• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

I used to have a friend who tried this and we were shooting small amounts of MDPV at the time. He actually stopped shooting the MDPV and preferred the Wellbutrin completely until I had a talk with him and said I would stop injecting the MDPV if he would stop the Wellbutrin and from them on we just vaped the MDPV. I tried shooting Wellbutrin a time or two myself.

Not really worth the seizure risk really if you ask me.

I have recently been injecting wellbutrin 300 mg once or twice a day. I've read some posts on here that say there isn't much of a rush and it's pretty much a waste of time to inject these. I, however, get a HUGE rush from them a bit of a high stays with me for a couple hours. I'm just wondering if anyone has any long term experience doing this and if they can give me a bit of information on how it's been effecting them, After using them for a few months now, I have some weird things happening to me physically and I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same type of things.
Dude fuck all these negative comments I did it and I'm fine just don't miss it's a nice buz if u ain't got shit but it aint something I would wanna be hooked to but when I am dope sick off h they work wonders but slow it down man

I got endocarditis (inflammation of the heart sack) from injecting Hydromorph Contin beads ...I was heating the mixture melting all the wax/binders/excipients and it felt like I was having heart problems so I called 911, the bus took me to hospital

They gave me prednisone (steroid anti inflammatory) nurse asked if I inject drugs, I said no.

I read a news article that cases of endocarditis have Skyrocketed after Oxycontin was removed from market for OxyNEO and the use of Hydromorp Contin increased....people banging their Hydromorphone XR beads

Dilaudid 4 & 8 mg would be the most desirable

Injecting Wellbutrin is.....well....???

Speedballs are Amazing & dangerous
Oral Brompton Cocktail is Amazing

Last edited:
I have recently been injecting wellbutrin 300 mg once or twice a day. I've read some posts on here that say there isn't much of a rush and it's pretty much a waste of time to inject these. I, however, get a HUGE rush from them a bit of a high stays with me for a couple hours. I'm just wondering if anyone has any long term experience doing this and if they can give me a bit of information on how it's been effecting them, After using them for a few months now, I have some weird things happening to me physically and I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same type of things.
Are you still alive and kicking? If so if this wasn't a troll, which Ihave no reason to believe you are one, how did things turn out?
Were they IM Injections?
Did they really have any effect other than the rush?
Lastly, did the Bupropion end up developing any abscess or infection or other sort of reactions?

I would suggest, if you must do this, to cold water extract the Bupropion (main ingredient of the pills)....(will explain how later in the post). My girlfriend cold water extracted a 300 mg wellbutrin, filtered about 50-75 mgs of it in a spoon and...well...BANG! She described the high (side effects) as follows:

-warm body buzz
-slight euphoria
-a "jacked up" feeling

She then did another dose around the same size and felt the above feelings plus additional stimulation (the second dose was actually 30 mgs larger) an increased heart rate, and emphasized the tingling rush the spread from her head throughout her whole body. She said "It's an evened-out feeling" yet slightly speedy. Her vision is sharper and clearer and she said "My hair looks good" suggesting it boosted her self esteem.The feeling is unique and in a league of it's own. Impressive and interesting, but not something to do on any kind of regular basis. Please do this very rarely. Be safe and follow the instructions below to help get a more pure product.

Here's how to cold water extract the Bupropion:

** Dose related info. = 50 mgs for starters, 75-100 mgs for a decent stim. buzz and 150 + (not suggested) for big boys. DO NOT EXCEED 300 MGS....SEIZURE RISK IS REAL!! You shouldn't do this at all but if you do, do anything you can to be safe.

