• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Injecting Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

wattster73

Greenlighter
I have recently been injecting wellbutrin 300 mg once or twice a day. I've read some posts on here that say there isn't much of a rush and it's pretty much a waste of time to inject these. I, however, get a HUGE rush from them a bit of a high stays with me for a couple hours. I'm just wondering if anyone has any long term experience doing this and if they can give me a bit of information on how it's been effecting them, After using them for a few months now, I have some weird things happening to me physically and I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same type of things.

If you are serious that is ridiculous and you should seek medical advice. These types of threads are probably not good if it is a troll b/c it could cause idiot to try it.

Thank you all SO much. I came to this site and posted because I'm seeking advice on HARM REDUCTION. I'm scared, and my addictive tendencies/personality won't let me stop what I already know is dangerous and stupid.I didn't think this site was about calling people names and being ridiculed about their problems. You should all be ashamed of yourselves

have some weird things happening to me physically and I'd like to see if anyone else is experiencing the same type of things.

Please elaborate.

I have recently been injecting wellbutrin 300 mg once or twice a day.

I'm going to assume this is serious just because it might be.

Why are you doing this? Do you not have access to any other drugs? What is your drug of choice? What can we do to convince you how horribly this is going to turn out (as far as abcesses and other health complications that ultimately come with shooting pills, go)?

I was hoping someone with some experience with this might reply. This is becoming quite popular in my area. My drug of choice is crack, but these pills are readily available and cheap. I know all about how bad injecting pills is and I'm as safe as I can be

You didn't answer my first question. What "weird" things are you experiencing physically?

You're not going to find many people with experience with this because it's not something anyone typically does.

Where do you get these pills?

I was hoping someone with some experience with this might reply. This is becoming quite popular in my area. My drug of choice is crack, but these pills are readily available and cheap. I know all about how bad injecting pills is and I'm as safe as I can be

wattster i dont know where you are from but This trend on IV wellbutrin is starting in my community as well i know 4-5 people who inject this oin the regular now, and have seen some very bad abscess and infections from missed shots of bupropion, last week a guy i know had a terrible one on his hand

I have injected 150mg half a wellbutrinXL 300mg, it was given to me by the guy with the hand abscess. He told me/along with a bunch of other people in my town that it has a nice rush and they were comparing it to a cocaine rush with sum lasting residual effect. So i had this half an XL(150mg) and i had planed on saving it for the next day. \but just prior to being given the half pill i had gotten a bunch of serax 30mg from buddys mom..so at the time of injection of the bupropion i had ingested 210mg of oxazapam ontop of my 65mg daily dose of methadone, So i was already quite buzzed when i injected..but a nice rush came over me and it was decent i was surprised that a weird anti-depressant/smoking cessation drug would yeild a rush like this...altho it is a substituted amphetamine so hey ..all in all i will inject this again sumtime, thinking about just going to the doc and asking for it to stop smoking. But im sure that it cannot be good for you! i mean just seeing buddys hand all huge and abscessed with the caved in crater scab...
So i guess watt for harm-reduction as far as this one goes..if your gunna inject then dont fuckin miss with this shit!! get a fuckin wheel filter..hell get a box or two

No personal experience, but I thought I'd try to find medical citations and such and....

.... there really isn't anything out there. At least that I can find. Depending on which preparation you're shooting, it could really be fucking you up.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I can't imagine this is worth losing an arm or what. Not good.

^^ yeh morph is deff isnt worth losing a limb over that is for sure! ..like i said i tried it once with 150mg but i was already wasted off benzos+methadone mixture..
I will try this one more time without the benzos in the mix but only for experimental purpose, in no way i could imagine injecting this more then once in a blue moon...i mean the shit dissolves very easily in water, lmost has an oily look, a filter should most deffinatly be used..(altho i have never used one b4 in my life, but plan on ordering a box) and when injected did have a nice rush that i would compare to as almost cocaine like,,like a coca/amp mix rush with a lite amp feel that follows after injection for a period of time.
But the abscesses i have seen were not pretty fellas lemme tell yahs!

