• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mass Psychedelic User Delusion/Denial

Nothing is "safe". Living is inherently dangerous. Drugs more so. And we all know that LSD can make you do stupid things or harm your mental health. If you already know if plays nicely with you, you keep a watchful eye on dosing to often, and you monitor you mental state before going into a trip (make sure you are in a good place and life is generally going well) then these risks can be minimised to the point that IMO they are as small as many routine daily activities. If you don't have one or all of these things the risks increase (first time user, teenager with angst, trying it in his parents house while they are home - how often have we heard that story - never ends well)

This X 1000000000.

I have always believed that tripping was far safer than taking any other kinds of drugs... I think this is true physically still, but mentally psychedelics can be very damaging. you might go your whole life with nothing but good effects from high doses, but you might also take a light dose one time and have horrible long lasting manias or anxiety. about a year ago I took a 20mg (high but not insanely high) dose of 2c-p and had the most awful sense of impending doom for three hours about 5-6 hours into the trip. for the next 5-6 months I would get panic attacks that felt the exact same as the 2c-p episode.. I had had more than 100 trips before that episode, a few times with similar doses of 2c-p and much more powerful doses of other psychedelics but that was my first bad trip that persisted longer than the actual time tripping. for the months after I thought it would last forever as the panic attack would happen from once a week to 6 times a week always without any sort of trigger. now a year later I have not ad an attack like this in over 4 months and I do not think there are any lasting effects at all. but psychedelics are more of a dice roll as other substances, where many classes of drugs almost always do serious damage, psychedelics will just suddenly do a tremendous amount of psychological damage, regardless of the dose, the setting, or the person.. all I can say to anyone who is worried about long term effects, they will probably go away. but it might take years, and it might be some of the worst experiences of your life. I don't condone psychedelics or think they are evil, but I am very wary about trying them because of the effects I got, seemingly out of nowhere from a substance I was used to, same batch same dose. it should be noted that I have never had anxiety of panic attacks before or after that trip, other than the random attacks

My friends were doing them properly -_-

yeah and there is that odd chance even a psychonaut will lose their shit, it happens. I don't know why, but it does indeed happen. No one is saying psychedelics are absolutely safe, they are safe with restrictions and exceptions which include the possibility of a total mental breakdown. Which is why people shouldn't fuck around with psychedelics unless they know the risks.

I know the risks; i've had drug induced psychosis. I'm still tripping tonight, i'm definitely not going to blame the psychedelic if i become delusional and do something stupid, well i may just because i am human and it's easy to scapegoat a drug but still. Know the risks, know yourself and environment and be very wise in the use of psychedelics, they aren't fun little toys to play with, they can either expand your world or make it very small, depending on the person, state they are in and psychedelic they use.

^ It'd be your fault for taking it.. drugs cannot be responsible for any affect they have.. they have no free-will, they are inanimate object :p

Enjoy your trip <3

I have personally completely misread signals (from gf) to only come to the sudden realization that my belief of what the situation was was not what the situation was.

That's got nothing to do with LSD lol, welcome to life.

Just in response to the first post/title, I always look at it in comparison with artists or inventors for example that were only important or successful postumously. Along with chaos theory, like a ball rolling down a hill two ways having giant opposite effects. but at the same time, something only deviates if there's a norm to deviate from. so someone that questions reality or sees patterns or has permatrips will affect other people. and if its hard for them, the positive is actually outside of their own ego. plus unless someone is violent they tend to rub off on others. so if a larger pattern plan exists it would make sense some people have certain reactions. like a key in a lock, only the other way around. I think the problem mostly is when nirmal things or traits just get overwhelming because tripping and new perspectives overload the brain. everyone only has so much working memory or just basic straw camel back carrying powers. nome sayn.

^ It'd be your fault for taking it.. drugs cannot be responsible for any affect they have.. they have no free-will, they are inanimate object :p

Enjoy your trip <3

yeah that was my point man lol

nevertheless if i went crazy and destroyed a bunch of shit and ended up in court facing jail time, you can bet your ass i'd blame the drugs! I'd probably just blame bath salts and not hurt the image of psychedelics though.

Prove it.

OP.. Yeah.. I have spoken to many psychedelic users who seem to be quite deluded when it comes to psychedelics.. My current girlfriend is a self confessed type of person we're talking about.

Like you.. I agree.. psychedelics can be powerful person tools (although i don't believe in spirituality).. But there seem to be far too many users with the idea that psychedelics CAN'T do harm. If you have a bad trip it's YOUR FAULT / there are NO SUCH THING as bad trips. There are so many users that seem to think that psychedelics can't be used for fun, they should only be used for introspective personal growth. There are far too many users that seem to think that psychedelics only ever show you the truth.. and not some obscure belief concocted from an "under the influence" state of mind..

