• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Recieved my Monsta Bud in the post this morning. Quick delivery at a great price :)

Also flicked my girl under some cloud cover, to show another shade of green. It's been hot the past week, mid 30's, which is around 95-100 farenheight. Ive been watering 3 litres everyday as she's sucking up the fluids quick.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Healthy looking lady there Wise! Love seeing a healthy ganja plant soak up the sunshine

Sorry I did a disappearing act guys. My laptop keeps cutting out and I think there's a problem with the CPU overheating. I need to get a new computer anyway, so I should have reliable computer access by the end of the month hopefully, if the problem doesn't go away.

I'm waiting for my batteries to recharge so I'll try and get a photo to email to you Wise. I can always send it to Prelude failing that (thanks for the offer, by the way, Prelude :)).

But anyway, I got my brand new greenhouse!! I now have to figure out how to build a base and put it up! I also need to think about how I'm going to deal with smell issues during flower. I may have to use a carbon filter on a proper inline extraction fan (with a powered intake fan as well), in which case I'd have to cut the appropriate holes in the greenhouse walls. However, I would love to just stick with conventional greenhouse ventilation i.e. an autovent that would be installed on the roof. However, if smell becomes an issue, I would have to install the inline fans and somehow block the ceiling autovent system in favour of a dedicated permanent intake and exhaust fan. Unless I were to use an ozone system (seems much more stealthy and quieter!), in which case I would be able to go with the normal autovent system.

I will also get an LPG (propane) CO2 generator. These things are so convenient in colder months because they produce heat, which is expensive to produce with electric fan heaters. It's a cheaper form of energy at the moment, and the CO2 would increase growth rates as well. These things are more or less designed for greenhouse growing, so it would be ideal.

I have been working on a heat recovery system using a heat exchanger along with some other techniques that use biological processes (composting) to produce heat as well. My preliminary calculations suggest it will put modern commercial greenhouses to shame, in terms of energy consumption. I am confident it will work since it's on a relatively small scale. A lot of it will be computer controlled and therefore very accurate. I already have my eye on a cheap humidistat and termostat system made by Forttex.

edit: sorry I just realized I've probably repeated myself! I have a terrible memory. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
When do you think you will have it up and running AE?

I was thinking of buying a tent or building a grow room other than my closet, I want a tent for vegging and and the closet for flowering, as I can control the indoor temps much easier than outdoor, and vegging plants can handle a bit more heat than when flowering.

As of right now Ive been using the same room to veg all at the same time and them flowering all at the same time, which can be pretty inconvient, especially if I want my plants to grow a bit more before throwing them into flower.
Which was my main concern last grow, and I ended up focusing so much on the plants them selves I almost forgot to take cuttings, luckily I did about 2-3 weeks into flowering, and one cut made it, ive got it vegging, I plan on taking about 8 cuttings from that plant,(The Afghan Kush , the biggest, and hardiest plant I had in the closet was the one who made it out alive) I'll post pics when I can.

Sweet CinDY day 30

Hey guys, just wanted to share my progress. 30 days into bloom just about, I really like 2 of the sweet cindy phenos, here are my favorite ones...
Here is cindy #3:
NSFW:
bog3day30.jpg

NSFW:
bog3day30-1.jpg

Here is cindy #2:
NSFW:
bog230days.jpg

NSFW:
bog2day30.jpg

Looking pretty good. 30 days in flower? What wattage are you using?
I like the looks of those trichs already starting to show up :D

Recieved my Monsta Bud in the post this morning. Quick delivery at a great price :)

Also flicked my girl under some cloud cover, to show another shade of green. It's been hot the past week, mid 30's, which is around 95-100 farenheight. Ive been watering 3 litres everyday as she's sucking up the fluids quick.

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Thats monsta bud stuff works wonders i used it on my last harvest and it made a hell of a difference...... :)

Last edited:
Monsta bud is indeed great stuff :) Will you be using it on your girl once she starts to flower?

The akward thread is still there BTW. Im on the lookout on youtube for that kid dancing to G6 on your front porch =D

^^^Rofl i been lookin too :).....yeah i might use the same stuff i did last time kool-bloom "flower" and monsta bud every day :) although i might not cos i only got 1 plant this time and it cost me $80 to get kool-bloom and monsta bud :( from my local hydro store very over priced....

Last edited:
sprinkled some N-P-K around the base of my plant today and waterd with a "unknown" ferterlizer i was using it on my last harvest when i ran outa koolbloom.i threw out the box but i rember it was high in N

Looking pretty good. 30 days in flower? What wattage are you using?
I like the looks of those trichs already starting to show up :D

Hey prelude, yep the trichs are forming up nicely=D, using a 400 hps, I'm thinking they will be almost ready for harvest in 3 more weeks...

Good to see some familiars from AusDD in here ;)

My first grow this year. I was only hoping to grow this year for a bit of experience and that's exactly what I have got so far. Planted around 30-40 seeds of mostly unknown genetics (bagseed) outdoors in some manure-rich soil and 3 months later I've got one very healthy (now hermi :< - have been de-balling it thoroughly of late) and 2 smaller females. Hermi is coming along alright now, starting to bud up pretty nicely. I'll try get some pics up when I find mah damn cord >.<

Got a bit overzealous with the blood and bone after they showed signs of sex and all but killed a few plants. Also had a couple of late sexing males which nearly ruined everything. Ah well, no better way of learning not what to do.

