• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids KICKING MY OPIOID HABIT!! ( fka : Withdrawals after 12 days of use?)

im sorry man, I got oxy coming tomorrow and I know ill be eating a bunch if it when it comes lol so I know the feeling. I just was in the ER for fucking withdrawal and now ill go right back cause we are the same brother

✅
I will be following and hoping good things for you. You have been inspirational to me.
I want to see you succeed and be free.

✅
I will be following and hoping good things for you. You have been inspirational to me.
I want to see you succeed and be free.
thank you althea and i’m rooting for you too. please message me if you’d like to talk because I know how lonely this whole process can be. I want you to succeed and be free too. it’s all I hope for all addicts everywhere. we can do this.

You should go get your testosterone levels checked. After I quit I was tired all the time, using drugs to give me energy just to get through the day. I went and found out my testosterone was super low and have been giving myself IM injections of 110 mg testosterone cypionate for about 8 weeks and feel amazing. I also got diagnosed with adhd and getting adderall. Crushing it at work

You should go get your testosterone levels checked. After I quit I was tired all the time, using drugs to give me energy just to get through the day. I went and found out my testosterone was super low and have been giving myself IM injections of 110 mg testosterone cypionate for about 8 weeks and feel amazing. I also got diagnosed with adhd and getting adderall. Crushing it at work
I have to get my insurance back active before I can go see a doctor and establish a relationship. I also don’t want to get a doctor and they just think i’m a doctor shopper or something. if I could just get one to prescribe me some pregab and maybe some benzos for a short period I could kick this habit. man fuck the benzos actually because I don’t wanna develop a dependence on those either but I have suffered with intense depression and anxiety for years, hence my constant drug use.

Also will reiterate there is no surer way to quit a drug than to lose your connect. You can get creative on how to make that happen
I mean that’s a sure fire way to make it hard to get my fix but I will always find a way when I go into that mode. I could just block his number, delete the contact, and would lose him. I actually did tell him I was quitting and to not hit me up but I ended up texting him today. entirely my fault.

I have to get my insurance back active before I can go see a doctor and establish a relationship. I also don’t want to get a doctor and they just think i’m a doctor shopper or something. if I could just get one to prescribe me some pregab and maybe some benzos for a short period I could kick this habit. man fuck the benzos actually because I don’t wanna develop a dependence on those either but I have suffered with intense depression and anxiety for years, hence my constant drug use.
I have those problems too and I know it sucks. Not wanting to be around anyone or do anything unless you’ve got something to make you feel better. For the testosterone insurance is helpful but not required. I paid cash around 1500 dollars for 6 month supply. The test to see if I was low was free. I personally think depression and anxiety are usually cured by exercise specifically lifting weights and building muscle. Only time in my life I’m confident and not depressed is when I feel strong

I mean that’s a sure fire way to make it hard to get my fix but I will always find a way when I go into that mode. I could just block his number, delete the contact, and would lose him. I actually did tell him I was quitting and to not hit me up but I ended up texting him today. entirely my fault.
Priorities, ya know

I have those problems too and I know it sucks. Not wanting to be around anyone or do anything unless you’ve got something to make you feel better. For the testosterone insurance is helpful but not required. I paid cash around 1500 dollars for 6 month supply. The test to see if I was low was free. I personally think depression and anxiety are usually cured by exercise specifically lifting weights and building muscle. Only time in my life I’m confident and not depressed is when I feel strong
yes I totally agree. used to be a big gym rat when I was living in a recovery house a few years ago. never felt better. but that was in a controlled environment. where I was constantly being held accountable. I had like 2 years clean at that point. man what I would give to go back to that.

Hey @anthonyxx

It's too bad you're having trouble with the relapses. That doesn't mean it's over. It sounds like you've had some good experiences with being in a sober house. As programs go, I think sober houses are pretty good for a lot of people. I had a good experience with a sober house several years ago, which made me a fan. I still relapsed after I left. My family was so happy for my progress, they let me come home for the holidays and thereafter. I was drinking my Mom's sherry that night. After I got drunk, I took 20 dollars out of her wallet and wandered to buy some Heroin. The program was 3 months. I cut it short. Like you, I was aware of the positive effects in my life that my program had, but I made a mistake in leaving. Sometimes we don't understand why things happen to us in life. Some decisions are obvious though. I decided not to continue with what was working and paid the price.

We have a lot in common. By the time I turned 30 (I just turned 32) I had messed up, relapsed, repeated many times. Sometimes it's just the pain that makes you stop, as you're not able to compensate for the amount of pain you're experiencing with the drugs and are more or less forced to give up, or die, or go to prison.

