• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne - Pharmacy - 24/04/04

I liked this Pharmacy a little less than previous efforts, but still had a very good night. And the reasons for me not liking it as much are entirely to do with my own taste, they're no reflection on the quality of the party. Overall, I still think these are the best-produced of the large Melbourne events.

Before I go on, a couple of comments on posts above this one:

Overdoses: some second-hand info (first-hand info was from a bluelighter, who will comment or not as they see fit, I'm sure): one of them was a friend, who was apparently partially responsive in the ambulance, he'll be fine. There was (I hear) another guy next to him in the hosopital who also G'ed out and who was on life-support; again, more info from people who were there I guess. So, two aumbulance rides only? I guess things are getting a little better.

Two, water: there *was* a tap, right outside the gate. People were using it all night. The water situation was fine - I guess some of the staff just didn't know it was there. *Not* Pharmacy's fault!

Right... party...

Walking in, I liked the siodum-lamp ambience in the courtyard bit. Actually I had the most fun in this area overall - there was always something entertaining on the outside stage for when the mainroom DJs got too genre-locked (which I felt happened a little).

Liberator: fun to listen to but hard to dance to.
Cosmic Gate: didn't really rip it up, but the crowd was loving it so much I couldn't help but have a blast. Mob psychology wins and my legs still hurt :)
Kitikonti: Really good. And I don't like tech-trance, so I wasn't expecting that.
Agent Cooper vs Miss Dominatrix: Set of the night. I don't actually know them either (I recognise Cooper by sight from around the traps though) so I don't have to say that. I thought the party was good, but for whatever reason, until their 2am appearance, I wasn't having an awful lot of *fun*. Their whimsical vs set just clicked with me somehow, and I had a lovely time (that was us being aeroplanes in front of the tent). It also produced a weird little highlight for me. Walking back to the car with my friend, they played BT's Dreaming. We happened to be standing just in the right spot when the eerie vocal-only bit happened - the sound echoed off the side of a building next to us, and it sounded like the girl was singing in a darkened warehouse with nobody in it.

Nice one :)

Sundries: three very different areas was good. It took me a couple of goes to find the back one though, and I knew it was there :p It was also hard to get to, since that corridor was a bit on the narrow side for a thoroughfare (we call this the Altona Effect).

^^^ i thought i saw ya there... .although wasnt gonna go say hi, cause i wasnt sure... and i'm sick of walking up and saying hi to ppl who aren't actually who i think they are...

my night was fucking fantastic! i understand y ppl say the Godskitchen CG set was shit, cos on saturday night 2 hours of the best music i have ever heard out and about.

I'll start at Master Kaos - once again didnt disappoint, really loving Walt - Bring the Pain atm and with the Kaos touch of scratching made it even more enjoyable.

Dee Dee - never heard him play b4 but really enjoyed his set. can someone help me w\ the last song he played lyrics go - 'this is the end'

Chris Liberator - spent 20 minutes trying my best to get into him but jsut couldnt so went for a wonder. big ups to all the dj's outside always playing a funky beat to groove along to.

Carpark Mission - included going on a hunt for a water tap around all those buildings only to find it right outside the venue but i was still happy! and also included getting so so paranoid when the cops decided they would drive up and down in front of our car as we are having lines, thanks a lot!

Scott Alert vs Richie Braic - this guys rocked it, really got me and the ppl around me ready for a dose of Cosmic Gate

Cosmic Gate - unFUCKINGbelievable. first of all their age of love remix is just awesome - u kno 'move your body, dance with me' i loved it. next reason i loved it is somehow my friend and i in a munted state bullshited our way back stage and got to hang out the back while they played!! enabling room to dance and a chance to meet them. big big thanks to the staff who realised we didnt have VIP passes but let us stay. And I will never forget standing behind the guys as Fire Wire is taking off and the crowd are screaming Fire.....Wire.

Was one of the best nights out in a while and well i jsut love Cosmic Gate.

anyone have a tracklisting for cosmic gate?

i know they played:
cosmic gate - tomorrow
mark norman - phantom manor
Tiesto - Love come again
Age of love - Age of love (Cosmic Gate RMX)
Cosmic Gate - Ultra Curve
cosmic gate - fire wire
Love Fist - Hanging on a string
cosmic gate - human beings
(not it any order)

lol best i can do, my memory is pretty hazy

Chris_On_E said:
Dee Dee - never heard him play b4 but really enjoyed his set. can someone help me w\ the last song he played lyrics go - 'this is the end'

Do the lyrics go "This is the end....my only friend...the end"?
If so, then it is Tech Tube - The End. :)

On the subject of track IDs... Liberator played a track that sounded suspiciously like it had the guy from Twisted ("scuse me. 'scuse me. Do you know where the dealers are?") ranting on about how he drank 15 CANS OF STELLA.

Now, it's possible that I've been living under a rock for a while, but there were an awful lot of people in the crowd who seemed to be shouting along. Someone said it was Chris Liberator vs D.A.V.E the Drummer...

Apparently I am no longer in with the young people's music.

*sigh*

Muzby... I have the opposite problem. I have people running up to me all the time and knowing who I am, and I'm sick and tired of not remembering who the hell they are. This is entirely my own fault, and it's really rude. So yeah, come and say hello next time.

Speaking of which - I got busted again at about 6am:

"Hey! I know you! You were Santa Claus!"

=D

LOL @ agent coopers and miss dominatrix's crossfader skills!
set of the night!
(also gr8 friends of mine)

greattt nite!! soo much better than gods kitchen.
got cosmic gate signatures woooh yeaaa, and i was at the front, literally a metre away from them. oh and they gave me the thumbs up, im excited. hehe and to any one that was on the other side of that fence thingy, i prolly saw yah. :p

Technic said:
anyone have a tracklisting for cosmic gate?

to add to your list randy katana - one solid wave &
marcel woods - times running out

pretty sure they played their brand new songs bilingual and monotune cos i was talking to nic(skinny one) bout them. but then again it was hard to understand him cos he sounded like boris from goldeneye!

tube tech - this is the end (tribute to palazzo) was the track i was after thank u anarky.

Pharmacy06 down on the water front. About 600 people, nice venue, and $20 for entry. And *please read the guidelines :) * to top it off.
That's how I remember pharmacy.

This one sucked, and it will be the last one I ever go to.

Last edited by a moderator: