• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD better than E?

I think now that I'm a convert from weed being my favorite drug to shrooms & LSD...I would have to say LSD -
I would probably be saying LSD straight off, except Ive not done it enough times...MDMA is fucking lush...but there are so many things about being on it that are unattractive as FUCK...

They both have their drawbacks, but then they both have their extremely awesome sides - the highest of the highs of LSD I have no reached yet, unlike MDMA's highest of highs...

But - I do think this equation solves the problem - MDMA + LSD = :D

Basically, yeah drop acid...wooooooooooooooooo it has showed me so much about myself, reaffirming stuff that therapy took ages to show me...it's power is AWESOME beyond your wildest dreams.

PS I've just been thinking about someone's comment - "LSD euphoria is better than MDMA euphoria" - and for me the euphoria feels more real on acid, it creep on you OR hits you straight away - making it like a subtle joke (you either get it straight away if you're sharp as fuck, or it creeps up on you then you're laughing uproariously coz you just got it ;) ) - whereas for me with MDMA - quite often the happiness etc feels like it's being forced through you...

The Euphoria I experienced from MDMA was indescribable the first 3 or 4 times. But somehow, even though I didn't lose the magic all together right away, the immense overwhelming europhia never came back after those 4 times or so. Fast forward to now, the whole MDMA magic is gone for me, for sure. :|

I am ready to try LSD now. :)

Lasagna and Sushi.

However, my preference?
The conclusion I've come to, is that MDMA is like giving your brain a blowjob, while LSD is like giving your brain timeless and elegant antique- jewelry to wear- to keep forever. Because, I learn things on LSD that I take with me forever. The worst part of the MDMA come-down, for me, is realizing that all of the strangers you've just become "SOOOPER BEST FRIENDS" with in the past three hours, are exactly that- strangers. The elation and empathy you feel is a side-effect of the drug. MDMA is cracky, fiendy, physically rough on ya' (Helped me destroy MY jaw...) etc. When you are done with an LSD trip, you're fine with it. I don't like fiendy drugs- (anything that makes me want more more MORE! But, it's entirely personal. Seeing most of the people roll in the UT rave scene at parties and events, pretty much made me want to get as faaaar away from them as humanely possible. No time for introspection- just time for nonsense, fuzzy-feelgoods. I think MDMA suits it's original intended purpose best- as a therapeutic aid in couples counseling and very small groups. Al Shulgin is the man;)
Sarah

like everyone else said, very different experiences..

that being said, i do mdma way more frequently than i will do acid. for a number of reasons

1. acid lasts way too long, the trip is usually 8-12 hours, but i get lingering effects for at least 24 hours. after a while i just get sick of tripping for so long, i prefer short action psychs.

2. acid is just too intense for me to enjoy in social event settings like an event or concert. ive done it before, did not enjoy it so much.

3. acid impairs my ability to relate to other people , whereas mdma is the exact oppisite. way more social for me

4. i get strange body loads on high dose acid sometimes, way more than a high dose mdma experience.

so acid is good once and a while, maybe 1-2 times a year, mdma i can do much more frequently with better results.

LSD is amazing.
I think LSD + MDMA would be the ultimate combo.
I can only imagine both of them together.
mm candyflipping.
I'm going to do it very soon

candy flipping is probably the best feeling you can get, but i feel utterly fried for days after doing it, ive only done it once.

Lasagna and Sushi.

However, my preference?
The conclusion I've come to, is that MDMA is like giving your brain a blowjob, while LSD is like giving your brain timeless and elegant antique- jewelry to wear- to keep forever. Because, I learn things on LSD that I take with me forever. The worst part of the MDMA come-down, for me, is realizing that all of the strangers you've just become "SOOOPER BEST FRIENDS" with in the past three hours, are exactly that- strangers. The elation and empathy you feel is a side-effect of the drug. MDMA is cracky, fiendy, physically rough on ya' (Helped me destroy MY jaw...) etc. When you are done with an LSD trip, you're fine with it. I don't like fiendy drugs- (anything that makes me want more more MORE! But, it's entirely personal. Seeing most of the people roll in the UT rave scene at parties and events, pretty much made me want to get as faaaar away from them as humanely possible. No time for introspection- just time for nonsense, fuzzy-feelgoods. I think MDMA suits it's original intended purpose best- as a therapeutic aid in couples counseling and very small groups. Al Shulgin is the man;)
Sarah
well put, Sarah.

welcome to BL :) :)

gaian planes

Both please.

MDMA has unique quality's that LSD doesn't have and LSD has unique quality's that MDMA doesn't provide. So it really depends on you and the situation.

I think MDMA suits it's original intended purpose best- as a therapeutic aid in couples counseling and very small groups. Al Shulgin is the man;)
Sarah

I agree Sarah, cramped inside concerts doesn't do MDMA much justice. Outside in nature with a group of close friends, or inside at night all cuddled up in bed together is where the magic really happens for me. In these more natural situations is where MDMA gives me something I can take with me forever.

28gs84g.jpg

Why is bluelight constantly ask me to pick and choose??

