I see Dumb people.

?

Mr Samadhi said:
I still dont see preacha in here ;) =D

Bruthaz gotz ta have a holiday.
It's Rama-Somethink, yeah?

costumed-smiley-009.gif

TOLERANCE!!!

If I actually sat here and compile a list of all the stupidity I see on a daily basis, in the news, on the radio, on the television, the intenet, not to mention in real life, both on the street and in our social, economic, and political habits, I think it would take 7 years and shave off several points off my own IQ out of exhaustion/disgust.

The foundations are crumbling.

This still makes me laugh (and cringe)

Myself and my ex were having a chat one day, normally a precursor to an argument, and I said something along the lines of "drinking milk is like drinking liquid meat"
Of course she tried to argue with me over it saying it was the silliest thing she's ever heard.
I just left it at that.
A few weeks later we were watching something on SBS when someone said something about the animal fats in milk.
She looked at me suprised and said "I didn't know milk had animal fat in it!"
I then explained to her that seeing that a cow that is neither a vegetable nor a mineral that it is pretty damn obvious that it would have animal fat in milk, and explained to her my previous "liquid meat" comments.

The thing that blows me away the most is that she has a masters degree in science :|

lol

I was somewhere on the mid-north coast of nsw and was sitting on the beach with a couple of people. A good 10 - 12 km's off shore is some kind of large rock platform in the middle of the ocean and its big enough to resemble and island.

This girl turns to us and says "I never realised you could actually see Tasmania"

Some of the other guys that where there went to school with her and says she would drop clangers like that all the time and actually asked the semi rhetorical question "Italy? Thats in California isn't it"

apparently she also came to school one morning sans school bag

rm2x said:
from cows, but she didn't put 2 and 2 together
I take it she's uninformed on the dangers of animal products and their liklihood of ensuring a slow and painful death, due to heart disease and/or related fates.

I'm not vegan because I love animals, thats incidental (I do however love animals, always have). Call me selfish, I'm just afraid of heart disease.

Either way, I suppose it's an uncalled for digression. Just "food" for thought. (And NO, I am in no way judging anyone, I don't do that. I merely grab the facts, and try to keep breathing, promoting others to do the same).

Just to clarify, is this a thread about outright stupidity, the likes of which you find in the every day mindless, thoughtless, media slave; or, those with above (or at least) average intelligence, but with a complete and utter lack of overall common sense (I find both to be fairly common)?

^
MazDan said:
Share your stories of having to put up with moronic behaviour or maybe some you have witnessed lately.
i once read this post on the interwebs where this guy couldn't understand simple instructions. ;)

2c-buoyant said:
Just to clarify, is this a thread about outright stupidity, the likes of which you find in the every day mindless, thoughtless, media slave; or, those with above (or at least) average intelligence, but with a complete and utter lack of overall common sense (I find both to be fairly common)?

Backstreet Boys

The answers Backstreet Boys

People who indicate to turn right on a roundabout but are actually turning left to come off the roundabout. Its not mistake, alot of people think that thats the rules. If not, there are alot of mistakes out there IE EVERY FUCKING TIME I USE A ROUND ABOUT!

The rule is indicate left, LEFT you dumb dickheads!

:D

Don't you just stick the tube in the petrol... hole and pull the trigger? Can you tell I don't drive? =D

Stuttering_Stanley said:
New Jersey's gas stations are ALL full service. Gas is about as cheap as it gets there, too, so there's little reason for them to even think about gas often.

I have family from Jersey, and I can assure you that this is not an isolated phenomena. It's just understood that a qualified Albanian technician will come pump it for you. They never tip either. Not even in blizzards, drives me nuts.

It sounds pretty stupid, and I would suggest that everyone "learn" how to pump their own gas, but it's part of Dirty Jersey's culture.

what are you talking about. Whats a new jersey?

How does one pump gas.?

I belive that in the states, well in some states such as New Jersey... It is illegal to pump your own gas. I.E. A service attendant pumps it for you. So its not necessarily that they dont know how to, it more that they arent allowed to, so wouldnt know how to do it if they had to. :)

Klue, you're doing an ironic meta-commentary on dumb people, right? :\ ;)

Hmm, I dont understand that post as much as it seems I didnt understand eggmans. :\

Klue sleep now.

Sorry, someone was flipping channels and happened back on the NJ gas pumping topic, one which I could expand upon now that we're here.

The same beloved person I mentioned earlier is in fact born and raised in NJ. She moved out of state for college and had a helluva time since hardly anywhere had full service. It took her awhile to figure out that she had to pump her own gas, as well as how to go about it. The flipside of that is in visiting her family in NJ, I nearly got bitchslapped for trying to get out of the vehicle and pump my own gas. I was infringing on the man's job and means of making a living. I did not realize I was required to remain in the car at all times and simply crack the window to place my order and conduct the transaction :|

Same person, picked where to go to college based solely upon a visit to check out the campus that co-incided with a rivalry sporting event. She decided she had to go to a school that was that much fun (Go UF :D ). Bonus fact - she was visiting with her mother, and the two of them locked their keys in the car with it running, but left it that way to enjoy the game. Our team won.

Her room mate (and still bestest friend) got through their first year of school and towards the end the room mate comes in to find my person studying at the table:
What are you doing?
Studying. We've got final exams this week.
Where'd you get those textbooks?
From the bookstore. We were supposed to get them at the beginning of the term. Don't you have your textbooks?
No. I thought they were supposed to give them to you like in High School.

...the roommate failed that first semester, but later went on to become an instructor of tiny children. :|