• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

Any dose of over 3-400mg IV almost guarantees a siezures. I would just stay sober if that was all I had and I go pretty hard on drugs

Yea. It's the quintessential feeling of injected Morphine or Heroin. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is known and admired for its intense bang/rush/pop when injected. It also tends to last for a shorter duration than the latter two I mentioned. I just yesterday was in a thread where a BL'er was describing an addiction to said rush. This is a common occurrence with Hydromorphone. I would have to agree that the rush feels pretty great, but I never was in an area in which Hydromorphone was a commonly available thing. I'm sure there were people who had it, but I only used it when I happened upon someone who knows someone... that sort of thing.

It has a shorter duration of action than Morphine. I believe this relatively intense rush leaves the user desiring more.

I don't think people consider this enough, but I think there is a huge physical/cultural implication in how long a drug effects a person. We all are essentially programmed on some kind of schedule. This is different for every person and varies of course, but we all have some kind of schedule. We wake up, we eat three times per day, go to sleep, wake up et cetera. We might take medicine three times per day, exercise once per day, go out for dinner once every 7 days, but you probably get my point.

Heroin was always my DOC and represents 90% of my total drug use, with Alcohol the other 5%. I quit using illicit Opioids before Fentanyl really became the dominant thing, but did experience it a few times. Despite all of the chaos I might've had in my life due to my usage, my usage was built on a schedule just like my eating, my sleeping, my showering. When I was in Asia and had free access, I would use three times a day, more or less coinciding with my meals/waking/sleeping. It worked. The option was always there to just go crazy and get high all day, but there was a part of my psychology that led me to keep on that schedule.

Just like meals or even sleeping, sometimes I might miss lunch and only inject twice a day because of this and that. No big deal, it wouldn't kill me. Even if I only had one shot a day, I could stretch it out creatively and survive until the next day. Essentially it "fit" with my preexisting idea of a schedule. It also increased my confidence in my own control. The whole thing just worked and it all worked because of how long Heroin lasts.

When you start talking about Hydromorphone or Fentanyl and co. it seems the norm is injecting 5+ times per day. The increased number of injections, the chaos of living as an addict and all of that other shit I believe, just leads people down a rabbit hole in which they no longer really keep track of how much or how often they're using. This leads them down a road where they're just perpetually scoring.

Sorry for the tangent. In short, there's a wicked rush followed by a couple hours of being high.
Thank you for your extense explication, thankyou soon much, I apreciate