I've also noticed a common "theme" with some hardcore "trip heads" that they have some deluded "I'm better than you, i know the truth" kinda thing going on. A lot of psychedelic users seem to think their trips have shown them the true nature of the world, or the reason for living, etc.. and that kind of belief, more often than is admitted, turns into an arrogant "ha, young one, you have to much to learn" kinda bullshit attitude.

I don't agree with the thought that psychadelics help your spirituality or mind. Sure you're just hallucinating and seeing morphing objects and junk, but psychadelics can really help your mind. I know a lot of people that have been through traumatic events and have faced them and came out a new person with something like LSD. Sure it may be a delusion, but life is really just a delusion itself.

I've noticed that trend too! A lot of acidheads and shroomers I know are very selfish and arrogant because they think they understand life and themselves more than anybody else.

^i don't find so, IME most are pretty open people.

you contradicted yourself there, not sure if it was an accident. Psychedelics definitely have therapeutic uses, i've worked out some intense shit, even found repressed memories and became aware of what was wrong with my life while tripping.

we're all intricately interconnected and form one cosmic consciousness. Even now MagickDuck is you and I and I am you and Magickduck, and so on.

This thread is a flashback. Scientists aren't deluding themselves in researching these compounds for therapeutic use. Maybe we are deluding ourselves that we think we can fix things by using psychedelics on our own.

for fucks sake there's no one on a permanent trip lol, if they are, it's not like a psychedelic trip. Overuse of any drug can create issues but psychedelics are self-limiting, go ahead and try to trip on LSD or whatever for a month straight. See how that pans out for you, you'll waste a lot of LSD and might think strange for a little while but overall, no harm done.
Several friends of mine wen't insane/schizo after an LSD/Mush trip, never really hear that from stuff like MDMA, wonder why. Psychedelics are terrible drugs for certain people, just like any other drug could be bad for others. Blame it on the person try to find excuses, truth of the matter is that there's a possibility that those friends would still lead a happy life now, and one use of acid took that away. Psychedelics are safe in the physical sense, mentally.. for some not so much.
It's the very odd person that takes LSD or a psychedelic and loses their shit, and the majority of the time, they weren't too mentally sound in the first place. Or they were too afraid to let go of their precious egos. Those people can take one dose and end up that way. I've had too many trips to count now and yeah i do have some issues from it like HPPD, outside thinking and other such things but fuck, they are benefits in many ways. I went into psychedelics looking to change myself, to perceive the world differently and i accomplished that goal. I'm not going to hang up the phone tho, it's always good to have a reminder every now and then.
It isn't the "odd" person that looses their shit. Google "Panic attacks from weed" you'll find a never ending stream of people with the same experience, and a lot of those have smoked for YEARS without problems before experiencing negative side-effects.
if you want to think like a conventional boring ass person then fine, fear LSD but for everyone else, embrace it and face the fear. It's like death, so many people fear it but i expect it to be an exhilarating experience or nothing happens and i don't remember, either way good results! so why do so many people fear death? and why do so many people fear LSD? people don't like change, especially ignorant, stubborn and closed minded people. LSD causes very little harm in comparison to alcohol, especially in regard to mental illness, so let's just murder this argument and destroy the OP for even proposing such a thing. Ah look i've become the very thing i hated at the start of this paragraph, oh how time changes us.

rates of schizophrenia do not have a correlation with increases in worldwide psychedelic use, so yeah, same goes for cannabis for you assholes that think cannabis causes schizophrenia, even in people with latent schizophrenia, the data is not conclusive in the least bit.
You seem to have it all figured out haven't you? Knowing why people fear death, why they choose not to take psychedelics, that they don't like change... If it's one thing psychedelics thought ME is that we know NOTHING and we can't assume and think for others, as each and every person on this planet, yes even the yolo swagg kids, are complicated beings with their own reasons that go deeper then you might think and if you knew that maybe you weren't so judgmental.

i'm not judgmental ? Psychs aren't for every one, you can make that choice for yourself and so can everyone else, so what's the issue? That we ALL seem to think they are the safest drugs on Earth? I don't think that, i think there are many risks with psychedelics.

and psychedelics thought you? now that's a strange idea. but seriously, the numbers don't add up. Psychedelic use increased dramatically while rates of schizophrenia didn't increase. Yeah cannabis and anxiety attacks, but so what? those same people can often trip on LSD without getting anxiety.

