View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lsd + maoi = game over?

FrostyMcFailure

Bluelighter
So i was reading about the "ultimate drug experience" & i was wondering if in terms of sheer intensity- A large dose of LSD with MAOI would be the number 1 combo*GAME OVER*, Right? Anyone experience this, what were the effects? That IMO could be a fate much more painful & worse then death(especially since you wouldn't die).

That combo never worked for me, took the edge off even.

not all drugs are potentiated by MAOIs, there is a journal article somewhere which demonstrates that MAOIs have no effect on LSD metabolism, as the above poster noted it could even dull the effects as the extra free 5HT floating around could occupy LSD binding sites, but of course there are anecdotal reports here and there which state the opposite. a close friend of mine tried the combo and said that he "blacked out" temporarily, this friend is a big time liar though so i might as well have not written that.

i heard however that mushrooms + MAOI's = gameover. try looking around on erowid

hahahha idk why but i find that ^ so hilarious!

Im relieved to know no one fell victim to a "game over" from maoi + lsd. Thanks for clearing that up.

Shrooms + maoi however is an amazing combination...

mdma+maoi is game over
dxm+maoi is game over
like death game over

Lsd + maoi

i trie dthis combo once with alot of LSD (5 hits) and it almost completely counteracted the acid. I waited four or five hours with barley any effect, then smoked pot and the trip started. Pretty odd. I think the real game over combo would be LSD + datura or LSD + dramamine, because those drugs create a state in which you are largely unaware of the fact that your tripping. Not understanding that you are under the influence of drugs on 5 or six hits of acid would be interesting..... not to mention that all of the mundane hallucinations of talking to people would be morphing and neon

LSD plus benzo's can much more easily than LSD alone amount to transient psychosis i.e. retrograde amnesia and totally ridiculous behaviour.
Watch out for those benzo's more prone to this especially e.g. flunitrazepam/rohypnol is notorious for this. Happened to me with alprazolam/xanax.

Furthermore if "game over" should mean anything particular, cut it out
please it's confusing :)
As far as I see there is
- acute physical toxicity or side effects
- chronic physical toxicity or side effects
- acute psychological toxicity or side effects
- chronic psychological toxicity or side effects

Not to mention reversibility...

I thought MAOI worked with LSD though? St Johns wort at least...
Hmmm

I always thought the cacti contained too much tyramine to use an maoi as a potentiator.

I think it depends on what type of cactus, you probably wouldn't want to try it with peyote.

I haven't heard reports of it going wrong with san pedro though.

i had a great time with that combination. just for the reference

really? hmm thats weird. i talked to my dad about it and he said he did the same thing and ended up on the suicide watch in the hospital.

maybe it just brings out some kind of psychosis in my fucked up family lol.

i'm sure not sleeping for like 2 or 3 days didn't help either.

I read somewhere that MAOI's ruin the experience just as much as SSRI's

edit: I mean lsd, not to the above poster

Maybe somebody here can confirm this but I seem to remember youkai talking about this combo and saying it was extremely intense.