Step 1: Crush up your desired dose of wellbutrin.** I used to remove the coating but this isn't necessary due to the filtering process later.
Step 2: In a small container (pill bottle is ideal and what I use) put your wellbutrin powder in with about 2 tablespoons or so of *WARM/HOTISH*water (make sure the powder is fully submerged in the water plus a little bit extra...a standard pill bottle will be filled a quarter of the way up or so, no more than that).
Step 3: Violently shake the water and wellbutrin after putting the cap back on the pill bottle. Do this for 2-3 minutes until very well mixed.
Step 4: Place the bottle in the freezer (assuming you have one). Allow to get VERY cold BUT NOT FROZEN. There should be no ice or slush in the water at all (it should take around 20 mins., keep checking every few mins. after 20 if it's not super cold yet).
Step 5: Grab a small juice glass or shot glass. Place a coffee filter on top of the glass and push it in so that the edges of the coffee filter go over the edge of the glass and the middle is inside the glass, but not touching the bottom. Pour the very cold liquid through the filter into the juice/shot glass. Squeeze the filter until it's all the liquid is in the glass. The coffee filter will and should have some white flaky or gunky stuff on it. This is fillers/coating/binders that are inactive ingredients in the pill. The drug in wellbutrin (bupropion) remains in the water. You can do this a second and third time if you have another glass to pour the liquid into from the first glass (use a new coffee filter).
Step 6: You can the drink this (make sure you have a chaser, trust me) or filter it in a spoon and shoot it. Another option is to pour the liquid onto a large plate with a rim and microwave in 30 second intervals until the water has evaporated and you have a solid glassy/icey looking substance left. Do not over microwave. As soon as you can drag your finger on the substance and its completely dry, you're good. Scrape up with a razor blade and snort. Drinking or snorting this substance is much safer and you still get a decent stim. rush with good focus, sharper, clearer, intense vision, a clear (yet oddly foggy) head high, and a warm opiate like body buzz.

Remember limit yourself and be safe! Hope this helps!
SNORTING: So if your still on here I was wondering if you know of any methods involving separating the blockers. Would a trace amount of alcohol blended into the powder make a difference? Or a light acid (ouch)? Also is most the blocker in the shell or blended in for 150s?
Thanks (if this ever gets read)

Well well well
I have come to necro this thread and share my experience with Wellbutrin too!

I have to admit when I was first told that smashing Wellbutrin was kinda like cocaine years ago i thought it was stupid like many others on this thread. I still do.

I didn't think I'd actually ever do it until I had a doctor change my antidepressant to it. Then the gears in my head started turning once I developed a needle fixation.

So I didn't really look into it before doing it. I didn't use any fancy technique for filtering out the drug. It's water soluble so I just figured put it in a cooker and add water until it was dissolved enough to suck up with my rig through the sponges they give you at harm reduction here. Was kinda difficult to suck through the sponge. Not like cocaine at all.

I used pliers to crush it because they really don't want people chewing these things haha

Anyway I'm on 300s. Did mine in two smashes. Didn't feel much off it. So I tried another. Got a little flicker off the second one that lasted like 15 minutes. Maybe I didn't get it dissolved enough in the water? I dunno. I also on-top of this took it orally as prescribed earlier that day. So perhaps I had a tolerance to it that would limit the euphoria.

I mainly wanted to just feed my needle fixation and curiousity that day. I didn't miss at all, but my blood vessels did get slightly inflamed. Didn't hurt going in my vein at all.

This might be a little off topic but I'll share this too
...Snorting...
I thought this was stupid too and still do to a lesser degree than smashing it.

Screw it I thought the next day let's try this route since I heard it can get you high too.

I don't snort stuff like an average person. I don't like the idea of putting stuff in my nose that might clog it, cut it or get stuck in there.

What I do with cocaine is dissolve it in water like I would to cook or smash it, suck it in a rig and squirt little shots in my nostrils kinda like a nasal spray. I might lose a little, drink a little but whatever if I have money to blow on cocaine it's all a waste at the end of the run anyway.

The nasal spray method I found actually gave me more of an enjoyable buzz than injecting.

I was on the phone when I did it and wasn't keeping track of time but Im guessing it lasted about half an hour.
Had a slight burning and dryness feeling in my nose which went away after about an hour.
I've had much worse experiences snorting other stuff.

Maybe the reason for it getting me more high was there was some still in my system from smashing it the day before. I don't know and I'm not going to experiment smashing it anymore to find out. I have rather nice veins and don't want to waste them on anything other than speed balls.

I know about the risk of seizures that this drug can cause and am actually prone to the occasional one from time to time. (Tends to involve Marijuana for some reason)
I just don't care anymore and not likely to until I'm either maimed by my recklessness or significant changes happen in my life.