Cannabis just causes anxiety in quite a few people. Does it cause anxiety disorders? i haven't seen a single study saying so. Does it cause schizophrenia directly? or even bring it out in people with latent schizophrenia? maybe but the studies on that are not conclusive and a bit fucked if you go and read them.

there's really not enough research on psychedelics to say for sure how many people lose their shit on them and how many don't. I can just speak from experience on that, and that's all anyone can do for now. It also varies with the psychedelic, some seem more prone to really fucking a person up and others seem completely benign, like 2c-c or someting, or a few of the tryptamines.

and talk about MDMA, the fucking problems MDMA causes people are astounding if you read bluelight. Again, no real research but people have serious issues with MDMA abuse and recovery times are long, some people end up with lasting anxiety disorders. Did MDMA cause that? who knows but MDMA is neurotoxic anyway and is not a good example of safe compared to psychedelics, especially in terms of mental health.

we don't know 'nothing'; but i don't really want to get into a philosophical debate about that. Socrates sort of said it but Socrates isn't the authority on knowledge and was likely misinterpreted. That whole idea is more about knowing something with absolute certainty than anything else. I know for sure all bachelors are unmarried men though.

the fact you are so defensive says more about you than it does me. Perhaps a bit of LSD will sort you out.

Last edited:
No. It doesn't say shit about me, there we go, thinking you know my reasons for being defensive, based on an internet post. I took acid numerous times as well as shrooms and salvia, and never got any trouble.

I'm one of those people that do get anxiety from weed and I'm absolutely 100% it caused it instead of triggering it. I could smoke all I want without trouble and one day out of the blue I got a panic attack.

Never experienced anxiety in my life, and boom full blown panic attack after a random joint in 2 years. Truth is those people who go bonkers on psychedelics didn't expect it as well... I agree that physically they are among the safest drugs, but mentally very unpredictable and mysterious, while MDMA is neuro-toxic it IS predictable and generally always gives you a good experience.

Not everyone has a strong mind and that's no reason to look down on them, if it's all in the mind, perhaps the creative bright ones are more capable of producing horrifying experiences rather then someone who doesn't think about it and just "goes with it" ;)

the realization of our true existence, versus being humans in a physical third dimensional structure can be quite contradicting
i think what you maybe missing is the acceptance of yourself, your current state of being, in a completely chaotic masterpiece of a patterns :)

"reach for the secret to soon" comes to mind.
they'll be ready for you to be ready to be ready when you are ready

No. It doesn't say shit about me, there we go, thinking you know my reasons for being defensive, based on an internet post. I took acid numerous times as well as shrooms and salvia, and never got any trouble.

I'm one of those people that do get anxiety from weed and I'm absolutely 100% it caused it instead of triggering it. I could smoke all I want without trouble and one day out of the blue I got a panic attack.

Never experienced anxiety in my life, and boom full blown panic attack after a random joint in 2 years. Truth is those people who go bonkers on psychedelics didn't expect it as well... I agree that physically they are among the safest drugs, but mentally very unpredictable and mysterious, while MDMA is neuro-toxic it IS predictable and generally always gives you a good experience.

Not everyone has a strong mind and that's no reason to look down on them, if it's all in the mind, perhaps the creative bright ones are more capable of producing horrifying experiences rather then someone who doesn't think about it and just "goes with it" ;)

same thing happened to me with cannabis. I already had anxiety though. You sound defensive in that first line again :) i was just fucking with you but it's not all about just going with it either lol, maybe if you're anxious on a trip and fighting off inner demons. The introspection is special, the insights are special and the perceptual alterations are fascinating.

mdma more predictable than psychs? i suppose, but mdma is predictable like methamphetamine or another stimulant. You over use either of them and you get problems but one time only, all will make you feel good, tho being amphetamines are likely to cause anxiety and perhaps even cause panic disorders or whatever, just the same argument against psychedelics/cannabis.

i by no means have a strong mind, just crazy enough to love psychedelics. I border on insanity and embrace it mostly.

i am a psychoanalytic internet psychologist so i have the credentials to back up my claim that you are projecting your insecurities with yourself on me :) lol

They are likely, though MDMA or speed have never given me any anxiety problems, and I've used both alot. I don't really get anxious on trips, and if I do it's the kind of anxiety I can accept because it shows a reason why.
With weed it's another story for me though. I'm just anxious, and I can't really tell why. It's just an ungrounded feeling. And I think you consider anyone disagreeing with you being defensive so there you go. I'm not trying to persuade you or something, my point is there's different sides to the story here, it has other faces too, just like you can use MDMA responsibly and come out fine. But yeah, I don't really crave the "special insights" and all that jazz these days, I take drugs just for fun, silly me right? :)

Once you get down to it, and look at what this thread is about and what the responses are you realize: This thread is worthless, and needs to be closed. Furthermore nothing useful was said in it.