• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Every Year's Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Thanks, and looks like you're going to have some nice plants flowering here soon, can't wait to see 'em, Hopefully they don't get yanked.

My buddy had about 40 plants spread out down by the river, way out about a 3 mile walk, and every single plant was chopped and a sign was left "Better luck next year" which is usually what Fresno Police Department does when they find lots of outdoor weed...pricks, lol.

Thanks, and looks like you're going to have some nice plants flowering here soon, can't wait to see 'em, Hopefully they don't get yanked.

My buddy had about 40 plants spread out down by the river, way out about a 3 mile walk, and every single plant was chopped and a sign was left "Better luck next year" which is usually what Fresno Police Department does when they find lots of outdoor weed...pricks, lol.
Damn that sucks. My little girl is in a safe spot though, she wont be getting yanked unless I show someone to her :)

Yeah i just gotta rember it when i go to the shops i always forget :! damn stoner memory :p
Haha. Next time your at bunnings it would be also worth your while grabbing some Growth technology bloom fertiliser called "focus flower" I think it is. Not long untill your girl should start flowering :)

Haha. Next time your at bunnings it would be also worth your while grabbing some Growth technology bloom fertiliser called "focus flower" I think it is. Not long untill your girl should start flowering :)

yeah mate ill set a reminder in my phone so i dont forget :)

master grower checking in here, if anyone needs my help please ask, i suggest anyone who is serious about growing start an account on icmag, and thcfarmer.com, one general piece of advice with growing, the more you give your plants in terms of love, attention, quality conditions, quality nutrients, the more you get out of your ladies!
hi hempster , can you give me some advice, i have a 4 inch cutting of blue cheese, i have her under my 600 hps , now can i leave her on 24 hrs light for a while till i put her 12/12 also will she be ok in the pot she is in its only small for a wk, then i will put her in a bigger one, also do i need to add any nutes at this stage? I will get some Canna soil at the wk end for her to fo in , the soil contains no nutes so all it will have is wat i put in, any other advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated as i am new to the growing game , many thanx

first off you want clones under MH, CMH, or compact floresents, NOT hps, second off a freshly rooted clone should be in a 16 oz beer cup for at least a week or two, and no you should not add any noots if they are in soil, almost all soils will have plenty of nutrients already to last the first couple weeks, also i prefer 18/6 for lighting scheduale, and for the soil you buy i higly suggest you check out my thread that got closed, it lists a phenomenal medium for you and great base nutes, also if you are a true first timer you may want to consider the moonshine man mix google moonshine man mix icmag, and you will see the way to have the most success with out any previous knowledge or experience,

There is nothing wrong with growing clones under HPS if that's all you have. Although a MH may be prefered as the light spectrum is closer to summer days outdoors, just like any plant, in any stage they can be grown under HPS from start to finish, no problem.

you are far better off using a compact florescent then hps, if you have a hortlilux bulb its better then a normal hps, but trust me, hps is not good for cloning, if you switch your spectrum you will see a noticeable difference in healthy and vigor, and speed of your clones.

The original question asked was will the clones grow alright under his current conditions, which is yes.Ive also cloned under 18/6 before with the clones turning out nice and healthy. Clones may do better health wise under fluro's, but they dont grow nearly as quick.

There is nothing wrong with growing clones under HPS if that's all you have. Although a MH may be prefered as the light spectrum is closer to summer days outdoors, just like any plant, in any stage they can be grown under HPS from start to finish, no problem.

thanks wise, i dont think i explained it to well so i will try again hopefully a bit clearer, she has been under flouro for a couple of weeks and the guy i got her from advised me to put her under my hps as i dont have a mh yet, and i read on another site that photophenisis sorry for spelling only happens wen the light is on, is this correct? Therefore for the next couple of weeks i was going to keep her under 24hr to hopefully improve her, so as you know i am not very experienced and may be i should just stick to the advice i get on here, but even then i have had 3 different answers to my original question ha, thanks guys,

thanks wise, i dont think i explained it to well so i will try again hopefully a bit clearer, she has been under flouro for a couple of weeks and the guy i got her from advised me to put her under my hps as i dont have a mh yet, and i read on another site that photophenisis sorry for spelling only happens wen the light is on, is this correct? Therefore for the next couple of weeks i was going to keep her under 24hr to hopefully improve her, so as you know i am not very experienced and may be i should just stick to the advice i get on here, but even then i have had 3 different answers to my original question ha, thanks guys,
Yes that can be the problem sometimes.

Yes the plants only photosynthesize when the lights are on. If it were me, I would be growing your clones under your 600 HPS on 18/6. Anyone else on here( were's AE when you need him) would agree that fluro's arnt even on the same level as HPS when it comes to growth and overall size.

