin with, price differences are very noticeable, so decreasing the size of such a product to just under the j.n.d. is a simpler strategy.

In 1999 Australian producers of light beer reduced the contents of small bottles by 25-45ml while maintaining the price. Despite the fact that the adjusted quantity was listed on the package label, most consumers would be unlikely to notice it because the package size remained familiar.

-----------------------------

Oh god so much writing. But yes Hahn Premium - For trying to fly in under the radar and trying to fool us with Weber's Law - Fuck You.

^ Wow! Altho still really pissed off, I feel smart for having actually noticed the change in the 1st place :D (Well, after drinking 12 of them anyway :p :D )

katmeow said:
^^ It was me who put it back you fucker... give credit where credit's due :p ;)

Thank you very much Kat! MP is a useless stoner :D

MoeBro said:
i think youre a tripper

Me a tripper, why yes.

Yes i dont agree with the original statement that i posted about... AND NIETHER DID I SAY THE ORIGINAL STATEMENT....

I was argueing it was a crock of shit too...

anyways.

you didn't say otherwise either. Your post was ambiguous enough with too many ellipses and lacking sufficient punctuation for it to have been your point or whoever you were apparently discussing it with.
Suffice to say, you're a fuckwit.

I was thinking he really should have phrased it in a ranty way, like

I really hate fuckwits who's posts are ambiguous enough with too many ellipses and lacking sufficient punctuation for something to have been his/her point or whoever he/she was apparently discussing it with.

:D

^ You're a very clever girl :D

Whats the deal with air plane peanuts? :X

joannie_mhm said:
I was thinking he really should have phrased it in a ranty way, like

I really hate fuckwits who's posts are ambiguous enough with too many ellipses and lacking sufficient punctuation for something to have been his/her point or whoever he/she was apparently discussing it with.

:D

Thats gold! :D

MoeBro said:
Suffice to say, you're a fuckwit.

You think My literary skills are bad You should see My handwriting :D

nickyj said:
Whats the deal with air plane peanuts? :X

i dunno man, What is with those Airline Peanuts ? Their pretty Stindgy with How many are in the pack.

Also Those Stupid little Water Cup things they Give you on an Airline.

The Little plastic Single serve Cups of water That have a Foil Lid, those Fuckkers are so hard to open, and when you do open it, half the contence Spills all over you.

People who keep calling me Steve :X

For fucks sake, where do these people come from? In the last 2 years I've met I don't know how many people that keep calling me Steve. I've given up, I don't correct people anymore. Today it was the head of Science and Engineering, thanks muthafucker! I work for you, I've met you a number of times before and this is how you thank me. I should call him Michelle.

dialated665 said:
The Little plastic Single serve Cups of water That have a Foil Lid, those Fuckkers are so hard to open, and when you do open it, half the contence Spills all over you.

That happened to me on EVERY flight during our recent OS trip. Sure it's great to have water that's clean (via reverse osmosis, "ultra violeted", filtered, syphoned out of the virgin mary's bottom, whatever), but every time i opened the lid, i got splashed with water. Perhaps something with a screw lid may be a little more effective, non?

Having said that, i tend to spill something on myself whenever i eat or drink anything, so it wasn't exactly a new experience for me. ;)

nickyj said:
People who keep calling me Steve :X

For fucks sake, where do these people come from? In the last 2 years I've met I don't know how many people that keep calling me Steve. I've given up, I don't correct people anymore. Today it was the head of Science and Engineering, thanks muthafucker! I work for you, I've met you a number of times before and this is how you thank me. I should call him Michelle.

that made me laugh.
sorry steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.