• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids KICKING MY OPIOID HABIT!! ( fka : Withdrawals after 12 days of use?)

anthonyxx

Bluelighter
So I’ve been doing about 2 points of H for the last 12 days and I decided i’m done, but i’m worried about the withdrawals as I can’t miss work and I don’t want any attention put on me. What’s the best course of action? I’ve been thinking about doing a taper but I really would like to not use any more period. I do have about 5 8mg Bupe sublingual tabs and am curious if they will come in handy. Any advice is welcome.

You won't experience major withdrawal. Maybe some minor symptoms, but not enough to make you miss work.

I also suggest you just stop now and not try to taper.

You're right around the point where dependence begins to form, and doing a taper is only going to solidify any physical dependence.

If you have not been dependent before (and it sounds like you haven't), then yeah, I would just stop. You probably will be fine. If anything you might feel a little uncomfortable, and probably will feel emotionally down, but if you try to taper, you will be more likely to actually catch dependence. 12 days isn't a lot, if you don't have a history of opiate dependence.

The more times you've been dependent and withdrawn, the quicker you get dependent again. I've been on and off (mostly on) opiates for over 20 years, and I get withdrawals after 2 days in a row of using, even after a long break. But that's only because of my history, and the "kindling effect"

If you DO end up feeling a bit of withdrawal, you can take suboxone (but only after you're fully in withdrawal), which will take care of it, but I' take the minimum amount you need, and as few times as possible, Suboxone lasts a very long time, so you could get away with just once or twice probably. But first try to stop without anything. At this point, the more days you put opiates in your body, the more likely you are to become dependent.

Yup completely agree with the posts above. If you do feel withdrawal then it's definitely better to gut it out and get it over with. If you haven't been dependent before you may have minor symptoms, insomnia and anxiety shouldn't be too awful compared to a fully blown habit.

If you've been dependent before, then maybe you could do 0.5mg of the Subby and see how that gets you, and slowly work on lowering the dose. As Xorky said, use as little as possible to be well or you're gonna make the situation worse.

Definitely better not to take the subs if possible though. Good luck 🤞

Yes to all of the above. Without previous dependence, most you'll feel is mild discomfort, and maybe a little jittery.

A lot also seems to depend on genetics, ie how quickly your body becomes dependent. Took me about two months of a solid needle habit to develop it. (whether that makes me a lucky bastard or not is matter of perspective xd)

Thank you for all the replies. I have actually been dependent before, the most recent time being november of last year where I had to go into detox for Fent. I got through the WDs and have only done opiates a handful of times through december, until recently coming with this 12 day use. So that’s what i’m worried about that now that i’ve used every day for the past 12 days that i’m gonna have withdrawals like I did in november. hopefully that explains it I don’t know why I forgot to include that info. does this change anything?

I would still try and stop asap if you plan on doing so. Just wait it out, you never really know, the withdrawal really might not be so bad.
A lot of the time we build it up in our heads and make it worse for ourselves.
I'd advise you to tough it out but maybe take a Subby into work and only use it if you're puking and sweating noticeably and just can't take it. Even then just take a little bit to feel better and try again the next day.
12 days would definitely get me dependant again but I've used opiates for like 15 years. But it wouldn't be a long withdrawal, 3 days.
You could just get loperamide and benzos or, even better, pregabalin (Lyrica). They're godsends for withdrawal. Just don't take the pregabalin for longer than the withdrawal or you'll get hooked on that, and their withdrawal is horrible.

yeah i’ve been thinking of getting a xan or two and using that to help. I don’t even notice symptoms when i’m on benzos. Thanks so much again for all the replies. i’ll let you all know how it goes.

I had a similar issue I will share: I planned to use heroin just once then took a little extra home; then bought enough for two weeks then withdraw for a week then (relapsed) and ended up using for two more months then had no choice to either go to rehab or get on subs so I got on subs and used that for 3+ years then relapsed on fentanyl and meth. Then lost my job then somehow got off all of it 4 years later.

I would avoid the subs but if your in severe cows then take as little as possible to get it back to a reasonable level (probably 2mg max)

Just remember that if you don’t quit now: one time turns into days then months then years, best of luck

If anyone is interested, I failed and continued to use for the next two months. I still have my Bupe tabs and 8 .5mg Klonopins. Had my last line around 11pm, it’s now 3am and i’ve taken .25mg of kpin to try and sleep. I don’t wanna buy more h when I wake up and wonder if I can get through day one with kpins until I hit the 24 hour mark and start taking a little bupe. Any suggestions?

Axe battler i always agree with his posts if you been physically like you said you will get a little wd . Get pregabalin it works if you not been dependant on them aswell get through the first week increase every day until comfortable don't worry if your use goes up a lot the tolerance is un believable on pregabalin i guarantee you will have a piss easy wd on them after day four taper day after day 7 your done

It doesn’t have to be 24 hours; wait until you’re in moderate cows or I gave in when I started vomiting around 18-20 hours but I was in severe cows. It’s usually recommended to take 8 mg then another 8mg but I started with 2mg every hour until withdrawals stopped and managed to feel ok at 6mg per day from 2 months of use(smoking)

Klonpins will help some but if you can get clonidine and something for nausea that would be ideal

If anyone is interested, I failed and continued to use for the next two months. I still have my Bupe tabs and 8 .5mg Klonopins. Had my last line around 11pm, it’s now 3am and i’ve taken .25mg of kpin to try and sleep. I don’t wanna buy more h when I wake up and wonder if I can get through day one with kpins until I hit the 24 hour mark and start taking a little bupe. Any suggestions?
Hey man, you shouldn't snort benzos, it's wasteful. Let kpins melt under your tongue if you want them to hit faster than oral.
May I ask if it's real heroin or fentadope? If it's got fent in it you'll need to wait 48hrs+ before taking sub. If it's definitely real H then 24hrs is usually fine.