The bottom line is though, your clones WILL grow faster, stronger and bigger under HPS. Fact ;)

Hello my friends! I just got back from Poland tonight, after a great trip that lasted five days. I was worried I had left the delivery tube pump off on my NFT tank and that the plants would be dead when I got back. However, it tuns out I did leave it on after all, and it seems the 3 plants drank a total of about 10L per day after I checked the water butt reservoir that feeds the NFT res through a float valve! There was probably only about 3 days worth of nutrient solution left, max, before which it would need refilling.

The buds have developed quite significantly and the majority of the buds and foliage surrounding them is completely covered in sticky trichomes.

I managed to take a photo just now. Wise, do you mind uploading it to photobucket for me mate? I hope you're well by the way.

first off you want clones under MH, CMH, or compact floresents, NOT hps, second off a freshly rooted clone should be in a 16 oz beer cup for at least a week or two, and no you should not add any noots if they are in soil, almost all soils will have plenty of nutrients already to last the first couple weeks, also i prefer 18/6 for lighting scheduale, and for the soil you buy i higly suggest you check out my thread that got closed, it lists a phenomenal medium for you and great base nutes, also if you are a true first timer you may want to consider the moonshine man mix google moonshine man mix icmag, and you will see the way to have the most success with out any previous knowledge or experience,

Hiya mate.

You can in fact clone under HPS lights. Common wisdom suggests doing this will cause more stretch, however, in practice you'll find that plants stretch far more if the lights are not powerful enough (too few lumens per unit area, aka a low light intensity) rather than as a result of being under monochromatic HPS light.

I personally have cloned under HPS lamps plenty of times. To be safe you could use a dual spec lamp instead of a pure one, however the pure ones do still work well enough.

For clones I personally find 24/7 seems to work best right at the start. After initial thorough rooting they can be switched to 18/6 subsequently of course. I use 20/4 in veg since this has been shown to yield more than 18/6. However, I may switch back to 18/6 to save on the electricity bills.. However, I would possibly compensate for a slight yield loss using LPG generated CO2.

You'll find that most, if not almost all of the commercial cannabis growers will use relatively powerful HID lights to clone cuttings to get results as quickly as possible. The only reason you would want to bother with fluorescent lights/CFLs is if you want to make savings on your electricity bill. Even commercial vegetable growers, working on a much smaller profit margin, generally tend to use quite powerful lights during propagation since they benefit from a shorter crop cycle.

edit: sorry I read a bit further on only to find Wise had beat me to it!

Last edited:
Hello my friends! I just got back from Poland tonight, after a great trip that lasted five days. I was worried I had left the delivery tube pump off on my NFT tank and that the plants would be dead when I got back. However, it tuns out I did leave it on after all, and it seems the 3 plants drank a total of about 10L per day after I checked the water butt reservoir that feeds the NFT res through a float valve! There was probably only about 3 days worth of nutrient solution left, max, before which it would need refilling.

The buds have developed quite significantly and the majority of the buds and foliage surrounding them is completely covered in sticky trichomes.

I managed to take a photo just now. Wise, do you mind uploading it to photobucket for me mate? I hope you're well by the way.
Welcome back AE.Shoot me the shots and i'll put them up later tonight when I get home :)

Heres a rooted cut of a Nevs Haze hybrid. Got another one going into flower. this one if for a mother.

AE hope you had a good time on Poland. Well I'm sure you did :)

Attachments

• DSC00314.jpg
    DSC00314.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 74
Hey AE, if you can't get ahold of anyone to put the pics on photobucket you can email em to me and Ill post em for you if you want , [email protected]
Wise and I are on the same side ;) lol, hope you had a good vacation.!

Glad that the plants survived, Thats one thing I don't like about growing at all, I feel like I can't leave to go on vacation or take it easy cause I gotta water or feed my plants all the time, lol.

Hope all is going well for everyone on their grows, I still haven't found any seeds or clones that I wanna go with, I wish I could find the same strain of Northern Lights that I had, but I have absolutely no clue where I bought them online from, Just remember the bag had 10 femmed seeds and a marijuana leaf on the bag, lol, anyways, Gotta go search for my next plant to grow in the closet....Running out of time . ahhhhh My one clone is starting to get big, guess I should go with clones so I dont run into the same problem as last time, trying to get them all at the same height near the light.

master grower checking in here, if anyone needs my help please ask, i suggest anyone who is serious about growing start an account on icmag, and thcfarmer.com, one general piece of advice with growing, the more you give your plants in terms of love, attention, quality conditions, quality nutrients, the more you get out of your ladies!

I was ripped off by both those cats..... logic and gypme.... great suggestions.... i suggest you're here to spam.

Oh and less is more..... you may have heard of that..... up some pics mr master grower....ooh are you heath robinson...? :)