Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I see Dumb people.

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Share your stories of having to put up with moronic behaviour or maybe some you have witnessed lately.

I find that the world is full of them.

Being a sparky, I advertise in the local paper. But why do people think that means they can ring at 8pm on a sunday night and ask for a quote on how much to fix there light that has been broken for a year??????

Without fail, every time I go through a Coles checkout with nuts, I'll get asked "What kind of nuts are these?"

Um, they're almonds. It's not that hard!

I'm sure I'll think of a maccas' one too ;) We're never-endingly bemused by maccas staff.

MazDan said:
Being a sparky, I advertise in the local paper. But why do people think that means they can ring at 8pm on a sunday night and ask for a quote on how much to fix there light that has been broken for a year??????

People who expect a full spec & quote for free.

People who dont have inspections for 7 years.

People who insist on keeping their 40 year old switchgear (cast iron isolators, and all), because a new distribution board is just too expensive.

maintenance men, who think theyre electricians.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

-George Carlin

2c-buoyant said:
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

-George Carlin

Hahahaha!!!=D

QFT

A girl at the gas station who didn't know how to pump her own gas, came in, said she was from Jersey, but had PA plates.8)

Come to think of it most chicks don't know what side their own gas tank is on.

dbailey11 said:
Hahahaha!!!=D

QFT

A girl at the gas station who didn't know how to pump her own gas, came in, said she was from Jersey, but had PA plates.8)

I know what side mine is on, but always forget to check when I'm driving someone else's or a rental.

BUT!! I recently discovered that the little image of a petrol pump on your dashboard tells you! The side that the hose/handle is on is the side your tank is on!

npetrol119.jpg

joannie_mhm said:
BUT!! I recently discovered that the little image of a petrol pump on your dashboard tells you! The side that the hose/handle is on is the side your tank is on!

That's pure fiction. It's obviously the case for your car (and I imagine probably about 50% of the rest of the cars out there), but that's chance more than anything else. I've checked a few cars since I got that email, and for most of them it's not the case.

On some cars the fuel warning light has a little arrow to tell people what side the filler is on, but most of them just rely on people being able to remember. If the hose side trick is true for your car, it's a handy way to remember, but it's not a deliberate indicator.

joannie_mhm said:
I know what side mine is on, but always forget to check when I'm driving someone else's or a rental.

npetrol119.jpg

Really???

I never knew that..see you learn something everyday.

OK I have another to add............. I got a call this morning from a lady asking me to fix her freezer.

IM sorry I dont repair freezers, you need to talk to an appliance technician. May I suggest you call the company that makes your freezer and call them asking for the nearest service center.

No. My daughter told me she found your phone number in the paper and that you will fix it.

Im sorry mam I cant help you.

What do you mean you cant help me?

Well I cant help you anymore than I already have done by explaining to you what you need to do. (Yes by this stage im starting to wonder if Im on candid camera.)

But that wont help me, I have never heard of this company.

(Thinking to myself......well that makes a lot of sense......not.) Well Im sorry Mam but thats the best I can do.

What is wrong with you people, your the second electrician that has told me you cant help me.

She then hung up.

Honestly...............Sometimes I think I am magnetic and draw dumb people towards me.

When i go fruit shopping, i'm amazed at how some younger staff have no idea what fruit is what. I've been asked to identify grapes, apples, mandarins. I've also been asked to identify nectarines and plums... i guess I can maybe understand that, but it's still odd to me...

But apples and grapes? WTF??

Pop Popavich said:
On some cars the fuel warning light has a little arrow to tell people what side the filler is on, but most of them just rely on people being able to remember. If the hose side trick is true for your car, it's a handy way to remember, but it's not a deliberate indicator.
correct. i checked mine after that email too:

dsc08190ep5.jpg

Yeah the icon looks like that for every car I've ever driven, even if the gas tank is on the right side (which mine is).

dbailey11 said:
Hahahaha!!!=D

QFT

I'm in PA, very close to Jersey, so it's quite possible she had the PA plates because of the lower insurance costs, this is probably pretty obvious though and not even worth mentioning. But anyone licensed to drive should know how to pump gas, thats fucking ridiculous. But yea, the population is getting dumber by the second.

Anyone seen "Idiocracy?" It's a silly movie, but even sillier is the fact it's what will most likely happen. Lame.

samadhi said:
When i go fruit shopping, i'm amazed at how some younger staff have no idea what fruit is what. I've been asked to identify grapes, apples, mandarins. I've also been asked to identify nectarines and plums... i guess I can maybe understand that, but it's still odd to me...

But apples and grapes? WTF??

lol, that's funny for two reasons. One, they don't know what fruit is. Two, they (with that obvious love of all things fruit) decided that a fruit store was the place they'd like to work.

But then I realised that it could have been at a supermarket and not a fruit store, but still!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a story that I just remembered because of the petrol pump talk. A friend was driving someone elses car (so it's understandable that she didn't know which side the petrol tank filled up from). Anyway, she pulled up at a petrol pump on the wrong side of the car. The car owner told her "the petrol cap is on the other side of the car." So she did a U-turn and pulled up at the petrol pump directly parallel to that one.

Like this:

{}
From here. ->
+++++++++|
+++++++++|
To here.<---|
{}

She was still on the wrong side.

2c-buoyant said:
But yea, the population is getting dumber by the second.

You know what is really scary.............I think your right.

MazDan said:
You know what is really scary.............I think your right.

I know he's right. I saw a commercial for the iPhone the other day in which this guy was relating a story about he and his gf were supposed to have dinner with his gf's boss and fiance, and she couldn't remember her boss's fiance's name. So this tool just looks it up on the handydandy iPhone under 'wedding party' and voila, problem solved. Then he said he'd since forgotten her name after the dinner, wow.

That totally describes about 95%of people with cell phones these days. I know people who are amazed that I actually remember phone #s (since I have to, not having a cell and all). And the fact that people don't even know their own number amazes the shit outta me, but more in a cringeworthy, I'm silently judging you kind of way

Last edited:
Rated E said:
I have a story that I just remembered because of the petrol pump talk. A friend was driving someone elses car (so it's understandable that she didn't know which side the petrol tank filled up from). Anyway, she pulled up at a petrol pump on the wrong side of the car. The car owner told her "the petrol cap is on the other side of the car." So she did a U-turn and pulled up at the petrol pump directly parallel to that one.

Like this:

{}
From here. ->
+++++++++|
+++++++++|
To here.<---|
{}

She was still on the wrong side.

^ Hehe i did that when i first got my license :eek: I was in the car by myself, it was pretty embarrassing. Haven't forgotten which side it's on since though :D

Another thing that happened to me later in that week, tried parking in a parking lot, next thing i know im lodged up horizontally against a pole. I had to climb out the passenger side and go find some guy to jump in and reverse me out! Not one of my smartest moments lol. My poor little car suffered.