Hey man, you shouldn't snort benzos, it's wasteful. Let kpins melt under your tongue if you want them to hit faster than oral.
May I ask if it's real heroin or fentadope? If it's got fent in it you'll need to wait 48hrs+ before taking sub. If it's definitely real H then 24hrs is usually fine.
I dontkniow whypeople rely on benzos in wd pregabalin dioes everything lets you eat sleep no anxiety i done the benzo routew before . I said before on pregabalin on day three i was driving my lorry delivering steel from swanscoombe to leeds absolutely buzzzzing listening to a boot leg led zeep concert on youtube through the speakers in Houston bonham drumming was shithot n when i got there because i could not come back because of driving restrictions i had to meet office girls i was chatting away little flirting and sneezzig you still get that. But be careful i got addicted to them use them wisely and respect them because it got a bite the wd on them are worse then heroin

Sorry I should’ve clarified, I meant my last line of H. I’m definitely not snorting benzos lol what a waste. And i’m pretty sure the dope has fent in it. So if it’s 48 hours will the kpins help me at all? I have a low tolerance to them right now.

I dontkniow whypeople rely on benzos in wd pregabalin dioes everything lets you eat sleep no anxiety i done the benzo routew before . I said before on pregabalin on day three i was driving my lorry delivering steel from swanscoombe to leeds absolutely buzzzzing listening to a boot leg led zeep concert on youtube through the speakers in Houston bonham drumming was shithot n when i got there because i could not come back because of driving restrictions i had to meet office girls i was chatting away little flirting and sneezzig you still get that. But be careful i got addicted to them use them wisely and respect them because it got a bite the wd on them are worse then heroin
Well it’s all I have at the moment and I don’t know where to find pregab? i’ve never taken that to be honest. I’m just trying to kick this dope problem and not be super sick bc I will go buy more so that’s why i’m asking.

Well it’s all I have at the moment and I don’t know where to find pregab? i’ve never taken that to be honest. I’m just trying to kick this dope problem and not be super sick bc I will go buy more so that’s why i’m asking.
At this point I would say if you still have the suboxone I would suggest like was mentioned earlier to go ahead and start taking the smallest dose to get you out of withdrawal and of course after you wait 48 hours from last fetty use.

I guess it’s just the 48 hour wait that sounds kinda challenging. Maybe get some kratom? That’s helped a lot of people with withdrawals and isn’t nearly as addictive as these other substances imo. Also, I hear about people taking subs and kratom together and haven’t heard anything about precipitated withdrawal from it. Though I am not recommending to take them together at all. I am only saying that you could try using kratom just for the first 48 hours and then transition to low dose burp or really I think just using kratom for 3-5 days and then cold turkey. Subs are much stronger than kratom so why transition to subs if kratom will keep your withdrawals at bay.

Just don’t get into another habit. But even if you did kratom is much safer than fetty. Just my 2cents. And I have used fetty/H iv and was on subs fur 5 years. Kratom probably will not give you a “high” per se, but it will help with withdrawals and give some mild energy plus a mood lift. Some people get “high” on kratom but these people usually didn’t have a past of hard opiate use. It can still be addictive but more akin to caffeine addiction for me. Just don’t use it every day indefinitely. Use it as a tool to get off the hard shit then stop.

At this point I would say if you still have the suboxone I would suggest like was mentioned earlier to go ahead and start taking the smallest dose to get you out of withdrawal and of course after you wait 48 hours from last fetty use.

I guess it’s just the 48 hour wait that sounds kinda challenging. Maybe get some kratom? That’s helped a lot of people with withdrawals and isn’t nearly as addictive as these other substances imo. Also, I hear about people taking subs and kratom together and haven’t heard anything about precipitated withdrawal from it. Though I am not recommending to take them together at all. I am only saying that you could try using kratom just for the first 48 hours and then transition to low dose burp or really I think just using kratom for 3-5 days and then cold turkey. Subs are much stronger than kratom so why transition to subs if kratom will keep your withdrawals at bay.

Just don’t get into another habit. But even if you did kratom is much safer than fetty. Just my 2cents. And I have used fetty/H iv and was on subs fur 5 years. Kratom probably will not give you a “high” per se, but it will help with withdrawals and give some mild energy plus a mood lift. Some people get “high” on kratom but these people usually didn’t have a past of hard opiate use. It can still be addictive but more akin to caffeine addiction for me. Just don’t use it every day indefinitely. Use it as a tool to get off the hard shit then stop.
Thanks for the reply man. I have thought about the possibility of kratom and I’ve used it before once when I was stranded in another city for a weekend and couldn’t get anything but K. It sustained me but I was still sick until I got home and started using again. I probably will try it just to get through the 48 hours along with my kpins and then after 48hrs start a low dose of subs and then taper off those because i’m trying to be done with all of it.

I didnotmean in bad way i have used benzzos asswell before i knew about pregabs i was just meaning pregabs a lot better

Yeah, I agree, Yuba. Benzos are handy for wd's and to help with the anxiety and insomnia, but pregabalin seems to actually take away a lot of the withdrawal. Combined with loperamide and benzos after a good taper, that's about the best chance you'll have.
I didnotmean in bad way i have used benzzos asswell before i knew about pregabs i was just meaning pregabs a lot better