I'd say they're equally rewarding at the time being. Initially acid was more, but I feel like I have gotten used to psychedelia. Of course I find E more recreational and certainly do it more often.

MDMA isn't even in the same league as LSD in terms of depth and breadth of experience. MDMA has its uses, and I think it can be useful therapeutically in certain circumstances -- but LSD wins hands down on all points of comparison.

Not to mention, MDMA feels like toxic crap. LSD feels like deja vu -- "I've been to this place before!"

I hear this a lot and cannot get my head around it at all - neither the subjective toxicity nor the "shallowness" of MDMA. I do tend to inject my mud though, and it has a rather different effect - way more sedating and psychedelic, I would say. Obviously injecting MDMA is probably not a good idea, so I wouldn't recommend it.

As to the toxic feelings, I guess my body chemistry is a bit fucked or something cos MDMA feels anything but toxic to me. Was having this very debate in EADD earlier. I won %) ;) :D

Ecstasy gets old after awile.
Acid lasts

Again, I disagree. Neither have gotten old for me and I've had my fair share of both.

The Euphoria I experienced from MDMA was indescribable the first 3 or 4 times. But somehow, even though I didn't lose the magic all together right away, the immense overwhelming europhia never came back after those 4 times or so. Fast forward to now, the whole MDMA magic is gone for me, for sure. :|

I am ready to try LSD now. :)

Another "losing the magic" thing. I just really, truly, honestly don't get it at all. Not in the slightest lil way. I've been using MDMA and LSD pretty regularly for 15-odd years and I can honestly say that everytime I do either (or preferably both together :D) that it's always as good as the first time - if not better. They have both simply gotten better and better over the years of our passionate - usually loving but occasionally a lil fractious and tempestuous - relationship. I certainly get more "depth" and "insight" from both than I ever did all those years back. Just lucky, perhaps. And a lil older and wiser, maybe. Possibly. Perhaps. Or not.

Actually, I have a crackpot theory on this: Seems to me that the folks who "lost the magic" tend to be the same folks that hammered hell out of (usually dubvious quality) ecstasy pills over a short period of time. I've done a bit of that over the years, for sure, but I rarely use more than a gram of high-quality crystal every couple of months and that has been the case for a number of years now... on average, at least.

I'm convinced that it makes a difference, cos the pill-poppers I've known seem to "lose the magic" and burn-out quick. Conversely, those that I know who only use crystal - and with a modicum of moderation - never seem to lose the magic. Obviously that's a rather small sample for me to extrapolate my hypothesis on, but indulge me a lil - Go on! You know you want to! :D

candy flipping is probably the best feeling you can get, but i feel utterly fried for days after doing it, ive only done it once.

Don't get the fried thing, myself cos I is lucky like that, but try preloading with a lil AMT a couple of hours before the Lucy, another couple of hours and it's time for her bestest friend Molly (can't believe I'm using American slang - what has become of me? :| ;) :D). Ketamine for the coast back down is just the icing on the cake. I thought candyflipping was as euphoric and blissed-out as it's possible for a human being to experience without spontaneously combusting... then I discovered what a lil sprinkling af AMT magic can add to the party... Wow! Is all I can say on that combo :D

Conversely, those that I know who only use crystal - and with a modicum of moderation - never seem to lose the magic. Obviously that's a rather small sample for me to extrapolate my hypothesis on, but indulge me a lil - Go on! You know you want to! :D

Yeah clean gear & not overdoing it really do make a huge difference :)

I hope you feel suitably indulged :)

My feelings about MDMA are centred around the fact that I seem more sensitive to the alphamethyldopamine metabolite than most - it plunges me in the depths of dispair (basically triggers a depressive episode). That just makes it something I can't feel too wonderful about. LSD & other psychedelics don't have that nasty sting in the tail; in fact I feel much better for days after a psychedeluc, hence my preferring LSD over MDMA by a long way

Yeah clean gear & not overdoing it really do make a huge difference :)

I hope you feel suitably indulged :)

Indeed I do, Mr B. I'm enjoying a bit of a chemical purple patch right now. And long may it continue :D.

Have you ever hammered MDMA in the past shambles?

^Very true, but if one were to go into a trip without any thought and just expected love and euphoria, one might be slapped in the face by the hand of the force that is acid.

QFT.

I once took a very strong tab (it was my 2nd), under the impression if was just another thing to get me fucked up for the weekend....

8o8o

Again, I'm begging you to give up the apples and oranges expression/analogy!

If I ask you which you prefer, apples or oranges, is it REALLY so difficult to answer? What if I ask you to compare them? Pretty simple for anyone, including young children, right?

Now try it with inflatable rafts and parsley. Little trickier, isn't it? How many examples can you think of that are much, much more difficult to compare or rank than apples and oranges?

LSD and MDMA are both illegal psychoactive drugs invented in the first half of the twentieth century. Apples and oranges are both common, roundish fruits, the juices of which are enjoyed at millions of breakfast tables every morning.

I prefer LSD, oranges and, in case anyone's still reading, inflatable rafts.

Peacelove,
Aldousage