• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne - Pharmacy - 24/04/04

The day of Pharmacy is upon us! Yay!

I kinda agree with Stacyrox about the headliners playing the closing set. It's not necessarily the best idea. I was straight when I say CG at Reaktor, and we left half an hour before their set finished, because while we were having a great time, I started getting tired. But we'll see how it goes.

I was driving along last night and just had this really good feeling that this is gonna be a very special night. See every one there!!! =D

Re: set times. Due to other comittments Cosmic Gate and Kitikonti are simply not available to play any earlier, hence the late set times.

its gonna be so damn cold. bugger.

considering i'm not a big trance fan, this better be good. but heaps of friends are going so that'll make it worthwhile. yay!

well i am going now pretty much only decided today and went and grabbed my ticket, yay to having the night off work and tomorrow off work aswell!!!

see you guys there........ well the ones i know

it was a shame there was no drink taps and to make things worse they where selling overpriced water.... You would expect a bit more from a crew like pharmacy, but in the end its all bout $$
8(

melburn_madness said:
it was a shame there was no drink taps and to make things worse they where selling overpriced water.... You would expect a bit more from a crew like pharmacy, but in the end its all bout $$
8(

Yo melburn_madness...
a) There was a tap just outside near the gate. Similarly the bar staff were providing cups of water if and when needed.
b) The bar was ran by the venue NOT by Pharmacy
c) I think the water bottles were $4? That is pretty much standard price across clubs and events.

Thankyou everyone that came and made for such a memorable night- without question the biggest and best Pharmacy event to date!

8o

how many od's? i saw one girl on her ass in the middle of the dance floor, and about 3 other people being assisted by medics... not good :(

but other then that, the night wasn't too bad. a bit fucking cold but, i've probably caught myself a nice cold.

i didn't enjoy the music as much as i would have liked, but what can you do.

a nice little chickie to cuddle would have topped off my night.

overall i thought it was a mad night

im still trying to figure out this song they played in the outside room. The lady told me it was called Treble and Banucci - ride but i tried looking for it and couldnt find it.

the taps were a bit anoying, and it was eaiser to go to the toilet outside than it was inside.

how many of us went to that servo up on south road to get food haha.

great nite...

vibe there was awesome!!!

cosmik gate were tops...

damn shame to see the ambulances coming towards the end...

please guys... GO EASY ON THE G!!

I thought it was a great night as well, it was just too cold!
"It had an old skool feel to it, like Every Picture" my friend also reckons. :D

And I agree with muzby, it was a dame shame seeing the ambulances coming towards the end...it kind of ruined the venue knowing that people have od'ed on g...:(

really good night! car park fiendery was good wholesome fun!

bit pissed off at myself, that i only saw 30mins of CG... i got caught up in the car... it was soo warm and friendly in there...

but yeh. Top stuff kids! good fun. wish i could have gotten there earlier tho... damn formal!

i had an awesome night/day, but not really because of pharmacy. i was a bit let down, though didn't really go with any expectations which is good. the music didn't really grab me.... pity about those portaloo toilets... and i wish i'd discovered the water tap earlier!

highlight of my night:
when i asked a security guard if there was anywhere i could fill up my water. he said unfortuantly there isn't, but gave me an unopened bottle of his own! i've never been so appreciative- thankyou!

also thanks to all my friends that made this weekend fucken awesome! =D

damn you computer screen........ stop.......... morphing.....

PeterPoppa i asked the red cross people if there was a drink and they told me as far as they know the water in the porterloo was fresh... blehhh perhaps better communication between party organisers and first aid should be improved on, other than that it was a good nite no where near as good as smells like pharmacy tho and yeh its sad bout all the ODs but what can do bout it ?
8(

Oh and a question to party organisers now that at most raves there has to be first aid do you pay for red cross help or are you expected to make a donation or somthing?

melburn_madness said:
PeterPoppa i asked the red cross people if there was a drink and they told me as far as they know the water in the porterloo was fresh... blehhh perhaps better communication between party organisers and first aid should be improved on, other than that it was a good nite no where near as good as smells like pharmacy tho and yeh its sad bout all the ODs but what can do bout it ?
8(

Oh and a question to party organisers now that at most raves there has to be first aid do you pay for red cross help or are you expected to make a donation or somthing?

The first aid were informed of the water situation. However you should note that the red cross team involved some 15 professional paramedics. We cannot personally speak with each team member at the start of their shift- this is the responsibility of their internal communications. This is the same with security. We can only liase with the team leaders.

In answer to your other question- first aid is available to party organisers in various forms. Of course all 'professional' security guards are first aid trained, however beyond that we can settle for St Johns which requires a nominal donation. What we however prefer is a professional organistion such as the Red Cross which provide professional paramedic staff. This does cost an arm and a leg, however I would rather take these precautions than have something go wrong. Unfortunately with the current spaight of GHB overdoses promoters are forced to pay more and more money on medical teams which of course is reflected in ticket prices too.

I hope that answers your questions mate.

- Brad -

*off topic post deleted - please do not talk about (general) drug use in this forum - wazza*

Last edited by a moderator:
Sleaze said:
how many od's? i saw one girl on her ass in the middle of the dance floor, and about 3 other people being assisted by medics... not good :(

That girl is a friend of mine, and was there with me. She didn't OD as such, but got fucked out hard by the strobe light on the main floor, which triggered a slight fit. She was fine the next day :)

Kid_Cisco.

^^ As stated, please do not make assumptions in regards to drug use/ODs etc if you do not know the facts. All sorts of bullshit/rumours can come out when people make assumptions that drugs are the cause of certain situations like this and this is a good example.

Thanks for clearing this up Kid_Cisco.

well then they should set the record straight bout the ods, how many? it didn't use to be like this, the question use to be were there any ods? now its how many.... its sad to see wot some people would do to their body in the name of 'fun'.

oh and PeterPoppa thanks 4 your responce just 1 more question, wot was with cosmic gate not doing a hard trance set it sounded pretty techno, i have been waiting since god's kitchen to see them again and it was a bit of a let down...

cheers

i wasnt impressed. mind you i dont like hard trance.
i'm glad liberator played some tech, despite his shoddy mixing.

the tap issue was way below standard for such an expensive event, fresh water and decent toilets should be more readily available.

so at about 3:30am we all headed to the car all the way over at bunnings....then we were all too cold to go back inside, plus our driver's *please read guidelines* and we wanted to get somewhere relaxing in time (almost didn't make it 8o 8o ).

and the rest of my night was excellent.

unfortunately i wont be going to another pharmacy, things are getting too out of hand, too commercial and too pretentious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Pharmacy was awesome.
This was after I'd gotten over the shock of the no water situation and crappy toilets. I'm kinda annoyed to find out that there was in fact a tap - after we asked about 6 security members and they all said there wasn't.
But yeah, thought the music was excellent and the vibe great. It was also great having a quality sound system. I loved the fact that I could dance off to the centre and still get good sound - which doesn't always happen.
I didn't so much like cosmic gate. I was standing there going "I'm tired" but when they played some good stuff I could still get into it. I just thought it was way too much peak low peak low. But the people before them were ace, and so was the drum n bass area.
And it was awesome seeing so many wicked dancers.
:)