As you had good experiences with the sober house environment, I can only assume you have gotten good feelings from the AA meetings those houses typically force you to attend. Maybe you can't go to a sober house. I respect that some people are not able to make these sacrifices for legitimate reasons. That doesn't mean you can't immerse yourself in AA/NA. I've always preferred AA and those who read me know why. I think going to a meeting every day could help you out here. It's not the perfect treatment, but it's the best one I know. I've seen very few people ever get better on their own. It happens. It's not the normal occurrence though.

I know a lot of people will recommend maintenance therapy or otherwise medication-assisted slow withdrawal. I too believe this can be of great help for people. I think even people who receive medication don't get better without fixing their minds. I don't recommend people to start maintenance unless they're ready to make other changes in their life. Having your Opioids paid for can just allow more money for things like Crack or Alcohol.

I would go ahead and return to what you know has worked.

Objectively Gabapentin is pretty commonly used among the Opioid-user community and beyond. A lot of folks will take it to get high on top of their standard Opioids. They are also commonly used for withdrawal symptoms. They're pretty effective in this way. I can attest to this from personal experience. I've also spent the past several years talking about Gabapentin and Pregabalin on a pretty constant basis. There are drugs like Benzodiazepines that will numb you or otherwise cover up your symptoms, as they would numb any person. Gabapentinoids seem to actually improve symptoms of withdrawal as opposed to covering them up. I would need to take very high dosages of Benzodiazepines than I would take proportionately for Gabapentionoids.

Most people will get significant relief from 300mg Gabapentin 3x per day Morning/Noon/Night. You could probably double this without any issue, so use your judgement. Also, Gabapentin is absorbed better on a full-stomach, so it's better after eating something, preferably something fatty.

Hey @anthonyxx

It's too bad you're having trouble with the relapses. That doesn't mean it's over. It sounds like you've had some good experiences with being in a sober house. As programs go, I think sober houses are pretty good for a lot of people. I had a good experience with a sober house several years ago, which made me a fan. I still relapsed after I left. My family was so happy for my progress, they let me come home for the holidays and thereafter. I was drinking my Mom's sherry that night. After I got drunk, I took 20 dollars out of her wallet and wandered to buy some Heroin. The program was 3 months. I cut it short. Like you, I was aware of the positive effects in my life that my program had, but I made a mistake in leaving. Sometimes we don't understand why things happen to us in life. Some decisions are obvious though. I decided not to continue with what was working and paid the price.

We have a lot in common. By the time I turned 30 (I just turned 32) I had messed up, relapsed, repeated many times. Sometimes it's just the pain that makes you stop, as you're not able to compensate for the amount of pain you're experiencing with the drugs and are more or less forced to give up, or die, or go to prison.

As you had good experiences with the sober house environment, I can only assume you have gotten good feelings from the AA meetings those houses typically force you to attend. Maybe you can't go to a sober house. I respect that some people are not able to make these sacrifices for legitimate reasons. That doesn't mean you can't immerse yourself in AA/NA. I've always preferred AA and those who read me know why. I think going to a meeting every day could help you out here. It's not the perfect treatment, but it's the best one I know. I've seen very few people ever get better on their own. It happens. It's not the normal occurrence though.

I know a lot of people will recommend maintenance therapy or otherwise medication-assisted slow withdrawal. I too believe this can be of great help for people. I think even people who receive medication don't get better without fixing their minds. I don't recommend people to start maintenance unless they're ready to make other changes in their life. Having your Opioids paid for can just allow more money for things like Crack or Alcohol.

I would go ahead and return to what you know has worked.

Objectively Gabapentin is pretty commonly used among the Opioid-user community and beyond. A lot of folks will take it to get high on top of their standard Opioids. They are also commonly used for withdrawal symptoms. They're pretty effective in this way. I can attest to this from personal experience. I've also spent the past several years talking about Gabapentin and Pregabalin on a pretty constant basis. There are drugs like Benzodiazepines that will numb you or otherwise cover up your symptoms, as they would numb any person. Gabapentinoids seem to actually improve symptoms of withdrawal as opposed to covering them up. I would need to take very high dosages of Benzodiazepines than I would take proportionately for Gabapentionoids.

Most people will get significant relief from 300mg Gabapentin 3x per day Morning/Noon/Night. You could probably double this without any issue, so use your judgement. Also, Gabapentin is absorbed better on a full-stomach, so it's better after eating something, preferably something fatty.
thank you so much for your reply keif, you don’t know how much it means for me. I actually completed my program and had a pretty good life for about 3 years and everything came crashing down last year when I let my guard down and got too comfortable, and thought I could do opioids again and control myself. that was the worst idea ever. I know I can do this, i’ve done it before and i’ve seen my life get better. aa/na was a tremendous help while I was in the house and the 12 steps helped me a lot as well, but when i’m not on opioids I usually do smoke weed and drink, which usually isn’t a problem for me. my problems start when life starts getting hard and I need relief. but this past run has shown me that i’ll never be able to take opioids and control it. when I get through these withdrawals I am never touching this shit again. I’ve decided that i’m going to get my insurance re-enrolled, and try and find a gp that will prescribe me pregab and maybe something for anxiety. if I can, I will beat this. I also need a fuckin therapist lol. bc I use to cover up sadness. I know myself, and I know why i’ve done this over and over again. i’m only 25, and have only been in this hole for almost a year. so it’s not too late, for me or for anyone. your words have really touched me though and i’m very grateful for the people like you on this site. thank you.