Clearly wellbutrin doesn't do much for my depression, but it is mildly stimulating and helps with nicotine cravings so I'll keep taking it as prescribed. When I miss doses I might nasal spray extras again for a little high but the high isn't long enough or heavy enough for me to really crave doing on a regular basis like other stims

All in all I rate Wellbutrin for recreation a 3 out of 10.

If I can remember I will update this in a month if something crazy develops like some weird abscess but I think that's only if you miss like any thing else and I didn't miss or I'll just update to say I'm fine.

If you are going to shoot it be extremely careful not to miss, push slow, stop reflag a couple of times to make sure you're staying in. If it hurts at all ABORT pull out and find another vein.

'Shouldn't feel any pain if it's all going in the vein.'
That is what my GrandDaddy used tell me when I was just a little junky.

If you really want to experiment with the high with this I'd suggest nasal spraying over injecting it.

Update: Still alive. Not much to report other than iv sites healing well. I tried nasal spraying another one and it seemed to feel it a little bit more. May just be because I wasn't on the phone that time or I got a better concentration in my nose?

Last edited:
I IVed 300mg of bupropion and I felt nothing.
I'm taking:
Venlafaxine 225mg day
Lyrica 3×150mg day
Methadone 50mg day
Quetiapine 50mg night
Lorazepam 5mg night
Etumine 40mg night
Amphetamine paste 0.100×6 day
Anybody could know why I shoot 300mg of bupropion and I felt nothing. Same as amphetamine paste,I IVed a nice quantity and I felt nothing. Its venlafaxine working? Its rare cause the same amphetamine paste snorted gets my high. Its about the ROA?
Thanks in advance!
Send ❤️ to all people with needle fixation

I would suggest, if you must do this, to cold water extract the Bupropion (main ingredient of the pills)....(will explain how later in the post). My girlfriend cold water extracted a 300 mg wellbutrin, filtered about 50-75 mgs of it in a spoon and...well...BANG! She described the high (side effects) as follows:

-warm body buzz
-slight euphoria
-a "jacked up" feeling

She then did another dose around the same size and felt the above feelings plus additional stimulation (the second dose was actually 30 mgs larger) an increased heart rate, and emphasized the tingling rush the spread from her head throughout her whole body. She said "It's an evened-out feeling" yet slightly speedy. Her vision is sharper and clearer and she said "My hair looks good" suggesting it boosted her self esteem.The feeling is unique and in a league of it's own. Impressive and interesting, but not something to do on any kind of regular basis. Please do this very rarely. Be safe and follow the instructions below to help get a more pure product.

Here's how to cold water extract the Bupropion:

** Dose related info. = 50 mgs for starters, 75-100 mgs for a decent stim. buzz and 150 + (not suggested) for big boys. DO NOT EXCEED 300 MGS....SEIZURE RISK IS REAL!! You shouldn't do this at all but if you do, do anything you can to be safe.

Step 1: Crush up your desired dose of wellbutrin.** I used to remove the coating but this isn't necessary due to the filtering process later.
Step 2: In a small container (pill bottle is ideal and what I use) put your wellbutrin powder in with about 2 tablespoons or so of *WARM/HOTISH*water (make sure the powder is fully submerged in the water plus a little bit extra...a standard pill bottle will be filled a quarter of the way up or so, no more than that).
Step 3: Violently shake the water and wellbutrin after putting the cap back on the pill bottle. Do this for 2-3 minutes until very well mixed.
Step 4: Place the bottle in the freezer (assuming you have one). Allow to get VERY cold BUT NOT FROZEN. There should be no ice or slush in the water at all (it should take around 20 mins., keep checking every few mins. after 20 if it's not super cold yet).
Step 5: Grab a small juice glass or shot glass. Place a coffee filter on top of the glass and push it in so that the edges of the coffee filter go over the edge of the glass and the middle is inside the glass, but not touching the bottom. Pour the very cold liquid through the filter into the juice/shot glass. Squeeze the filter until it's all the liquid is in the glass. The coffee filter will and should have some white flaky or gunky stuff on it. This is fillers/coating/binders that are inactive ingredients in the pill. The drug in wellbutrin (bupropion) remains in the water. You can do this a second and third time if you have another glass to pour the liquid into from the first glass (use a new coffee filter).
Step 6: You can the drink this (make sure you have a chaser, trust me) or filter it in a spoon and shoot it. Another option is to pour the liquid onto a large plate with a rim and microwave in 30 second intervals until the water has evaporated and you have a solid glassy/icey looking substance left. Do not over microwave. As soon as you can drag your finger on the substance and its completely dry, you're good. Scrape up with a razor blade and snort. Drinking or snorting this substance is much safer and you still get a decent stim. rush with good focus, sharper, clearer, intense vision, a clear (yet oddly foggy) head high, and a warm opiate like body buzz.

