• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] 2010-2011 Community Growing advice, tips, tricks, & experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ for all your questions about leaf movement and position, just watch a time lapse video of a MJ plant growing from start to finish (you tube has em) and you will see how when a plant sprouts new leaves, as it grows out it moves up n down n an almost mechanical motion

i am not a grow expert or anything but i have seen these time lapse films on youtube and the natural "movement" of the plant may account for alot of the leaf movement u keep documenting

^^ for all your questions about leaf movement and position, just watch a time lapse video of a MJ plant growing from start to finish (you tube has em) and you will see how when a plant sprouts new leaves, as it grows out it moves up n down n an almost mechanical motion

i am not a grow expert or anything but i have seen these time lapse films on youtube and the natural "movement" of the plant may account for alot of the leaf movement u keep documenting
Yeah HoL's right, ive seen those same videos.

Are you taking these photo's after coming out from the dark period?

Plants will typically droop when they arnt photo synthesising causing all fluids in the plants stems/leaves to go down into the roots causing that droop.

Also mate how much are you watering her? I see you say you water a little in between watering to keep it moist? You need to let her dry out completely, the top soil will always dry out alot quicker then the soil under it.

Use ya finger, put it half way down and if the soil is moist you dont need to water. And when you water, that girl could take at least 5 litres water twice a week and she would really love you for it.

I think you said she was in a 5 gal or was it less?

Last edited:
I know, I mix the top soil about an inch and a half down daily with my finger to see if its moist or not, if its dry there, then I water it, if its moist, I leave it, and I've been taking these pictures after my lights have been on for about 6 hiours

ggg23.jpg

Still no sex, thinking about just 12/12 and flowering soon... how long should I wait?
Every time I think I see a preflower, 2 days later it turns out to be a little leaf.
lol
So, idk.
Still gotta go buy that rooting hormone, I just dont want to clone until I know its male or female.

Considering the relatively low light levels you are using I would be flowering as soon as possible, fluoro light doesn't penetrate like hps/mh does and ideally all budsites would be within 12" of the bulbs.

Measured 17 inches today, I was thinking about flowering today also, as , I dont believe its going to show sex, everything it pushes out is just a new leaf. Also, I have my lights around 3-5 inches from the plant, do I need to change this when flowering or does it stay the same distance? where did 12'' come from>?
Ive been using 30-10-10, or 30-15-15, what should I use for flowering?

I do have more bulbs that what you see in the picture I just move them around to be able to take the pic, i usually have 4 bulbs directly atop the plant, with another 4 bulbs in reflector clamps around the plant.

I thought 1 plant required around 100watts, I'm near 200, you still dont think it'll be enough to flower well?

Watched some time lapse videos today, didn't know they all do that
Thought my plant was having a bad time :( so I cut off a fan leaf or two (last week)
Hmm...So, should I flower? or sshould I keep on veggin

By the way. temps dropped down to about 76.
The past 6 days, the plant really took off, Im wondering if it will continue to grow quickly like this, or if the lower temps helped plant growth (I believe I read that higher temps can affect growth & slow it down?)
Well, The plant looks great, How tall should I let it get before flowering,
I've still got quite a bit of room for this plant to grow, but I dont kow how much growth occurs while flowering. Anywho, thanks all. Think Im just gonna take a cut tonight, root hormone, and put it in peatmoss and 12/12 till I find out what the hell is going on with this sexless plant. lol(Hopefully I can get the time to do that today)

It should show sex eventually, how old is it?

MD was reffering to using HPS/MH when he said light should be at least 12" away from the plant.

Not sure what kind of nutes you get over that way, but from what ive heard and seen from other growers Fox Farm's nutrient range seem's to be a winner.

Look into there bloom/flowering products and you shouldnt have a problem.

For any real decent yeild usuing cfl's I would use 400+ watts lighting, but 200 will get the job done, just done expect overly dense buds.

If your sticking to those ammount of watt's I'd flower now.

Are you still going to clone?

By the way. temps dropped down to about 76.
The past 6 days, the plant really took off, Im wondering if it will continue to grow quickly like this, or if the lower temps helped plant growth (I believe I read that higher temps can affect growth & slow it down?)
Well, The plant looks great, How tall should I let it get before flowering,
I've still got quite a bit of room for this plant to grow, but I dont kow how much growth occurs while flowering. Anywho, thanks all. Think Im just gonna take a cut tonight, root hormone, and put it in peatmoss and 12/12 till I find out what the hell is going on with this sexless plant. lol(Hopefully I can get the time to do that today)
Any reason for the drop in temps?