Thou: sometimes when I shoot one, it seems like all of my previous injection sites become swollen and itchy. I'm thinking this is some sort of allergic reaction. And yes, I've missed a couple times and it's horrible

Are you kidding? You want a seizure? Because that's where you're headed.
I took it, as prescribed. I didn't do any other drugs or drink with it.
I passed out during a seizure, hit my head on concrete and ended up in the hospital, I turned blue, almost died and then had my daughter taken away because the metabolites in the wellburtin tested positive for meth.
Not to mention from February-June i lost at least 30 pounds.
I had the body of a ten year old.
don't fuck with that nasty shit. ESPECIALLY INJECTING IT.
I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'D DO THAT

I feel like a lot of people are missing the point of this board. Every second thread has people responding with "wtf is wrong with you idiot" kind of stuff instead of offering any real info. In this thread, things eventually got answered, but I don't see the need for the initial uneducated abuse..
Yea, it will get you high, but it is also very dangerous. Abcesses are severe and common. Also could cause blockages in your blood vessels (as I'm sure you could guess just from the consistency if the fluid youre injecting). Best to stay away, but if you must, be prepared for these very real risks. Better off without! Can't stress that enough!

I would suggest, if you must do this, to cold water extract the Bupropion (main ingredient of the pills)....(will explain how later in the post). My girlfriend cold water extracted a 300 mg wellbutrin, filtered about 50-75 mgs of it in a spoon and...well...BANG! She described the high (side effects) as follows:

-warm body buzz
-slight euphoria
-a "jacked up" feeling

She then did another dose around the same size and felt the above feelings plus additional stimulation (the second dose was actually 30 mgs larger) an increased heart rate, and emphasized the tingling rush the spread from her head throughout her whole body. She said "It's an evened-out feeling" yet slightly speedy. Her vision is sharper and clearer and she said "My hair looks good" suggesting it boosted her self esteem.The feeling is unique and in a league of it's own. Impressive and interesting, but not something to do on any kind of regular basis. Please do this very rarely. Be safe and follow the instructions below to help get a more pure product.

Here's how to cold water extract the Bupropion:

** Dose related info. = 50 mgs for starters, 75-100 mgs for a decent stim. buzz and 150 + (not suggested) for big boys. DO NOT EXCEED 300 MGS....SEIZURE RISK IS REAL!! You shouldn't do this at all but if you do, do anything you can to be safe.

Step 1:
Crush up your desired dose of wellbutrin.** I used to remove the coating but this isn't necessary due to the filtering process later.
Step 2: In a small container (pill bottle is ideal and what I use) put your wellbutrin powder in with about 2 tablespoons or so of *WARM/HOTISH*water (make sure the powder is fully submerged in the water plus a little bit extra...a standard pill bottle will be filled a quarter of the way up or so, no more than that).
Step 3: Violently shake the water and wellbutrin after putting the cap back on the pill bottle. Do this for 2-3 minutes until very well mixed.
Step 4: Place the bottle in the freezer (assuming you have one). Allow to get VERY cold BUT NOT FROZEN. There should be no ice or slush in the water at all (it should take around 20 mins., keep checking every few mins. after 20 if it's not super cold yet).
Step 5: Grab a small juice glass or shot glass. Place a coffee filter on top of the glass and push it in so that the edges of the coffee filter go over the edge of the glass and the middle is inside the glass, but not touching the bottom. Pour the very cold liquid through the filter into the juice/shot glass. Squeeze the filter until it's all the liquid is in the glass. The coffee filter will and should have some white flaky or gunky stuff on it. This is fillers/coating/binders that are inactive ingredients in the pill. The drug in wellbutrin (bupropion) remains in the water. You can do this a second and third time if you have another glass to pour the liquid into from the first glass (use a new coffee filter).
Step 6: You can the drink this (make sure you have a chaser, trust me) or filter it in a spoon and shoot it. Another option is to pour the liquid onto a large plate with a rim and microwave in 30 second intervals until the water has evaporated and you have a solid glassy/icey looking substance left. Do not over microwave. As soon as you can drag your finger on the substance and its completely dry, you're good. Scrape up with a razor blade and snort. Drinking or snorting this substance is much safer and you still get a decent stim. rush with good focus, sharper, clearer, intense vision, a clear (yet oddly foggy) head high, and a warm opiate like body buzz.

Remember limit yourself and be safe! Hope this helps!

I have heard of a lot of IV users doing this to treat their needle fixation when no dope is around. I've heard it doesnt give much of a rush and is hell on you're veins. You need to stop immediately since you said you are already having physical side effects. Bupropion is NOT recreational and was definitely NOT meant for intravenous injection.