Remember limit yourself and be safe! Hope this helps!
Thank you SO much for letting people know the CORRECT way to do this. When I first tried this a few years ago, I used the same method only with heat. You can't stop addicts from doing these things, so it's better to educate the ones who are going to try this!

Unfortunately IV drug users like myself tend to develop a needle fixation and will try to bang what ever they get their hands on. I am also interested in the recreational use of this anti depressant. After a long battle with heroin addiction I have recently went on a suboxone taper (this only allowed me to go longer between bags) but at the end of my script of subs decided it better to actually use them to get clean instead of face certain withdrawal symptoms due to lack of funds for more dope. So I went the (some what) clean rout and am in counseling and was prescribed wellbutrin. Now I've done my research and have seen the nasty festering skin legions on the news articles from the Toronto globe but this is hardly enough to deter me. I wouldn't have gotten into H if I wasn't shooting diluadid in the first place. I am aware of the proper way to filter and the dangers in injecting pills. But I am broke and my family is fronting the bill for the wellbutrin so this is the only thing I can really get high off of and if I can I'll be damned if I'm not going to try it. Most people I talked to about it suggested insuffilation before IV use but honestly if I was satisfied with snorting I wouldn't have an IV habit now would I? So it's obvious what I plan to do I fill my script today. My question is #1 has anybody had any experience with injecting this and it not messing with their veins and skin? Is this happening because of inproper shot prep or is in an ingredient that doesn't seem to be filterable?
Every way I've tried to do it has called issues with my veins. I filtered all the fillers, etc. out with a coffee filter, then refiltered again in a spoon. I did wellbutrin many many times over a 12 hour period once, and it was hard to hit myself for at least a month. But about the needle addiction, Trust me I understand. I had to have my left pinky amputated, and most of the bottom of my left leg is covered in ulcers. I've had 5 debridement surgies so far, but I will hopefully get a skin graft done soon. The ulcers were caused by injecting suboxone, it completely killed so many of my veins, but I STILL can't stop. You're not alone ✌️

Th
I IVed 300mg of bupropion and I felt nothing.
I'm taking:
Venlafaxine 225mg day
Lyrica 3×150mg day
Methadone 50mg day
Quetiapine 50mg night
Lorazepam 5mg night
Etumine 40mg night
Amphetamine paste 0.100×6 day
Anybody could know why I shoot 300mg of bupropion and I felt nothing. Same as amphetamine paste,I IVed a nice quantity and I felt nothing. Its venlafaxine working? Its rare cause the same amphetamine paste snorted gets my high. Its about the ROA?
Thanks in advance!
Send ❤️ to all people with needle fixation
This just happened to me actually. I've done Wellbutrin in the past, and I was completely messed up. I just did 150mg and didn't feel shit. Maybe I didn't do enough mg of wellbutrin? I want to try again, but I try not to do it more than once every now and then. I already have problems with my veins.

I'm taking:
Venlafaxine 150mg day
Suboxone 16mg day
Clonazapam 1.5 mg day
Ibuprofen 800mg day

Th

This just happened to me actually. I've done Wellbutrin in the past, and I was completely messed up. I just did 150mg and didn't feel shit. Maybe I didn't do enough mg of wellbutrin? I want to try again, but I try not to do it more than once every now and then. I already have problems with my veins.

I'm taking:
Venlafaxine 150mg day
Suboxone 16mg day
Clonazapam 1.5 mg day
Ibuprofen 800mg day
Wellbutrin is a pretty mild stimulant.