thank you so much for your reply keif, you don’t know how much it means for me. I actually completed my program and had a pretty good life for about 3 years and everything came crashing down last year when I let my guard down and got too comfortable, and thought I could do opioids again and control myself. that was the worst idea ever. I know I can do this, i’ve done it before and i’ve seen my life get better. aa/na was a tremendous help while I was in the house and the 12 steps helped me a lot as well, but when i’m not on opioids I usually do smoke weed and drink, which usually isn’t a problem for me. my problems start when life starts getting hard and I need relief. but this past run has shown me that i’ll never be able to take opioids and control it. when I get through these withdrawals I am never touching this shit again. I’ve decided that i’m going to get my insurance re-enrolled, and try and find a gp that will prescribe me pregab and maybe something for anxiety. if I can, I will beat this. I also need a fuckin therapist lol. bc I use to cover up sadness. I know myself, and I know why i’ve done this over and over again. i’m only 25, and have only been in this hole for almost a year. so it’s not too late, for me or for anyone. your words have really touched me though and i’m very grateful for the people like you on this site. thank you.

I'm glad man. We're all here to help each other out. :)

i’m just so disappointed and I had a lot of hope a few days ago. we’ll see how tomorrow goes. I wanted to quit without using the bupe I had but I think i’m gonna just sub w kratom for a couple of days and then start a taper w my few bupe tabs.
My brother relapse can feel like what you feel but it all part of getting clean . Whats done is done keep a positive attitude even if you feel like shit

Alrighty so I have a new plan. in two days i’m gonna start a kratom taper along with loperamide and gabapentin but i’ll only have the gab for the first day. thinking about saving it for the second day we’ll see. but here’s the plan basically written out:

day 1: 8g kratom 2x, 900mg gabapentin staggered (may save for day 2 depending on how I feel day 1), 15mg loperamide

day 2: 6g kratom 2x, if i’ve saved the gabapentin i’ll stagger the 900mg, 10mg loperamide

day 3: 4g kratom 2x, 6-8mg loperamide, may take a small sliver of bupe and see how I do and depending on how I feel, i’ll start with 2mg and taper down

day 4: 2g kratom 2x, 4-6 mg loperamide, maybe 1mg bupe?

day 5: 2-4g lope, and hopefully by this day I feel fine enough to just jump off everything.

wishful thinking but i’m over it to the fullest amount. not even sure it’ll work, maybe I won’t even have to go through the full schedule. once I feel fine, i’ll know it. let me know what you think and if any of this is a bad idea. my thinking is that I don’t wanna gain dependence on anything i’m using so i’m tapering everything as I go along. just trying to cut the discomfort of the withdrawal all while getting the bullshit out of my system. I know i’ll probably have a few mild w/d symptoms from the kratom and maybe the lope but I can handle those as long as i’m off the dope. please let me know what you all think.

Alrighty so I have a new plan. in two days i’m gonna start a kratom taper along with loperamide and gabapentin but i’ll only have the gab for the first day. thinking about saving it for the second day we’ll see. but here’s the plan basically written out:

day 1: 8g kratom 2x, 900mg gabapentin staggered (may save for day 2 depending on how I feel day 1), 15mg loperamide

day 2: 6g kratom 2x, if i’ve saved the gabapentin i’ll stagger the 900mg, 10mg loperamide

day 3: 4g kratom 2x, 6-8mg loperamide, may take a small sliver of bupe and see how I do and depending on how I feel, i’ll start with 2mg and taper down

day 4: 2g kratom 2x, 4-6 mg loperamide, maybe 1mg bupe?

day 5: 2-4g lope, and hopefully by this day I feel fine enough to just jump off everything.

wishful thinking but i’m over it to the fullest amount. not even sure it’ll work, maybe I won’t even have to go through the full schedule. once I feel fine, i’ll know it. let me know what you think and if any of this is a bad idea.
Do whatever it takes to get through and be free!
Opioids are such an evil and cruel trap!
We are pulling for you!!

Do whatever it takes to get through and be free!
Opioids are such a nasty and cruel trap!
We are pulling for you!!
thank you althea!!! i’m hoping this is a good plan and I have faith that I can do it. I will keep you all updated. sending love and good energy your way too💓