I'm now looking into putting a couple of plants under lights, space permitting. Soooo much information to take in. I'm not really that experienced with gardening so I've pretty much got to start from the beginning. Very daunting at first :S this guide has helped a fair bit, just need to find the time to soak in all the damn information!

im so freakin pleased,

im only one week off bloom :)

its a big one, hoping to get a nice yield on this puppy, heat fucked me the previous week, room got over 40 degree's and burnt a few of the tips, but the problem has been resolved.

got all my bloom nutrients there ready for me, except i dont have a PK nutrient, although its one of the cheapest ill be buying anyone here have any personal favourites they use? hear alot on the canna PK, but not sure!!

anyways, photos will be up once i have switched to bloom .

im so freakin pleased,

im only one week off bloom :)

its a big one, hoping to get a nice yield on this puppy, heat fucked me the previous week, room got over 40 degree's and burnt a few of the tips, but the problem has been resolved.

got all my bloom nutrients there ready for me, except i dont have a PK nutrient, although its one of the cheapest ill be buying anyone here have any personal favourites they use? hear alot on the canna PK, but not sure!!

anyways, photos will be up once i have switched to bloom .
I know a few other aussies, along with myself who use the PK-13/14 with exellent results :) I highly recommend grabbing a bottle.

Hey Sameria I look forward to checking your plants out. I hope you know that growing a hermie around your females will result in your females also becoming seeded? Your better off killing that he/she so it dosent seed up your other girls, unless you want a bunch of seed's through out your buds(not recomended ;) )

Here is another couple more pics of the current state of the ladies=D Some yellowing on the dispensary trainwrecks but all the sweet cindy is healthy green, getting frosty now too!

NSFW:
garden.jpg

NSFW:
sweetcindyresin.jpg

I know a few other aussies, along with myself who use the PK-13/14 with exellent results :) I highly recommend grabbing a bottle.

Hey Sameria I look forward to checking your plants out. I hope you know that growing a hermie around your females will result in your females also becoming seeded? Your better off killing that he/she so it dosent seed up your other girls, unless you want a bunch of seed's through out your buds(not recomended ;) )

hey wise hope all is well down under, well things are going good here my girl (my 2nd try) is doing great, she is still in veg at 18/6 under my 600 hps and she looks great, i have got her in a nice big pot, she has lots of lovely lush green leaves, i have sorted out th ph problem and am feeding her Canna terre vega which is a popular brand over in the uk and it gives her all the nute she needs, a question i have is, is it vitally important to have a inlet fan blowing in fresh air ? The reason i ask is that a trusted friend looked at her and said to me, that i didnt really need the fan on, as my grow cupboard is only small, he advised me to just leave the door open , as it opens into a bedroom and it was cold enough in there and in my cupboard i have a big hole that goes open into the roof space,
he only advised this, what do you think would this be ok or possible and mainly will my girl be ok, or should i keep the fan on ? Thanks in advance

does my foot make these plants look big?....

NSFW:
001bic.jpg

hey wise hope all is well down under, well things are going good here my girl (my 2nd try) is doing great, she is still in veg at 18/6 under my 600 hps and she looks great, i have got her in a nice big pot, she has lots of lovely lush green leaves, i have sorted out th ph problem and am feeding her Canna terre vega which is a popular brand over in the uk and it gives her all the nute she needs, a question i have is, is it vitally important to have a inlet fan blowing in fresh air ? The reason i ask is that a trusted friend looked at her and said to me, that i didnt really need the fan on, as my grow cupboard is only small, he advised me to just leave the door open , as it opens into a bedroom and it was cold enough in there and in my cupboard i have a big hole that goes open into the roof space,
he only advised this, what do you think would this be ok or possible and mainly will my girl be ok, or should i keep the fan on ? Thanks in advance
It would depend on how warm your grow box gets. You'll need to remember that once she starts to flower there has to be no light leaks at all, so you wont be able to leave your door open at certain time's. Do you know how warm you cupboard gets? If your girl is looking nice and healthy at the moment then you may not need to run it, but this could change come flower as plants enjoy and handle higher temps in veg, then they do in flower.

Got any photo's goahead?

It would depend on how warm your grow box gets. You'll need to remember that once she starts to flower there has to be no light leaks at all, so you wont be able to leave your door open at certain time's. Do you know how warm you cupboard gets? If your girl is looking nice and healthy at the moment then you may not need to run it, but this could change come flower as plants enjoy and handle higher temps in veg, then they do in flower.

Got any photo's goahead?
thanks that sounds good, also the room where the cupboard is is a spare room, i could have used the whole room and probably been fine but my misses panicks bout getting busted so im sticking to the cupboard, any way i say this because i have lightproufed the room except for the door, also the ,cupboard is the same so when i turn her she will be able to sleep in total darkness for her 12 hrs, also i have turned the heating off in said room and as its feb in the uk its not very warm ha, so in the room its not hot, warm or humid,
the fan draws fresh air in from the roof space into the cupboard and then out through the THE hole in the top,
also i am worried about a nitrogen problem like i had before, its not a problem at he min i just want to be prepared, so what amount of npk should i be looking for to buy in case this
happens? Thanks