View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD better than E?

Pinkpuff

Bluelighter
I think I'm trying acid soon, and I wandering if anyone knows if LSD is better than ecstasy? Does it depend on the person? What's your personal favorite? And how is it better?
Thank youu.

i think thats pretty "apples and oranges"....ecstacy isn't really in the same class with lsd...mdma is an empathogen, lsd is a psychedelic/hallucinogen...i LOVE lsd, it's absolutely incredible.

^+1
They're 2 completely different compounds which behave in very different ways when consumed. Comparing them is silly.
That said, LSD>MDMA anyday =D

Totally depends on the situation.

For a concert I'd way rather eat some MDMA.

For a walk in the park I'd way rather eat some acid.

Like the say, apples and oranges.

But...if you put LSD to its full potential, I don't see how ecstasy can compare.

I think I'm trying acid soon, and I wandering if anyone knows if LSD is better than ecstasy? Does it depend on the person? What's your personal favorite? And how is it better?
Thank youu.

Of course it depends on the person; in general, I've noted more people enjoy ecstasy then acid- but the ones that do enjoy acid seem to really enjoy. Personally, I much rather LSD. MDMA=bad comedown, boring/fake experience yadadaa. LSD=anything. It can be as good or as bad as you make it really...

Thank youu.

Only YOU can answer the question is LSD better than ecstacy. And you will only know once you've tried it for yourself.

Ecstacy and LSD are different in many ways, and some people like one more than the other, or like one but hate the other etc. It's a very subjective thing.

I suggest that you do as much research as you can about LSD and its effects, so you can be prepared for the trip.

For me, LSD is my favourite. This is for quite a few reasons, one being that the comedown is much easier from LSD than from ecstacy. Another reason is that the quality of ecstacy pills has greatly decreased in my area in the last few years. Another reason is that for me LSD is just a far more intense and meaningful experience.

You'll have to find out for yourself :)

Just like everyone else is saying, totally depends on the person. While a lot of people in this section will probably (and already have started to) say that they have deeper, more meaningful experiences on LSD, I usually find more meaning in my rolls, which are about empathy and collective experience while acid to me is more like a bizarre trek through the far corners of my brain. It really depends individually on what you enjoy and what you are trying to gain from using each substance.

Totally depends on the situation.

For a concert I'd way rather eat some MDMA.

For a walk in the park I'd way rather eat some acid.

Apples and oranges, yes. But you, my friend, have never seen the right concert on acid.;)

EDIT: oh and yeah, don't go into LSD land thinking you will get the automatic euphoria as you do with MDMA. You get out what you put into the trip.

^Very true, but if one were to go into a trip without any thought and just expected love and euphoria, one might be slapped in the face by the hand of the force that is acid.

since everyone else has already emphasized that it doesn't make sense comparing these two substances, I'll just say my piece...

IMHO, LSD > MDMA on any day. more people enjoy MDMA because it tends to do the work for you, it makes you happy even if you weren't happy when you consumed it. LSD will not do this, but as a trade off the scope of its therapeutic value is pretty limitless. it's also ALOT more benign physically.

I got meaning from MDMA, but it doesn't even come close to comparing to LSD IMO.

I find LSD more enjoyable then MDMA. E doesnt really do it for me, its not really my thing. Whereas LSD definitley gets me thinking and makes realize whats actually going on in my life. It really depends what your looking for and what you want. Its really a personal choice and opinion.

I've only done ecstasy once, which I don't consider an MDMA experience, but I can't imagine any euphoria being better than LSD's, at least for me. Sure, nitrous and shooting up H were incredibly euphoric and orgasmic, but nothing compares to the absolute wonder and bliss brought forth by some good ole tryptamines.

Well, this is the psychedelics forum but... MDMA is pretty boring, LSD is almost always an adventure of sorts.

Personal taste... I perfer LSD cause the trip is way more of a learning experience and I love experiencing afterglows for a couple of days after the trip(although E has been known to do that too but not to the same degree as acid):)

Personally, I much rather LSD. MDMA=bad comedown, boring/fake experience yadadaa. LSD=anything. It can be as good or as bad as you make it really...

Still disagree with this one. I've never really got any particular comedown from MDMA - bit tired the next day, and perhaps a bit snappy, but nothing that bothers me. I also don't find it fake or boring in the slightest, but it does seem to be tied to me preferred MOA for the stuff - can have quite a different effect. Also, it has to be crystal - pills are a complete waste of time (in the UK certainly) except for the odd batch that contains that magic MDMA/MDA mix that is just soooo good. Very rare now though.

Original question? As everyone said - totally different things. It provides a certain amount of stimulation (nothing like as much as MDMA though) and a general sense of well-being. Obviously the latter isn't guaranteed and the opposite can also happen. It's very much down to how much you take, how you are feeling at the time and what is happening around you - set and setting, as they say - as it's that that makes all the difference between a wonderful time and an awful one. Wonderful tends to be more common though, in my experience :).

If I absolutely had to choose only one for evermore, it would definitely be LSD, but I would surely miss my beloved MD. Both together is a whole other matter, mind, but perhaps not best for a first time...

Have fun, Pinkpuff :).

I prefer LSD.

And oranges.

I have no problem comparing apples to oranges.

Apples and oranges are both popular edible fruits commonly used in juice production. The sizes vary but the two fruits are relatively similar in that regard. When eaten in their natural forms, the peel or rind of the orange is removed and discarded, while more commonly the skin of the apple is eaten, while only the seeds and core are discarded.

Comparing LSD and MDMA is a little trickier, but certainly not undoable.

LSD is, along with psilocybin mushrooms, the best-known psychedelic tryptamine. Most people are familiar with the sometimes-exaggerated visual (and other sensory) hallucinations. MDMA is a stimulant/psychedelic phenethylamine, re-discovered by the chemist Shulgin and made popular first in Texas and California, then spreading across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. MDMA is better known as a party, or rave drug, instilling more euphoria than altered sensory illusions.

I can even compare things that are much, much more different from one another than the two above sets of examples. Just ask me.

I'm not bragging or anything. I just feel that it may be time for us to rethink the "apples to oranges" thing. It seems to me to be a meaningless cop-out response.