Injecting it is definitely not recommended for lots of reasons.

Reason number 1 for me is seizure risks. Once you have one you're far more likely to have another.

Th

I'm taking:
Venlafaxine 150mg day
Suboxone 16mg day
Clonazapam 1.5 mg day
Ibuprofen 800mg day
Could I ask why do take ibuprofen?

Just a little aside for anybody reading. If you value my opinions on anything, listen to this one.

Do not ever injection Bupropion (Wellbutrin) also sold as Zyban (smoking cessation aid) in Canada. I have known two people personally, I don't mean via the internet, they live in my city. One developed an unstoppable compulsion and with an endless supply of a seemingly "non-addictive" drug, the only thing that could stop him was running out of veins. He did. His last encounter with Bupropion was when he injected into a vein on the side of his penis. His dick became gangrenous. Paranoia and embarrassment exacerbated the issue. By the time he made it to the hospital, they had to amputate half of his dick, leaving him with a semi-functional tube with which to urinate out of. You would think this would be too embarrassing to ever share, but this dude surprised all by publicly using his story to scare others away from injecting Bupropion. He states he had no control and could not stop. To think he would ever do such a thing he claims is "insane" as he already had very necrotic areas of his arms and legs, indicating what might happen if he were to inject there.

The other guy... He was a junkie for years. I know he'd developed a couple of abscesses from injection Buprenorphine (Suboxone; Subutex), burt was always in generally good health for a junkie. He was one of the people you'd always see downtown doing whatever the fuck, begging, stealing and shit. He kind of disappeared for a year and I only noticed when I saw him again in a wheel chair, flying a sign, begging.

He had an infection of some kind in both of his legs. He was unable to walk. The prognosis was hoping to save both legs, with the more realistic outlook being amputation of one leg and attempts to adjust to that fact. I saw the "worse" wound on his leg and was appalled by the sight; that such a grievous looking wound was found on a person still living was mind-blowing and I'm a junkie myself, mind you.

Do not ever inject Bupropion or you might die. People use the term Russian Roulette pretty liberally in this day and age, but injecting Bupropion is accepting that it could very well lead to amputation of limb(s) and/or a gruesome death.

All of this, for an experience that is often described as "uncomfortable; anxiogenic; terribly compulsive" and at best I heard one guy say "There was this one time it almost felt like Coke for a minute or two".

Alll regular advice should be followed. Micron filters, cold water, no heat with fresh equipment. This is like telling a guy he will be fine jumping off a ten-story building if he remembers to tuck and roll when he hits the ground.

I injected Wellbutrin many times and every single time it's left at the minimum a huge bruise and skin pop, always fucked the vein up permanently(yes after one use) or for weeks. So I was poking myself everywhere but my dick trying to find a good vein. One day I struggle for over an hour to find one in my foot..I didn't think I missed but I just have because within 60 seconds of plunging I could see my skin turning dark dark black. And it was spreading fast and I mean like in a cave no lights black. So in my stoned mined I freaked and thought " if I don't remove that dead tissue it will turn necrotic and take my foot... So I took out a scalpel and started slicing around the perimeter of this quarter sized mark(feeling no pain as it acts as a local anaesthetic I'm pretty sure.. Probably what caused the tissue death if that's a true fact) so I'm slicing around and now I'm at the real tough part... Digging the tissue out... Digging with the blade to see how deep it went( 3-6mm deep) so I ended up just sitting there slicing chunks of black coagulated blood and tissue thinking this will solve the problem...