High temps in veg can be good with plenty of ventilation. Not so good in flowering though.

Your plant will stretch to at least 2-3x it's size right now if you were to flower.

Drop in temp cause there were storms outside, brought temp from 82 to average of 76 for about 5-6 days. and the plant took off quite quick.

As for foxfarms, I have looked everywhere in everystore this town has , and I haven't been able to find it, I've been to nurserys for plants, Ive been to so many places like OSH, Home Depot , Lowes, I also went to 2 pool shops, none of them had a fucking clue what they were even selling. I asked for ph meter, and they said they didnt have them (they were in the isle next to us) I've looked at about 100 boxes, bags, bottles of nutes, I couldn't find fox farms, or even that dynagrow or what was mentioned on the first page or two is no longer at the store I found it .

As for my nutes, they are just some flower nutes for acidic liking plants(Doesn't even change the ph of the water though) ..
So Im still gaining the ph I want by using lemon juice....still...
Can I also use lime juice?

Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing more lights, not atm anyways, as for cloning, I believe Im going to, Im just still trying to think of a way , that I can have clones vegging and others flowering

Drop in temp cause there were storms outside, brought temp from 82 to average of 76 for about 5-6 days. and the plant took off quite quick.

As for foxfarms, I have looked everywhere in everystore this town has , and I haven't been able to find it, I've been to nurserys for plants, Ive been to so many places like OSH, Home Depot , Lowes, I also went to 2 pool shops, none of them had a fucking clue what they were even selling. I asked for ph meter, and they said they didnt have them (they were in the isle next to us) I've looked at about 100 boxes, bags, bottles of nutes, I couldn't find fox farms, or even that dynagrow or what was mentioned on the first page or two is no longer at the store I found it .

As for my nutes, they are just some flower nutes for acidic liking plants(Doesn't even change the ph of the water though) ..
So Im still gaining the ph I want by using lemon juice....still...
Can I also use lime juice?

Yeah, I don't think I'll be purchasing more lights, not atm anyways, as for cloning, I believe Im going to, Im just still trying to think of a way , that I can have clones vegging and others flowering
Hmm that sucks about the FF. I think the NPK levels on the flowering nutes I use is something like 5/10/15, and I also use PK13/14 as a nutrient supplement. Are there any hydro stores in your area?

pH for flowering dosent need to be changed, and using flowering nutes wont really change it either. Dont use the lime/lemon juice, all it will do is lower your pH levels, and your plant is fine so no need to do that.

Did you manage to 'borrow' some wood planks from the site down the road? ;)

sounds like you should be buying online. PM me if you need some cheap shops, that occasionally offer free shipping. If you find good deals, you can get a $2000 room for $700... you just need nutes and a light... vent can come from lowes/ home de pot

Hopefully Ill have a better grow room when I get to move out on my own and dont have to do stealth grows in a house of people who HATE weed, haha.
Pretty funny though, I smoke weed in my room every day, they never smell it.

Remember the plant will stretch when it starts to go into flower mode so you have to take that into account in regards to how much headroom you have.

I've never even checked ph once when growing in soil and I've grown hundreds of plants in soil, your plants are nice and green which means the ph is acceptable to the plant, the soil will buffer the ph so unless the soil ph was too low/high to begin with then you shouldn't need to worry. (the roots can even secrete an acid to change the ph of the soil directly surrounding the roots in order to uptake nutrients)

I've got head room for the plant, about another 4-6 feet upwards it can go, it can grow about another 2-3 feet outwards, thats pretty much all the space Ive got, should I flower now?

The stems will turn 'woody', and even change color from green to red, in late vegetation to early flower. If you end up cutting a piece for clone and it's like that, simply take a razor blade and skin it before you apply the gel/powder...

Flowering in 3-5 days, once the plant reaches 20 inches (currently at 18 )
Growing maybe 3/4ths to a half an inch a day. Sometimes an enite inch.

Anyone know what fert/nutes I should use for flowering when I used a 30-10-10,

I know a few of you have said to look for blooming fertilizers, I was just hoping to get a number like...10-20-20 or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.