Before this happened. My first time trying IV Buproprion was in my arm (I don't know vein terminology but the main one we all go for in the arm) and I didn't miss. It gave me a rush.. Of slight pain radiating throughout my vascular system as it moves.. Then a dirtier coke rush that was all in all not worth the 30-60min of trying to pull that sludge thru a cotton into the pin... Anyways a day later and I have a hot raised spot about the shape of a pear on the injec site. It was red, very warm, tender, raised and growing.. It was infected.
So what do I do.... No not go to a doctor that's crazy talk... I grab a scalpel (I often do "self surgeries" and have sterile equipment.. Not that it justifies this) anyways I take the scalpel and lance the IV site that has now started to open a bit on its own. And once lanced me and Friend both were slowly squeezing my arm to get so the ooze out.. Which was a lot. So I thought if I just continued that and cleaned it Itd get better. It didn't.
I had Cellulitis. My partner in crimes (dope) has a father who is a doctor and the second he seen it he had a worried face and said get to the ER. Thankfully I wasn't that stupid and listened to him and the hospital jabs a straw in there, sucks the goop out and then I was given IV antibiotics(which the phlebotomist had so much trouble finding a spot) all while being given the 3rd degree by the doctor and he said verbatim that if you continue this youll be dead in a year..I should have listened. Maybe my foot wouldn't have this huge chunk scarred over and would have normal blood circulation ( I cut out a good one so now my foot has terrible blood circulation which will most likely lead to issues in the future) oh and yes I forgot to mention. I did go to my Suboxone clinic and the nurse checked my foot and said I was clear of any infections so I don't recommend it but guess to show you why sometimes I'll just do the surgery/procedure myself.

Anyways months later I tried it again in my other arm only for the exact same thing to happen thankfully only needing oral antibiotics this time.
Long story short. Yes I've slammed it multiple times and over 50% of the time it needed some form of medical intervention to stop any further damage.

I know that dirty rush is oddly nice. I know but hell fucking no it's not worth it.
Id rather miss a shot of meth then have another botched Wellbutrin shot..

Stay safe out there.

• Heart
Reactions: CFC
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone new or about to try injecting Wellbutrin will have second thoughts and just not try it. I have done this twice it has just as much of a rush crushed and insufflated. Snorting is almost identical. This is the scary part . IV Wellbutrin has a tendency to necrotize the brain and injection site . If it does that to the injection site and brain what is it doing to the rest of your body . I can't remember what site I read this on but just look up IV Wellbutrin and necrotizing and something should come up . Look guys there is a reason people do real drugs and not shooting antidepressants it's because they have been around for many years and well documented effects . Wellbutrin/Bupropion is a keto amphetamine related to bath salts just crush them and snort or swollow them or just go get some good drugs . No drugs are 100 percent safe but some are a lot safer than others . PEACE LOVE AND HAPPINESS TOO ALL.....
I can confirm the necrotizing of the IV site (did not know it did anything to the brain) I read somewhere that it's a very powerful local anesthetic and cuts off the blood flow,etc way too much causing necrosis.
If you have anything I can read about it's effects on the brain that would be great!

But yes I've slammed it a few times( I just wrote this comment a minute ago if you want full story) and the injection site instantly started to spread out this dark dark blackness across my skin and I mean instantly.

I ended up cutting out in a stoned frenzy of anxiety and panic. Thankfully the skin was dead and I was high so didn't really feel it

Reactions: CFC
Just a little aside for anybody reading. If you value my opinions on anything, listen to this one.

Do not ever injection Bupropion (Wellbutrin) also sold as Zyban (smoking cessation aid) in Canada. I have known two people personally, I don't mean via the internet, they live in my city. One developed an unstoppable compulsion and with an endless supply of a seemingly "non-addictive" drug, the only thing that could stop him was running out of veins. He did. His last encounter with Bupropion was when he injected into a vein on the side of his penis. His dick became gangrenous. Paranoia and embarrassment exacerbated the issue. By the time he made it to the hospital, they had to amputate half of his dick, leaving him with a semi-functional tube with which to urinate out of. You would think this would be too embarrassing to ever share, but this dude surprised all by publicly using his story to scare others away from injecting Bupropion. He states he had no control and could not stop. To think he would ever do such a thing he claims is "insane" as he already had very necrotic areas of his arms and legs, indicating what might happen if he were to inject there.

The other guy... He was a junkie for years. I know he'd developed a couple of abscesses from injection Buprenorphine (Suboxone; Subutex), burt was always in generally good health for a junkie. He was one of the people you'd always see downtown doing whatever the fuck, begging, stealing and shit. He kind of disappeared for a year and I only noticed when I saw him again in a wheel chair, flying a sign, begging.

He had an infection of some kind in both of his legs. He was unable to walk. The prognosis was hoping to save both legs, with the more realistic outlook being amputation of one leg and attempts to adjust to that fact. I saw the "worse" wound on his leg and was appalled by the sight; that such a grievous looking wound was found on a person still living was mind-blowing and I'm a junkie myself, mind you.

Do not ever inject Bupropion or you might die. People use the term Russian Roulette pretty liberally in this day and age, but injecting Bupropion is accepting that it could very well lead to amputation of limb(s) and/or a gruesome death.

All of this, for an experience that is often described as "uncomfortable; anxiogenic; terribly compulsive" and at best I heard one guy say "There was this one time it almost felt like Coke for a minute or two".

Alll regular advice should be followed. Micron filters, cold water, no heat with fresh equipment. This is like telling a guy he will be fine jumping off a ten-story building if he remembers to tuck and roll when he hits the ground.
This needs to be way more common knowledge. I'm seeing people ask if they can slam this shit a lot more lately and it pains me to know some will die or at least effect their lives negatively forever.

I really hope this becomes more well known. It took everything in me to tell my doctor to stop prescribing me because even with all the issue I had I know I'd do it again... The compulsion vs return for this drug is so off balance. Yes there's a feeling it gives you good? No bad? Also no.... But the want to do it again is on par if not more then the compulsion w\smoking meth

I should say, for reference's sake, I have abused Bupropion (Wellbutrin) myself. I've never injected it before, but I've only ever really injected Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) speaking specifically of pills.

I'm an addict and at times I found myself with only Bupropion and needing to get fucked up. I remember the experience was exceptionally compulsive. There is a diminishing returns effect. You definitely will feel that familiar Amphetamine/Cathinone high for 15-20 minutes, but this will be followed by several hours in which you don't feel high anymore, but in which your body is trying to rid itself of the Bupropion.

The compulsion continues until you're overdosing, seizing or run out of the pills. For some reason, it's still a pretty uncomfortable thing for me to think about; the feelings of compulsion, knowing I might kill myself, but snorting more pills.

Can you explain how it was?

Yea. It's the quintessential feeling of injected Morphine or Heroin. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is known and admired for its intense bang/rush/pop when injected. It also tends to last for a shorter duration than the latter two I mentioned. I just yesterday was in a thread where a BL'er was describing an addiction to said rush. This is a common occurrence with Hydromorphone. I would have to agree that the rush feels pretty great, but I never was in an area in which Hydromorphone was a commonly available thing. I'm sure there were people who had it, but I only used it when I happened upon someone who knows someone... that sort of thing.

It has a shorter duration of action than Morphine. I believe this relatively intense rush leaves the user desiring more.

I don't think people consider this enough, but I think there is a huge physical/cultural implication in how long a drug effects a person. We all are essentially programmed on some kind of schedule. This is different for every person and varies of course, but we all have some kind of schedule. We wake up, we eat three times per day, go to sleep, wake up et cetera. We might take medicine three times per day, exercise once per day, go out for dinner once every 7 days, but you probably get my point.

Heroin was always my DOC and represents 90% of my total drug use, with Alcohol the other 5%. I quit using illicit Opioids before Fentanyl really became the dominant thing, but did experience it a few times. Despite all of the chaos I might've had in my life due to my usage, my usage was built on a schedule just like my eating, my sleeping, my showering. When I was in Asia and had free access, I would use three times a day, more or less coinciding with my meals/waking/sleeping. It worked. The option was always there to just go crazy and get high all day, but there was a part of my psychology that led me to keep on that schedule.

Just like meals or even sleeping, sometimes I might miss lunch and only inject twice a day because of this and that. No big deal, it wouldn't kill me. Even if I only had one shot a day, I could stretch it out creatively and survive until the next day. Essentially it "fit" with my preexisting idea of a schedule. It also increased my confidence in my own control. The whole thing just worked and it all worked because of how long Heroin lasts.

When you start talking about Hydromorphone or Fentanyl and co. it seems the norm is injecting 5+ times per day. The increased number of injections, the chaos of living as an addict and all of that other shit I believe, just leads people down a rabbit hole in which they no longer really keep track of how much or how often they're using. This leads them down a road where they're just perpetually scoring.

Sorry for the tangent. In short, there's a wicked rush followed by a couple hours of being high.